1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by longbow, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Dec 3, 2008 at 11:07 AM
    longbow

longbow [OP] I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    I am doing a bed light mod, and I have a question.... would you go round or square?
    I will only use one light, at the back of the bed near cab, drivers side, in front of the hi-lift jack. Attached to the driverside bed rail.
    The light will have the military black-out, so the person standing at the tailgate isn't blinded. I am planning on using Hella's, w/black housing, black for the black-out, and all black mounting hardware.
    Let me know what you all think.

2. Dec 3, 2008 at 11:11 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I'd go rectangular, but I'd rather use two smaller lights than 1 big one.

3. Dec 3, 2008 at 11:16 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    I did a play set up, with a 55 watt fog light. WOW over powering, I couldn't even see the jack. The idea is for not so much backing up, but for complete light-up of bed and area toward back of tailgate.
    I then added duct tape (for play) to mess with the scattered beam, and was able to cut a pattern on the cover (raised), to about 3 feet of the cab toward bed.

4. Dec 3, 2008 at 11:18 AM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I'd go the LED route with multiple bulbs from different directions, so that the shadows are reduced.

5. Dec 3, 2008 at 11:25 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Never thought of that, going to look into it. Plus see what other people think.

6. Dec 3, 2008 at 11:42 AM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    There are some LEDs that can be very bright. I'd try to get a wide angle and a diffuser and you should be set.

7. Dec 3, 2008 at 11:52 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Stupid question...and no I have not searched yet :eek:. Location to find these?

8. Dec 3, 2008 at 11:57 AM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
  9. Dec 3, 2008 at 7:51 PM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    is that the place you got your rock lights?

10. Dec 3, 2008 at 8:05 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Recantagular lights are nice for the bed alot of light thats what im running.

11. Dec 4, 2008 at 5:13 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    This is my next mod to my truck, I am going the cheap route and just putting some fog/driving lights in the two cubby holes in the bed (like PB did a few years back on his truck). Glad I say this thread I will be buying square lights now. Thanks guys!

12. Dec 4, 2008 at 7:56 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:

13. Dec 4, 2008 at 8:14 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    I am not too happy with Oznium.com right now. I ordered 2 switches from them on eBay, and I have not heard anything from them! :mad:

I have emailed them twice in the past week, and haven't gotten a reply!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  14. Dec 4, 2008 at 8:32 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Well... I just contacted them through their website. Hopefully I will hear from them today.

Back on the original post: If Oznium gets on the ball with these switches, I plan on putting a pair of white Cold Cathode tubes on either side of my tonneau cover rails, and putting them to one of my new switches. The other switch will control my DRLs.

15. Dec 4, 2008 at 12:25 PM
    SocalMan22

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Silverback07 i do have my lights to a switch next to the other switches i have what i like about these lights they cost 17 bucks at walmart and comes with everything but what i had done is put it on a relay and had to run longer wires to the back i will probably switch the color to yellow it shows up better when your in the desert and someone is following you,you dont want to blind whos behind you.

16. Dec 4, 2008 at 12:34 PM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
  17. Dec 4, 2008 at 4:06 PM
    kristopherl

kristopherl AKA: Jake the Wolf

Member:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4x4 Sport LB. Foglight
    Cup holder LEDs, Black Max Tonau, BHL Mod, N-Fab side steps
    +1... Ebay has some pretty cheap

18. Dec 4, 2008 at 4:46 PM
    SocalMan22

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    So heres my pic of my lights.
    backlights_3f65fa2ddd827d88179e4b086aae380a0080b169.jpg
    Heres my switches the top is the back lights and the bottom is for my hid's very bottom hella's
    switch-1_6d09753250c5378051d84e7ff5ed89d898a1db1a.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top