1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

interior roll cage dbl cab 03 taco? thought all pro made one, but wasn't on site

Discussion in 'Texas' started by 03TRDtacotrucker, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Mar 30, 2011 at 11:16 AM
    03TRDtacotrucker

03TRDtacotrucker [OP] No Road. No Problem.

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    North Richland Hills, TX
    Vehicle:
    03 SC double cab TRD SR5 4X4
    TRD supercharger, URD 7th injector, Map 3 ECU, 2.2 URD pulley, Doug Thorley headers, Bear River tru performance hi flow cat, 18" Magnaflow muffler, 6" fabtech lift, 33" Goodyear wrangler tires, the old all pro tube rear bumper, ARB front bumper with smitty built 8k winch, pro comp krawlers 87 series wheels, roof rack, 60" hi-lift jack, K&N intake, grey wire mod, front and rear diff breather mod, G2-performance 4.56 gears w/ royal purple oil, red top optima battery, PreRunner Tiregate with full size spare, Radflo front coilovers, Custom home made front skid plate, rear bilstein 5150 series shocks, Elite sliders w/o kick, Camburg UCA, mech grill with old school TOYOTA logo, ash tray removal Cobra CB radio w/ Firestik - List as of 1-17-18
    Know ive seen one before on one of the fabrication sites like all pro or 4x innovations, but just searched yahoo, and google and its only pulling up for the ext cabs? think it was for a reg cab but would work for the dbl.....am im just missing something...or is there a place that makes one or someone you know of who has one?

2. Mar 30, 2011 at 11:30 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    This guy has one in his double cab:
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2270580/2002-toyota-tacoma-xtra-cab

You're better off having one custom fabricated for your rig. Especially if you'd have to pay someone to do the welding (not sure if that's the case), it shouldn't cost much more than buying one of the commercially available kits and having it modified by a professional.

3. Mar 30, 2011 at 7:34 PM
    03TRDtacotrucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    North Richland Hills, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD supercharger, URD 7th injector, Map 3 ECU, 2.2 URD pulley, Doug Thorley headers, Bear River tru performance hi flow cat, 18" Magnaflow muffler, 6" fabtech lift, 33" Goodyear wrangler tires, the old all pro tube rear bumper, ARB front bumper with smitty built 8k winch, pro comp krawlers 87 series wheels, roof rack, 60" hi-lift jack, K&N intake, grey wire mod, front and rear diff breather mod, G2-performance 4.56 gears w/ royal purple oil, red top optima battery, PreRunner Tiregate with full size spare, Radflo front coilovers, Custom home made front skid plate, rear bilstein 5150 series shocks, Elite sliders w/o kick, Camburg UCA, mech grill with old school TOYOTA logo, ash tray removal Cobra CB radio w/ Firestik - List as of 1-17-18
    I have a welder at work and could go in on the weekend and weld a kit together if I could find one for my truck.

4. Mar 30, 2011 at 7:44 PM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    do custom, get it professionally welded.(not saying you cant do it) and dont go with a universal bolt in kit. if you actually do roll it hard, a roll cage that has been put together wrong or bolted together like allpro's kit can cause alot more damage and injury that it will prevent.

5. Mar 30, 2011 at 8:29 PM
    03TRDtacotrucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    North Richland Hills, TX
    Vehicle:
    Thanks ill make sure not to get a bolt in kit, that must be why I cant find all pros on their site anymore.... I finally found the 4xinnovations cage and it seems to be a weld in kit, just emailed him about doing a back seat addon cage for his regular cab set up. so hopefully he gets back with me on it, if anyones had them do one before curious how it is. ill post what he says if he writes back.

6. Mar 30, 2011 at 8:40 PM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    have you checked around on ttora? that site is alot more hard core offroad oriented than this one. just search alot before you start asking questions. they get kinda pissy when you dont search and will likely jump you if you ask a question. Most of the people do a exo cage, that way if you dont like it then it will be alot easier to get rid of.

7. Mar 31, 2011 at 7:12 AM
    03TRDtacotrucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    North Richland Hills, TX
    Vehicle:
    Ya I've actually had a TTORA account since like 07 something, but ya know what you mean about them being jumpy on asking questions. Just know everyone on TW is cool for the most part with questions, also helps to get to meet the different people on the site see what kind of input they have on what your looking for... Sucks looking for anything for the 1st gens now cause your slammed with like a 50/1 ratio of 2nd gen to 1st products anymore. Especially when it comes to getting info on something.

Ya I was thinking of going with an exo cage but if I do anything external that puts another inch of height on my truck then I won't be able to clear the parking garage at work, I'm 2 inches from scrapping right now. That's one of the reason I want an internal cage so I can still use it for daily driving. But do like the way the exo cages look and get what you mean about being able to change it up later, just wish I had outside parking and would probably have gone that rout cause I think it just looks way more aggressive too.

Products Discussed in

To Top