1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What movies were filmed where you live?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by genxer36, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 12, 2011 at 5:59 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    these, we're the new LA! lol

2. Mar 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    Shiftin2Sixth

Shiftin2Sixth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt (kûrt)
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2021 MGM TRD-OR DCSB 4WD
  3. Mar 12, 2011 at 6:10 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    thats awesome! i was down near jacksonville last week and i saw all the logging trucks going down the highway. i told my buddy that was with me "im just gonna tell people that i saw trucks hauling tree's that bobby goodson cut down"

4. Mar 12, 2011 at 7:29 PM
    blue97taco

blue97taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    alex
    Raleigh, Nc
    haha yeah man they were at a bbq festival in kinston and me and my stepmom walked past their tent and when she and my dad were watchin it on tv one day they saw us lol we got to meet them too it was pretty cool. they actually got disqualified so we tell people that we beat the swamp loggers in a bbq cookin contest lol

5. Mar 13, 2011 at 12:15 AM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    Almost all of Charlie Chaplin's films

6. Mar 13, 2011 at 12:16 AM
    SurfInferno

SurfInferno Dont be stupid, its not smart.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
    little miss sunshine. Easy A

7. Mar 13, 2011 at 10:13 AM
    05 X-Runner

05 X-Runner Murdered X

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Napa, Nor-Cal. Whine Country U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    BSP 05 X-Runner, 07 TRD Sport Super White
    HVM C/F X-Runner badge 1 of 6 made,P/C'ed black rims,Blacked out Billet Grill,BLHM,HID's,Tinted tail covers, Fog light mod,BFLM,C2C Black eyelids,,C2C 1.75" Front drop 2" rear,C2C Hoodstruts,URD Shortshifter,URD T-CAI.Custom Coupe shiftball, NST Manifold Spacer.. 07 TRD Sport Super White,De-badged,White headlight Mod,Fog light mod,White tail light mod,C2C white eyelids, C2C hood struts
    only good one i can think of was Apocalypse Now

8. Mar 13, 2011 at 10:19 AM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    I used to live in Pacific grove CA where they made a film called Turner And hootch.

9. Mar 13, 2011 at 10:27 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    the indian fighter
    the way west
    the apple dumpling gang
    rooster cogburn
    even cowgirls get the blues
    swordfish
    st. helens

10. Mar 13, 2011 at 10:31 AM
    El Tano

El Tano i am the one who knocks

Member:
    Pasadena. CA
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD sport
    Corvette homelink FRONT: 5100 Blinstein set at 0 Procomp 3" leveling kit Allpro UCA’s. REAR: Icon Multi Rate RXT Leaf Pack 5100 Blinstein. 17x9 kMC wheels 0 BS 285/70 17 Wildpeak A/T4W C range Amp research steps. and a bunch of TSB's
    SO fricking many, here in Pasadena there are filming crews everywhere.
    Here are some of the most famous

[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica] [/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica] [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica][​IMG][/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]1912, D.W. Griffith filmed this movie on the grounds of the Fenyes Estate (now the Pasadena Museum of History) at 470 West Walnut. The film was listed in the Fenyes diaries as "The Queen's Necklace." However, Griffith's biography lists no such film. It is very possible that they changed the name of the film once it was released. Research is on-going by the Pasadena Museum of History to identify the actual film name.[/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica][​IMG]

1918, Production of a Tom Mix movie called "Western Life" was
    also at the Fenyes Mansion.
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]Photos courtesy of the Pasadena Museum of History,
    626-577-1660.
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica] [/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]By 1985, Pasadena was hosting approximately 125 productions a year. A boom in production and marketing by the Pasadena Film Office brought that total to 564 productions in 1996. Since 1912, the following productions filmed at some of Pasadena’s most beautiful locations:

Charlie Chaplin's "The Great Dictator" - Pasadena City Hall was featured as Hinkle's palace.

"Gone with the Wind" (1939) - Arroyo Boulevard & Arroyo Terrace (where the Busch Gardens used to be). - Vivien Leigh’s & Clark Gable’s house was located here in the movie. The house was torn down a few years after the release of the movie.

"It Happened One Night" (1934) - at the Busch Gardens - Arroyo Boulevard & Arroyo Terrace starring Clark Gable

"Adventures of Robin Hood"(1938) - Arroyo Boulevard & Arroyo Terrace (where the Busch Gardens used to be). Starring Erroll Flynn, Olivia De Havilland, Basil Rathbone
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica] "The Batman T.V. Series (1960’s)" - Wayne Manor is at 380 South San Rafael Avenue (also featured in "Dead Again")

"Being There" - Peter Sellar’s house was at 470 West Walnut

"Body Heat" (1981) - Filmed in a building near Fair Oaks and Raymond Ave

"Paper Moon" - scenes in Kendall alley

"The Sting" - this famous Robert Redford/Paul Newman picture was shot in various locations around Pasadena

"Chinatown" - was shot at a property on South Oakland Avenue

both "Back to the Future" movies - the Gamble House, 4 Westmoreland Place

"Bugsy" - Castle Green Apartments at 99 S. Raymond, served as the Hotel de Nacional

"Father of the Bride I & II" - 843 S. El Molino, Steve Martin’s house was shot in Pasadena

"The Player" - Robert Altman’s highly acclaimed film was shot at the old Pasadena Police station which was torn down. The Holly Street Apartments (at Holly and Arroyo Parkway) are now located in this area. Pasadena police officers served as extras in the film.

"Devil in a Blue Dress" & "Lost World: Jurassic Park" - were both featured at the Mayfield Girl’s School, 500 Bellefontaine

"Pulp Fiction" - shot in Pasadena in Kendall Alley and the exterior of the Raymond Theatre.
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]"Spinal Tap" - shot at the Raymond Theatre at the corner of Raymond & Holly.

"Star Trek: Generations" (the movie) - 465 South Grand Avenue

"The Beverly Hillbillies"
    (movie - 1993) - 1284 South Oakland Avenue

"Beverly Hills Cop" - City Hall, Caltech
    Athenaeum[/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]"The Body Guard" music video - also shot at the Raymond Theatre with Whitney Houston[/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]"Being John Malkovich" - Colorado Street Bridge

"The Other Sister" - All Saints Church, 132 North Euclid Street

"Cruel Intentions" - All Saints Church, 132 North Euclid Street
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]"Magnolia" - Colorado Blvd. from Rosemead Blvd. to San Gabriel Blvd.

"Pleasantville" - Rose City High School
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]"Liar, Liar" - San Rafael Elementary School

"Scream 2" - 350 South Grand Avenue; Green between Los Robles and El Molino

"X-Files: Fight the Future" (movie) - 380 South San Rafael, 551 S Hill Avenue

"Rush Hour" - 380 South San Rafael Avenue

"How Stella Got Her Groove Back" - 1182 Elizabeth Avenue

"Armageddon" - 1177 Hillcrest Avenue

"Cable Guy" - 33 East Green Street

"That Thing You Do" - 445 Prospect Square, 490 Prospect Blvd.

"Bye, Bye Love" - 1575 East Mountain

"Unstrung Heros" - 237 West State Street
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]"Idle Hands" - 78 North Marengo, Jackson Street

"If These Walls Could Talk 2" (television special) - 3360 East Foothill Blvd.

"An American President" - Elks Lodge at 300 West Colorado Blvd.
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]"Legally Blonde" - Caltech[/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]"The Man Who Wasn't There" - North Chester between Orange Grove and Mountain

"Enough" - 445 Prospect Square, 860 East Colorado Blvd.
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]"Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" - Mayfield School, 500 Bellefontaine[/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]"Topper" - with Cary Grant - 380 S San Rafael Avenue

"Just Married" - Church of the Angels at 1100 Avenue 64 was the church where Ashton Kutcher's charater got married.
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]"Seabiscuit" - San Rafael Bridge[/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]"The Italian Job" - 295 North San Rafael Avenue, mansion of Ed Norton's character [/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]"Catch Me If You Can" - 3077 East California Blvd.

"Kill Bill" - 2632 East Washington Blvd. (formerly St. Luke's Hospital)

"The Haunted Mansion" - 1480 North Michigan Avenue

'Enemy of the State', 'Traffic', and 'Swordfish.' Many television shows have also used the Cravens Estate (430 Madeline Drive, home of the American Red Cross)for interior and exterior shooting including ABC's 'The Practice,' CBS's 'Murder She Wrote,' CBS's 'Judging Amy,' NBC's 'The Lyon's Den,' and Fox Television's 'Beverly Hills 90210.'

TELEVISION
    "Pasadena"
    (television series) -
    various locations in Old Pasadena, Hillcrest Avenue, Colorado Street Bridge, St. John, Pasadena Avenue, Bungalow Heaven

"West Wing" (television series) - Episode "The Butterball Hotline" (number 8 of Season 3) - Caltech served as the Italian Embassy

"J.A.G. " (television series) - J.A.G. headquarters is the American Red Cross Building at 400 Madeline Drive
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]"Judging Amy" (television series) - Rose City High School among many other locations

"C.S.I." (television series) - Pasadena City Hall Mayor's Office featured as Congressman's office in Season 2 - Episode 11.
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]"Boston Public" (television series) - Rose City High School[/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]"Beverly Hills 90210" (television series) - the Equator Coffee house- 22 Mills Place, appeared from time to time in various episodes.[/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]"X-Files" (television series): Episode "Rush" (number 6 of Season 7) was filmed at Rose City High School. Episode "Invocation" (number 6 of Season 8) was filmed at Victory Park for the carnival scene. Episode "Hollywood A.D." (number 18 of Season 7) was filmed at St. Andrew's, 311 North Raymond Avenue. Episode "Hellbound" (number 4 of Season 9) was filmed at Church of Angels, 1100 Avenue 64.

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (television series - episode "Who Are You?") - Church of the Angels, 1100 Avenue 64. During Season 5, the Castle Green was established as Glory's apartment.
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]"The Rat Pack" (the Kennedy's house) miniseries on HBO

"Alias" - Colorado Street Bridge, 99 South Raymond (Castle Green)
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]Other television series that have filmed various locations in Pasadena: Providence, Murder, She Wrote, Ally McBeal, Titans, Any Day Now, Party of Five, the Wonder Years, V.I.P., Gideon's Crossing[/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, arial, helvetica]
    [/FONT]​

11. Mar 13, 2011 at 10:36 AM
    PAlittlematty

PAlittlematty "the soulless ginger"

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Beech Creek, PA
    Vehicle:
    I miss my taco
    OME Lift, 885 Coils, 13MM Top Spacer, Dakar Leafs, DSM UCAs, Homeroshi Flush Mount Grille, WeatherTech Digifit Mats, Bestop Super Top, Toyota Bed Extender, Clevice Receiver 1990 SR5 3.slow SAS 5” Leafs, high pinion diff, 37” PBRs, MC rear, AP front bumpers, 5.29s, locked
    unstoppable with denzel. paid a farmer $25k to park in his cornfield and be on call while they were filming in case someone had to be pulled out of the field.

12. Mar 13, 2011 at 10:47 AM
    TacomaMan07

TacomaMan07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chandler
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Black Toolbox; Bed Mat; BFG ATs 265/75/16
    That movie is based off Irondale Cafe which is like 5miles down the road from me. Not a movie, but this guy, http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=a50d8bbb4089c98a
    is in my class at school and he played Ricky Bobby as a kid at the beginning of Talladega Nights.
    And my aunt's yard was used in the film Big Fish, down in Montgomery AL.

13. Feb 1, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Old thread, I know.

But I just saw a movie preview for the movie "Gone" and it had a bunch of Portland stuff in it. Shots of downtown, Portland Police cars. I'm not sure if they actually filmed it here, but it obviously takes place here. There's been a lot of filming activity around here lately, so it wouldn't surprise me.

They also film the NBC show Grimm here (it also takes place here), they've filmed about two blocks from my apartment before. :D

14. Feb 1, 2012 at 12:12 PM
    Rusty 06 4x4

Rusty 06 4x4 NBHNC

Member:
    First Name:
    Rusty
    West Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 Tacoma TRD DCSB
    put the lotion in the basket

15. Feb 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    that's pretty cool derek. i don't have much, but one of my favorite movies, The Fugitive had most of it shot in NC. particularly the dam jumping scene, which is Cheoah Dam.

There was a movie with Colin Firth being shot in downtown Raleigh last month. Our student newspaper had ads to be an extra in it, but i didnt pursue it.

there's tons of stuff that is filmed in Wilmington, NC, iron man 3 being one of them. i believe its because something about the tax breaks are so great there or something like that. Also that stupid show One Tree Hill is filmed at the coast, i know some people that have been on there.

East Bound & Down has a lot filmed a lot in North Carolina. If you ever saw the episode where that tall skinny kid wants kenny to throw for him a the car dealership, i know his sister.

Im sure i could google some more, but this is just personal experience/knowledge ones that im posting.

16. Feb 1, 2012 at 12:29 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    • The White Flower – 1923
    • Bird of Paradise – 1932
    • From Here to Eternity – 1953
    • The Enemy Below – 1957
    • The Old Man and the Sea – 1958
    • South Pacific – 1958
    • Wackiest Ship in the Army – 1960
    • Blue Hawaii – 1961
    • Gidget Goes Hawaiian – 1961
    • Girls, Girls, Girls! –1962
    • Ride the Wild Surf – 1964
    • In Harm’s Way – 1965
    • Hawaii – 1966
    • Paradise Hawaiian Style – 1966
    • Blue Hawaii – 1967
    • Tora! Tora! Tora! 1970
    • The Hawaiians – 1970
    • Man With The Golden Gun – 1974
    • Islands in the Stream – 1977
    • Raiders of the Lost Ark – 1981
    • Uncommon Valor – 1983
    • Black Widow – 1985
    • Karate Kid, Part 2 – 1986
    • North Shore – 1987
    • Throw Momma From the Train – 1987
    • Lord of the Flies – 1990
    • Honeymoon in Vegas – 1991
    • Jurassic Park – 1993
    • Waterworld – 1995
    • Outbreak – 1995
    • Picture Bride – 1995
    • Race the Sun – 1995
    • The Lost World – Jurassic Park II – 1997
    • George of the Jungle – 1997
    • 6 Days, 7 Nights – 1997
    • Beyond Paradise – 1998
    • Lani Loa – 1998
    • Molokai: The Story of Father Damien – 1999
    • Johnny Tsunami – 1999
    • Paniolo O Hawaii: Cowboys of the Far West – 2000
    • Pearl Harbor – 2001
    • Planet of the Apes – 2001
    • Blue Crush – 2002
    • 50 First Dates – 2003
    • The Ride – 2003
    • Punch-Drunk Love – 2003
    • The Rundown – 2003
    • The Big Bounce – 2004
    • Along Came Polly – 2004
    • Pipeline – 2006
    • Tropic Thunder – 2008
    • Forgetting Sarah Marshall – 2008
    • Princess Kaiulani – 2009
    • A Perfect Getaway – 2009
    • Battleship – 2010
    • Soul Surfer – 2010
    • Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides – 2011

17. Feb 1, 2012 at 12:29 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    Race to the Sun was about my high school's 1990 solar car team.

18. Feb 1, 2012 at 12:33 PM
    kbp68

kbp68 hey...I can change this!

Member:
    B.C.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DC/SB
    3" Pro Comp Lift/Level, ARB Winch Bumper, Superwinch UT3000,White Sport Grille, Bedliner'd rocker panels, Draw-Tite brake controller
    Clan of the Cave Bear - Daryl Hannah
    Stick - Burt Reynolds
    My Sisters Keeper - Lynn Redgrave
    The Pledge -Jack Nicholson/Sean Penn
    I think Rambo was shot near here also?

19. Feb 1, 2012 at 12:33 PM
    disc0monkey

disc0monkey All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!

Member:
    was living in newark when they were filming war of the worlds

also the soprano house was around the corner from my high school

20. Feb 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM
    commando

commando Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 Double Cab 4X4
    3" spacer lift
    They filmed the movie "Election" at my high school.

I was an extra in the movie and they paid me 50 bucks. I am not able to see myself in the movie, but I was in the bleachers with about 500 other kids during the "speehc" scene.

The High School was in Papillion, Nebraska.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top