1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

About to shoot my dog!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by luk8272, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Dec 13, 2008 at 6:47 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Sorry you are correct I should have thrown in some smiles! I don't really beat my dog per say, these are the only 3 times she has ever been hit. Normally a scolding is more than enough. I said beating because I was angry actually it is more like 5 or 6 whacks to the head and behind next to all the messes.

I have been around pits since it was legal to fight them, I have never myself but have been to the fights, Its not what you see on T.V. at-least not here. My point is I have been around these dogs as long as I can remember, sometimes things need to be hit to understand. Just look at the way kids are turning out these days.

Don't get me wrong she is one of the best I have ever had with the exception of this. Its just the tree is too intriguing. I imagine it is separation anxiety causing this. Besides how could anyone be mad at this
    DSC02113_2910d7b9bd3a18c6db11f96c62ec6c58008fbbd7.jpg
    DSC02154_b3ad83087695247ab9f5ba5cecfec2a815115b7f.jpg
    DSC02082_29ac6ca2a588b69203f7752ec3472e296c102f4a.jpg
    To help get her energy out, I have a spring pole, large balls, and we run in the morining and afternoon if the weather permits. They say a tired dog is a good dog. We also do 3-4 15 minute training sessions a day, depending on her mood and time. Owning one of these dogs is a big responsibility, and you must be ready to handle it. I was just ranting here. Thanks for the input, I will put some of it into affect.

2. Dec 13, 2008 at 6:54 AM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    I would say hide the gifts but she would probobly track them down, then the kiddos will know where the hiding spot is...

LOL that might be what it is.. the kids are doing something to the presents to get the dog to mess with them.. try to rip the wrapping see what there getting.. try smacking the kids next time. haha

3. Dec 13, 2008 at 6:56 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I will be looking into the spray that the others have mentioned. Its just one of those things. And will all be over in 20 days.

4. Dec 13, 2008 at 7:01 AM
    praetor

praetor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carlsbad, NM
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner Accesscab TRD Off Road
  5. Dec 13, 2008 at 7:06 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:

That would be a boring show, no one would ever be around. She behaves very well when I am around. I watch the show but never had a dog act like the ones on there. With the exception of this little one.

6. Dec 13, 2008 at 7:16 AM
    dud122

dud122 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!
    Sorry to go off but this is one of those things that gets me fired up. Thankfully its not the way it seemed in your original posts.

I am an animal cruelty investigator so you aren't going to win me over with the fighting comment. But at least you know what you are getting yourself into with this breed. I can't say I've ever seen a fighting ring and thought it wasn't too bad and I have seen quite a few. Also, both of my pits were rescued from that type of situation so I am a bit partial.

Looks like your pup has a pretty loving family, she is one of the lucky ones.

7. Dec 13, 2008 at 8:21 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    No problem, that was a very polite way to go off. I was upset when I made the original post. Sorry about that. Pits get such a bad rep already.
    I live in a small country town, the dog fighting here was nothing like what I have seen on TV. The dogs are part of the family they are very well fed and loved. None here have been killed or miss treated for losing a fight, atleast the ones we used to run with. But I know there are those that do. I can't even imagine what you have seen.

8. Dec 13, 2008 at 9:01 AM
    praetor

praetor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carlsbad, NM
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner Accesscab TRD Off Road
    Boring or not his principals apply to your situation. The dog has pepped up energy and suffers form some separation anxiety. He needs to know you are still the alpha male when you are gone. Worked on my dogs.

Plus you have to see "Daddy", which is Will Smith's Pit (I think). Talk about a gentle soul.

9. Dec 13, 2008 at 10:47 AM
    311offroad

311offroad Stock Taco For Now

Member:
    Milledgeville, GA
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD OffRoad SR5 4x4 Short Bed Debadged
    20% tint, Debadged, Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT, Infinity component door speakers, MagLite mod
    Man Im havin a hell of a time training my 7month old Beagle. Shes so damn stubborn! haha

House training and understanding the word "no" was a breeze... caught on very fast. But she is horrible about begging for human food although her dish is sitting 5ft away and is full. When outside if she doesn't have her shock collar on she will sometimes just stop listening and do what she wants... until you practically have to yell at her for her to respond. The whole time she'll glance up at me too like saying "I hear you but I don't care" lol

10. Dec 13, 2008 at 12:50 PM
    JimmyCrackCorn

JimmyCrackCorn Atlanta Falcons

Member:
    Cumming, GA (N. Atlanta Area)
    Vehicle:
    2008 Black PreRunner TRD Sport
    Aero Kit, 3" Lift, 18% All Around Tint, 50% Windshield Tint, MO 957's (Polished), 285/65/18 Terra Grappler's
    I hear Mike Vick is getting out soon and is looking for some young Pit pups to join his fight camp....just kiddin.

Maybe something like this will work, (found at any of your local giant pet warehouses for under $10):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Water-based spray deters chewing. Alcohol-free formula will not sting like other chew products. Spray evenly on hot spots, summer itch, wounds, sores, bandages, furniture, wood, drapes, paws, tails, and manes.
    May be used on dogs, cats, and horses. Do not spray around eyes.
    May be sprayed over medication.

Manufacturer offers a 100% money back guarantee.

Active ingredient: rosemary 0.5%. Other ingredients: water and sodium bicarbonate.

11. Dec 13, 2008 at 12:58 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    i've never had an issue with my dog chewing my stuff...tho she did chew up a brand new pair of costa del mar sunglasses :mad:

when i first got her i would pop her on the butt when she would mess on the floor in front of me or when she would pick up something that wasnt hers...i made sure there were plenty of toys around at all times for her to chew on...

i've gotten her to where she now understands "drop it" and i can safely leave her loose in the house without her chewing up my stuff...usually because she knows if shes loose in the house then im coming back...

i had a problem for a little while with her digging out of her kennel during the day while i was at work...and we switched things up a bit and she shares the kennel with one of the roommates dogs now and she's happy as a lark AND tired when i get home from wrestling all day

i go in and change and come out...let just her out...and we play fetch and wrestle and play for at least 30 minutes if the weather is decent...we then go in and she eats and plays with one of her chew toys...eventually we go out and come back in and she goes straight into her crate (on her own accord) and goes to bed

12. Dec 14, 2008 at 5:25 AM
    RedTaco2134

RedTaco2134 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Portland, Or
    Vehicle:
    08 Long Bed TRD Sport
    295/70/17 Cooper STT Pro, Revtek 3" lift. TSB rear and Blistein 5100's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3097063
    Damn Dog! Just curious, how do you project youself when your around her? Or about to "Whoop" her? Dog's are smart animals, and while pain might get their attention a lot faster, but its not always the resolution. You can easily get her to stop by Grabbing her collar, swat her nose, then Stand over her. So she knows who the "Alpha" is. Dogs all have a "Pack" mentality treat her as if you were/are the Leader. Use a Firm voice, not a yell, when telling her "No!". We used to Train Police German Sheperds, and I don't think I ever saw my father lay into the dog's more than a hanful of times.

13. Dec 14, 2008 at 6:33 AM
    Rich8419

Rich8419 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2009 Dbl Cab Short Bed Offroad Pkg
    weathertech floor liners, scan guage, gatekeeper
    quick thread hijack,

KT, how did you houose break your dog? My beaglle is going on 6 mo and still goes inside!

14. Dec 14, 2008 at 11:41 AM
    311offroad

311offroad Stock Taco For Now

Member:
    Milledgeville, GA
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD OffRoad SR5 4x4 Short Bed Debadged
    20% tint, Debadged, Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT, Infinity component door speakers, MagLite mod
    We started out when we got her (7 weeks) taking her out constantly. At least once an hour. If she ate she went out, if she woke up from a nap she went out, etc.

If she went on the floor, we would put her nose in it and scold her. She knew real quick that it was a bad thing to go in the house.

Is your beagle real stubborn? Gosh mine makes me so mad sometimes. especially when shes outside and i want her to come in, I call and call and call until I finally have to raise my voice and yell at her. then she finally trots over.

15. Dec 14, 2008 at 12:04 PM
    MurphMan

MurphMan Senility Rocks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    * AFE Stage 2 XP CAI System * Westin Platinum Series Black Step Bars * TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau * Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat * WeatherTech Extreme-Duty Floor Liners * WeatherTech In-Channel Window Visors * Sony Xplod CDX-GT81UW Receiver * Sony Xplod 2-way speakers * Boss Audio BASS600 Amplified Subwoofer * Billet Grille Mod
    6 mos. still means puppy. Get a crate and use it only when you're not around to watch her. It does work - done it before and will do it again.

16. Dec 14, 2008 at 2:32 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:

This is the first time I have tried this but so far I like it. When I take her out I tell her "better go now" when she starts to do her business. It makes people ask what the hell are you doing but when we left for the hurricanes and would pull off the road to let her go she would right away. And in this cold weather it is a life saver. Just a thought.

Oh and heads up on my situation. I left the house with her loose, like always, for 5 hrs. Guess what no problems, I also didn't change anything. Also stayed this morning for 3hrs. Tree and gifts are fine. She has no misconception about who the Alpha male is, its just her job, like a child to see what she can get away with. Thanks for the tips, I'll still pick up some of that spray, for in-case.

17. Dec 16, 2008 at 9:34 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    dude, i love your avatar.... just be careful or TW will shut down for an entire day while the authorities "disarm" it :)

Products Discussed in

To Top