1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BMW hose clamp available - St. Louis, MO

Discussion in 'Mid West' started by Primersinmyshoe, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Feb 27, 2011 at 9:40 AM
    Primersinmyshoe

Primersinmyshoe [OP] Old Sheepdog

Member:
    St. Louis, MO
    Vehicle:
    2020 Limited MGM
    None (yet)
    To deter tailgate theft I put a hose clamp on the pass. side tailgate hinge. It started to rust. Fellow forum member Everbody sent me two hose clamps off a BMW that will be an improvement over the old clamp. I have one left and it's free to who ever wants it. Here's how it looks (note old rusty clamp). Shoot me a PM, then come and get it. I live in south city.

DSCN5633_7a62248b202ef57cad3b0b2d1a65401a881e5d22.jpg

2. Feb 27, 2011 at 7:52 PM
    Everbody

Everbody Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 TRD 2wd
    Looks stock
    Easy to find in mid '80's BMW's, they have raised ribs, not punched slots that weaken the clamp. Look for the radiator clamps, they'll say 42-48 on 'em with a BMW emblem. Most salvage yards don't bother with "pocket parts" if you're buying something else. I went out yesterday and found a dozen of 'em. $4 shipped to the U.S.

3. Dec 31, 2015 at 4:32 AM
    06Tacooo

06Tacooo Earth Czar

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    39° 14' N / 83° 13' W
    Vehicle:
    06 Off Road Access Cab Indigo Ink Pearl
    Michelin Defender LTX M/S2, ABS kill switch, Tech Deck, Mirror riser, Ride-Rites, BF Garmin GPS
    I used a couple of those giant zip ties that hvac installers use, They're about 2 feet long, 1/2" wide, maybe 3/16" thick. Easier to install, no rust, can be made super tight then trimmed. I have a whole bag of them, if I ever need to take the tailgate off. I figure thieves are basically lazy and stupid and won't have anything with them to cut heavy plastic. Instead, they'll just move on. So far so good after 12 years.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  4. Jan 25, 2016 at 4:24 AM
    Caligula

Caligula Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2000 Ext. Cab Prerunner 2.7L
    Just passing through.

You can search the site realoem.com. Its a online catalog of all BMW parts going back to the 1960's. I have my own catalog on my system, if you need some help finding a certain size.

Many of these clamps are manufactured either by BMW themselves or by the manufacturer GEMI. For example, in replacing the spring clamps on my A/T cooler lines, i used BMW part #07129952104. Its a 12-15mm clamp.

If you let me know what you are looking for I can get these and any other OEM parts from my supplier and resell them to you.

FYI, the pic in the first post IS NOT a BMW clamp. It would look like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top