1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone use E-Track in their trailers?

Discussion in 'Towing' started by bigmooze, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Mar 26, 2011 at 2:14 PM
    bigmooze

bigmooze [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    Bilstein 5100's all round (0" up front with stock springs), 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kit, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Delta Champion Toolbox, fog lights, back-up lights, Sirius satellite radio with PA15-TOY, Midland 1001z CB radio with 2' Firestik II antenna, Weathertech floor mats, AVS sill protectors, Marathon SuperHides Seatcovers (Universal Digital Camo), trimmed front mud flaps, Viair 20005 OBA, Warn W650D driving lights and W650F fog lights on N-Fab light bar, Hi-Lift X-treme jack with off road accessories, TracRac "TracONE" system
    I'm about to buy a 7x14 enclosed cargo trailer for moving ATVs.

A friend suggested the E-Track tie down system from Erickson. It's rated at 6000 lb and is simple to install on the trailer floor or on the walls.

Just wondering whether anyone can speak to it - good or bad. Thanks.

http://www.ericksonmfg.com/products/oTrackeTrackAnchors/eTrack.html

2. Apr 4, 2011 at 1:00 PM
    yance

yance Well-Known Member

Member:
    ks
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD DC offroad 4x4
    Toytec AAL, Skyjacker front lift shocks.
    I use E-track in my 6x12. I mounted it to the walls. My experience has been when its on the floors its a dirt/mud/rocks/sand magnet. If you can find a trailer dealer or semi trailer shop, its usually cheaper than the way erickson packages it. On screwing it to the walls, I just removed a row of pre-existing screws that went to the studs and then got some new self tapers for the bottom. Hope this helps.

3. Apr 4, 2011 at 1:06 PM
    bigmooze

bigmooze [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    Bilstein 5100's all round (0" up front with stock springs), 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kit, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Delta Champion Toolbox, fog lights, back-up lights, Sirius satellite radio with PA15-TOY, Midland 1001z CB radio with 2' Firestik II antenna, Weathertech floor mats, AVS sill protectors, Marathon SuperHides Seatcovers (Universal Digital Camo), trimmed front mud flaps, Viair 20005 OBA, Warn W650D driving lights and W650F fog lights on N-Fab light bar, Hi-Lift X-treme jack with off road accessories, TracRac "TracONE" system
    Cool, thanks for the reply. I planned to fasten it to the floor at the very sides, where the walls meet it...that way the exposure to the mud etc. from boots is minimized and I can use the steel frame as a solid mounting point.

4. Apr 4, 2011 at 1:47 PM
    yance

yance Well-Known Member

Member:
    ks
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD DC offroad 4x4
    Toytec AAL, Skyjacker front lift shocks.
    At the very bottom of the wall is a good idea and then I would mount some strips about 2.5-3ft off the floor so you have something to tie off to if you haul a grill, tool box, table, easy up etc. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355022 is where I have found some cool ideas for my trailer.

5. Apr 4, 2011 at 3:13 PM
    blue_tacoma

blue_tacoma Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD SPORT
    3" Toytec AAl with 884 coils AFE Pro dry CAI Magnaflow Cat-back exhaust
    I use e-track in my truck bed and 7x14 trailer walls, great for building materials and any cargo

6. Apr 5, 2011 at 8:49 AM
    fvtalon

fvtalon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern BC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD/Yamaha
    285/65/18 BFG ATs on MKWs Leer Cap
    We have 3 rows in our 6x14, on the floor, about 2 foot and about 4 foot. It's great. To do it again I'd put the floor ones on the wall at the bottom to get a clear floor.

If you have the plain wood panel inside on the trailer grab a pail of gloss white and paint it out too. Makes a huge difference.

7. Apr 5, 2011 at 9:03 AM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    i think they sell it at HarborFreight for cheap

Products Discussed in

To Top