1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

02 dbl cab sound system!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by MHS2846bg8, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Nov 29, 2008 at 12:08 PM
    MHS2846bg8

MHS2846bg8 [OP] Experienced Noob

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    South Coast of Oregon
    Vehicle:
    21 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Dbl Cab 4x4
    4WP Factory Front Bumper w/Warn VR EVO 10-S Winch, AuxBeam 8-Switch Controller, Redarc Trailer Brake Controller, ARE CX-Evolve Cap, Bedrug Liner, Ditch Pod Lights, Aftermarket LED (OEM) Bed Lights, Console Vault
    Howdy TW browsers!!!

I'm looking into re-vamping my sound system (more like a major overhaul) when I get back to the states from this deployment.

I've found that "ok" looking pre-built box for 1st gen dbl cabs (http://www.supercrewsound.com/commerce/product.jsp?prodId=78&catId=69) and I also found one that kind of extends the center console to the back with a sub in it on customtacos.com.

I guess i'm looking for some advice for some good quality speakers/sub/amp(s)/deck. And/or anyone who builds custom boxes and have done one for this truck before in the Yuma/Phoenix AZ area. That would ROCK!:D

Thanks for your help!

2. Nov 29, 2008 at 1:58 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Hey man! I did a total over hall on my sound system too. Got a good deck (pioneer/premiere) got infiniti speakers in all 4 door. I just have always loved infiniti speakers, but theres alot of good speakers out there. This year I did the custom sub box with 2 8" pioneer subs, and they sound awsome! I got pix up if you wantta check them out.

3. Nov 29, 2008 at 8:51 PM
    MHS2846bg8

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    South Coast of Oregon
    Vehicle:
    4WP Factory Front Bumper w/Warn VR EVO 10-S Winch, AuxBeam 8-Switch Controller, Redarc Trailer Brake Controller, ARE CX-Evolve Cap, Bedrug Liner, Ditch Pod Lights, Aftermarket LED (OEM) Bed Lights, Console Vault
    Hey man! I checked out your pics. Looks good! How much trouble was it to put that box behind the seat? I know you have to remove some hardware back there to make it fit.

4. Nov 29, 2008 at 9:17 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    yeah, it wasn't that bad, just have to remove everything and bend some brackets to get it up tight to the back. But It fits perfectly.

5. Dec 4, 2008 at 7:54 PM
    installersam

installersam Well-Known Member

Member:
    raleigh NC
    Vehicle:
    03 Double Cab
    Here is a box i built for my 03 Double cab.

Could probably get you some names of good shops in your area.

As far as speakers, there are alot of good brands out there i prefer JL audio, but thats just me. Its all in how much you want to spend. Amps are the same.

0906081743a.jpg
    0906081743b.jpg
    0906081743.jpg
    0906081643.jpg

6. Dec 4, 2008 at 7:59 PM
    installersam

Member:
    raleigh NC
    Vehicle:
    03 Double Cab
    I have a friend in Surprise AZ that does car audio for fun. I could walk him through a build like this. That would be cheaper then paying a shop to do it.

7. Dec 4, 2008 at 9:19 PM
    MHS2846bg8

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    South Coast of Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Hey, that sub fixture looks pretty sweet. what size is that? Is it a pretty sturdy mount? and If i'm looking at it, you had to take all of the storage out and replace it all with the fixture.

8. Dec 4, 2008 at 9:28 PM
    MHS2846bg8

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    South Coast of Oregon
    Vehicle:

Thats awesome man, Surprise is up by phoenix...kinda the outskirts right? All I would need is someone to make the box. I could do the installation.

9. Dec 5, 2008 at 5:26 PM
    installersam

Member:
    raleigh NC
    Vehicle:
    03 Double Cab
    The sub is a 10" JL audio w3. Yes, all the storage is gone. For me it was worth it. The enclosure is held in place via the factory bolt locations for the center console. I just had to get longer 10mm bolts and shot through the bottom of the enclosure. Yeah Surprise is just a few mins out of Phoenix. I would have to talk to my friend, but he would probably be willing to do it.

Products Discussed in

To Top