1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where should I purchase my HU??

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Bumponapickle, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Mar 12, 2011 at 6:04 AM
    Bumponapickle

Bumponapickle [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD + Leather DCLB
    Old Man Emu 3 inch lift + AAL, Satoshi and Pioneer Avic Z130BT
    Looking at picking up a Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT, I thought it might be a good starting point for my audio component build. Question is "where should I purchase from?", Sonic Electronix has it for $949 at this time, free shipping and more importantly are a authorized seller. Anyone have any suggestions, I purchase stateside and pick it up at UPS store across the boarder, saves me a shitload of coin (upto 50%) vice purchasing in Canada.

2. Mar 12, 2011 at 6:09 AM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    If you are knowledgeable enough to do the wiring, just get it from the cheapest place you can!

3. Mar 12, 2011 at 6:17 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I've always liked Crutchfield, free shipping pending price, free installation gear and instructions, and they are very knowledgeable. Allthough they are quite a bit more on the model you want.

http://www.crutchfield.com/

4. Mar 12, 2011 at 6:19 AM
    trd7

trd7 4wd tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Tacoma 4x4 4cyl auto
    AEM air intake
    x2^

5. Mar 12, 2011 at 9:30 AM
    mattg43

mattg43 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5 DC
    SwingCase, driver side. PVC Bike rack. Aftermarket stereo.
    Sonicelectronix.com is not an authorized dealer, and you will have no warranty support from Pioneer.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...r+Car+Audio+Video+Authorized+Internet+Dealers

While these units are generally pretty good, you have to decide of $300 bucks is worth no warranty.

Another option that many do not think about, is go to your local B&M store. Tell them you have found it cheaper online, but want to support your local shop, and ask them if they can price match, or come close.

Also, an open box discount:

http://outlet.crutchfield.com/p_130AVIC120/Pioneer-AVIC-Z120BT.html?cc=02&tp=20211

6. Mar 14, 2011 at 6:40 PM
    upwardpgv

upwardpgv Member

Member:
  7. Mar 16, 2011 at 6:55 PM
    btacoma

btacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    texas
    Vehicle:
    ‘22 trd offroad
    Pro grille Raptor lights Interior mods

i just bought the avh-p4300 from sonicelectronix, it doesnt show them as an authorized seller on pioneers website, but they claim to be an authorized seller. i dont know, but the head unit i bought was only $399 and not $900. all i know about sonic is that they are cleaper and ive read good reviews. im gona take a chance i feel better than getting one on ebay.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  8. Mar 16, 2011 at 8:15 PM
    acozzens

acozzens Well-Known Member

Member:
    98056 , washington state
    Vehicle:
    06 4d 4wd trd sr5 silver
    Michelin ltx m/s WSU (cougs) License Plate Holder $1.99 Gate Theft Mod DIY HU install DIY SWI-JACK install DIY rear speaker & baffle DIY ipod audio/video interface DIY HD radio DIY Alpine pdx 5 DIY front components install DIY RedLine Tuning Gas hood lift ( very slick ) DIY slimcubby gb hid head/fog DIY extang trifold trifecta DIY dynolock tailgate lock
    No assault on anyone here, but I don't think I bought anything from Crutchfield. Like Memorio said, if you got the skillz get the price.

I didn't need all the extra crutchfield love. I have the tacomaWorld forums for support :)

Certainly the MFG will have some warranty regardless of where you purchased ? Authorized dealers are good, but if I recall, I think went sonix as well as a few other folks here. I kind of got all the crap I needed from a variety of places, mainly based on price.

Happy projects ! Have fun, good luck, enjoy.

9. Mar 16, 2011 at 9:54 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    Check out sonicelectronix.com they have better pricing then cruch

10. Mar 17, 2011 at 3:53 AM
    Bumponapickle

Bumponapickle [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD + Leather DCLB
    Old Man Emu 3 inch lift + AAL, Satoshi and Pioneer Avic Z130BT
    Pulled the pin and ordered everything from Sonic Electronix this morning, just have to order the cable for the factory installed fin antenna on the roof.

ordered the Pioneer AVIC Z120bt, XM module, iphone cable, PAC SWI-PS steering controls and Scosche install kit.

Now, I just have to get out of this shithole country and back to good ol North America to install it!!!

11. Mar 17, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    upwardpgv

upwardpgv Member

Member:
    Sonicelect. "USED" to sell knockoff off name brand stuff. I bought a radio from them once at a good price and 6 months later it died. I would check the website of whatever company you choose to go with (Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer) and make sure they will guarentee the product that is purchased from Sonicelectronix. Just because Sonic says they are authorized doesnt mean they actually are. Any top rated company like the 3 listed above will list the online dealers who are authorized on their website. I have had alot of luck getting authorized online stores to match Sonic's price.

Products Discussed in

To Top