1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

40 series Delta Flow - First Impression

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by WONGOnumeroUNO, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Feb 7, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    WONGOnumeroUNO

WONGOnumeroUNO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wongo
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC
    Front: 1.6" Eibach Coils with 0.85" Bilsteins up front; Rear: Toytec 1.5" AAL and Bilsteins; 285 Goodyear Duratracs on 17" KMC XD Spy
    so i got my 40 series Delta Flow installed today, i went with single in/single out... to be honest with you, not all that impressed... i thought it would be louder-overall.

i went with 40sDF since i frequently use my Pioneer's Bluetooth for calls, but i still wanted i nice start up growl and when accelerating.

interior is surprisingly very quiet, i didn't expect the deflectors ("delta flow tech") to eliminate sooo much interior sound, i have to bring the windows down to here it. I would like to have heard it a little more in the inside.

exterior is okay, definitely better than stock... but not all that impressive. (okay, i know i know... we ain't driving V8's here, but still)

kinda wondering if i should have gone with Original 40 series... a slight increase in exterior sound, and a little more interior sound (which now i think i would have liked, but idk if my incoming calls would)...

is this as good as it gets for us?

i'm not sure how much a difference a Super 40 or Original 40 would be.

any thoughts on this or has anyone gone the same route with a Delta Flow first, then swapping it out with another?

2. Feb 12, 2011 at 8:19 PM
    Yamaha Dave

Yamaha Dave Well-Known Member

Member:

No sir! You should of gone with a free flowing straight through exhaust like Wicked Flow or AT. That's what I have on mine and it growls and womps like there's no tommorrow. Absolutley sounds amazing...

3. Feb 12, 2011 at 10:05 PM
    eight3one_offroad

eight3one_offroad Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 with a few things.
    Optima Red Top 34R, OME 885 / N140S + 5100 rear, TSB leaf pack, Camburg Ball Joint UCA, Wheelers Diff drop, AEM Brute Force Intake with filter wrap, Summit Super Turbo muffler, Llumar 5% tint, Pioneer single din head unit, PIAA 510 Ion Crystal Fogs in stock location, Sonar LED tails. Sway Bar removal. Charcoal filter delete. Stant 11509 Locking Gas Cap.
    Super 40 dumped after the rear axle son!

4. Feb 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    eight3one_offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    Optima Red Top 34R, OME 885 / N140S + 5100 rear, TSB leaf pack, Camburg Ball Joint UCA, Wheelers Diff drop, AEM Brute Force Intake with filter wrap, Summit Super Turbo muffler, Llumar 5% tint, Pioneer single din head unit, PIAA 510 Ion Crystal Fogs in stock location, Sonar LED tails. Sway Bar removal. Charcoal filter delete. Stant 11509 Locking Gas Cap.
    I'll see if a friend can video the sound. I think you are better off with a Super 40 then Delta Flow. The DF is less noise.

- Rich

5. Feb 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    eight3one_offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    The original you will hear it for sure!

6. Feb 14, 2011 at 9:31 PM
    kinkrider101

kinkrider101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    santa barbara
    Vehicle:
    2007 cummins/2007 tacoma
    wheels and tires
    Aero turbine 2525 I love it! I think its the loudest one

7. Feb 15, 2011 at 11:18 PM
    eight3one_offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top