1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bubba just lost his beachin Tundra

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by Sign Guy, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Mar 30, 2011 at 4:27 PM
    YFZ_TRD

YFZ_TRD 4Runner Pilot

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner SR5
    The only reason I have any reason to call him an idiot for it is that serious shit happens when people impersonate cops. Women get raped, people get killed, cars get stolen, etc. Granted, he did not do any of these things. But it's basically assault without the battery. Or like holding a gun in someone's face but not pulling the trigger. Just not something you want to joke around with. There are plenty of other "risky" ways to have fun.

2. Mar 30, 2011 at 4:27 PM
    Dmonkey

Dmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    VZN159L (2002 DC)
    Eibach height adjust shocks in front, KYB monomax shocks in the back. Stock springs front and back. Level 8 MK6 10mm offset wheels on Cooper ATP tires (stock size)
  3. Mar 30, 2011 at 4:30 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    I beg to differ, bro.

4. Mar 30, 2011 at 4:38 PM
    01GREENTACO

01GREENTACO Not all who wander are lost

Member:
    Germantown, TN
    Vehicle:
    01 4WD
    Lost track many, many mods ago.
  5. Mar 30, 2011 at 4:56 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    To the ones defending him, do you notice what I do? You are the young ones on here. Does that not tell you anything? Older = wiser.

Do you not realize the seriousness of this? In the Atlanta area over the last few years there have been many poser cops pulling people over, mostly women, sometimes raped! How would you feel if this was your mother, sister, girlfriend or wife? This is no joke man! On the news they were saying if being pulled over to turn on your flashers and wait until you are in a populated area. Well, weve seen what can happen to people that dont pull over imediately, at least I have. Even though you do have the right to do this, I dont like being put into that situtation just because I dont know if it's really a cop, a prank, someone trying to carjack me or wanting to rape my wife or daughter. How would you feel if you are being pulled over and your not sure it's a real cop so you drive on and when you do stop, it's a real cop and he yanks your ass out of the truck and beats the shit out of you for not stopping? We shouldn't be put in this position because of some dumbass kid or worse wants to play games! I do not want myself put in this position and for gods sake not my wife or daughter!

Aside from all this, I get tired of hearing about stars and athletes because of their fame and money thinking they can get away with anything!

6. Mar 30, 2011 at 5:03 PM
    YFZ_TRD

YFZ_TRD 4Runner Pilot

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner SR5
    Spoken from a 22 year olds perspective here, I agree with you 110%. I think guys on here just have fake big balls because they're talking through their ass onto an online forum. If you think this was funny or say "Shit, I'd do it too!" Then you're an idiot that deserves what you have coming to you. Hopefully you get yours before you hurt someone.

7. Mar 30, 2011 at 5:22 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
    I never liked Bubba Stewart. I'll never forget when he was crying his rookie year in the big class cause he got his ass handed to him by Ricky Carmichael. Ricky is the GOAT and Bubba will never be that good. Hell in Ricky's farewell year he only rode a few select races, I think 7 out of 15, and he still beat Bubba in points.

Edit: I even remember seeing Bubba in one of the original dirt bike videos (I think Terrafirma) when he was 7 riding with Ricky and I think Pastrana. Ricky was always the big brother he could never beat

8. Mar 30, 2011 at 5:31 PM
    Dmonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    VZN159L (2002 DC)
    Eibach height adjust shocks in front, KYB monomax shocks in the back. Stock springs front and back. Level 8 MK6 10mm offset wheels on Cooper ATP tires (stock size)
    if older is wiser then how can some of us younger ones come to a conclusion that is the same as someone who is older?

9. Mar 30, 2011 at 5:34 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    I dont think he meant being young as much as trying to use being young as an excuse to why its ok. IDK but Im kinda in the middle age and I agree too

10. Mar 30, 2011 at 5:37 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Ooooh but if he is correct that just means you will be a genius in just a few years lol

11. Mar 30, 2011 at 5:38 PM
    Dmonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    VZN159L (2002 DC)
    true story, i guess if you consider 25 younger, stay tuned, i may be able to solve this energy crisis.

12. Mar 30, 2011 at 5:43 PM
    Blacktacoma23

Blacktacoma23 If your tires don't rub you can fit bigger tires

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2011 Mall Crawler/84'
    6" BDS DB, 37", Dirt King, Total chaos UCA's w/ Heims, Fox c/o's, 4-banger fenders, 37" Nittos, 4.88 w/ rear ARB, AP Expos, 17x9 Method beadlocks, cab mount relocation, "Insain fab" tub, 5% tint, 10" Rockford Fosgates, Magnaflow 18" custom catback exhaust, AFE intake, Trail Gear bumper, Crown brake lines F/R
    Big ass tundra! :eek:

13. Mar 30, 2011 at 5:45 PM
    NumNutz

NumNutz One of the original 7928

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 - Kings, TC, Dakars, broken stuff
    Lots.
    If anyone forgets...

Travis Pastrana almost killed a kid (kid is paralyzed and has brain damage) when he was around this age getting into a three digit car accident in his corvette.

Everyone forgot about that. This will be completely forgotten about in 3 weeks.

14. Mar 30, 2011 at 6:25 PM
    TacoDawgfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I didn't mean to offend anyone, it just seemed like everyone that was defending him in some fashion was young. I mean look back at the ones saying they would also do it if they had the red and blue lights, or the ones that said we were being too hard on him. Did you see anyone of them that were older? I know I did some stupid shit when I was younger, didn't think as much about it then. Now looking back, I'm like wth? What was I thinking? And wow! Thinking about what could have happened. But hell, I cant say that if I was 18 to early 20's again that I wouldn't be saying the same things. But if you are 18 or over you really have to think about the consequences.

15. Mar 30, 2011 at 6:27 PM
    TacoDawgfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    I've never heard about this in the first place. Damn, and I like Travis too. :rolleyes:

16. Mar 30, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    gooch14

gooch14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2011 Blk DC Taco SR5 4x LB
    Bestop, Child Seats, petrified french fry, dog hair, empty Mtn Dew cans cracked windshield, scratches.
    I have had two trucks with full light bars on them. Never pulled anyone over.

so you are wrong.

17. Mar 30, 2011 at 6:35 PM
    gooch14

gooch14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2011 Blk DC Taco SR5 4x LB
    Bestop, Child Seats, petrified french fry, dog hair, empty Mtn Dew cans cracked windshield, scratches.
    all this

18. Mar 30, 2011 at 9:02 PM
    Two40TacomaAZ

Two40TacomaAZ Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Phoenix,AZ
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner SR5
    33" DuraTrac's, Fog Light Mod., 2.5" ToyTec Lift, Debadged, Gillcraft Mx Mesh Grill, WeatherTech Floor mats, Chaos Rims, K&N Drop-In Filter, 12K H.I.D's, Limo Tint, KYB Shocks, Kenwood Deck, JL Audio W-1, JL Stealthbox, ALpine Speakers, Kenwood Amp., Alarm, Tinted Tail Lights, Pre-Runner Front Bumper, Custom Rear bumper, 3 - 6" KC Daylighters, Removed Fender Flares, L.E.D license plate lights
    Ok. Where to start with this. Yes TacoDawg, in those situations, I 1000% agree with you. However. Fucked up people are gonna do fucked up things regardless. If a person really wants to rape your mother, he can find 100+ ways to do so... and just beause this happens to fit into those, doesn't make your point just. He turned on the lights to get a reaction out of the driver, it back fired on him and he got busted. Thats it. Speeding kils mothers, daughters, babies, dogs, orphans (or anything else you think up) everyday, and we all do it. Your blowing this wayyyyy out of context man, it was all in the name of a joke. I'm not saying he was right, whatever punishment he gets, he more than deserves. But at the end of the day, NOBODY GOT RAPED. So chill.

19. Mar 30, 2011 at 9:11 PM
    Two40TacomaAZ

Two40TacomaAZ Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Phoenix,AZ
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner SR5
    33" DuraTrac's, Fog Light Mod., 2.5" ToyTec Lift, Debadged, Gillcraft Mx Mesh Grill, WeatherTech Floor mats, Chaos Rims, K&N Drop-In Filter, 12K H.I.D's, Limo Tint, KYB Shocks, Kenwood Deck, JL Audio W-1, JL Stealthbox, ALpine Speakers, Kenwood Amp., Alarm, Tinted Tail Lights, Pre-Runner Front Bumper, Custom Rear bumper, 3 - 6" KC Daylighters, Removed Fender Flares, L.E.D license plate lights
    When the hell did I say let it happen? Dude, you sound stupid just keep quiet.

20. Mar 30, 2011 at 9:13 PM
    Canadian144

Canadian144 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Toronto, ON
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCLB Limited
    Maybe he was just trying to perform a citizen's arrest on the speeding undercover cops? haha.

Personally I think the penalty seems pretty severe. I understand where you guys are coming from talking about people pretending to be cops who pull people over and steal from them/rape them/etc. But the way I see it... looks like Stewart was just out having fun with a buddy. Yes it was illegal so he does have to face the penalty whatever it is. I'm just saying.... they didn't actually pull the undercover cops over, get out of the truck wearing fake cop uniforms + fake badges, and walk over to the undercover cops.... instead they just pulled along side them and a buddy just yelled at the cops as a joke. Yes they took off after... but from what I've read it doesn't sounds like the undercover cops actually told them to pull over or made any gestures for them to pull over.

At the end of the day Stewart has to live up to what he's done... he's one of my favorite SX racers so I wish him the best, hopefully he pulls through this it won't distract him from the rest of the season (although I don't think he'll win this season anyways, too far out).

Products Discussed in

To Top