Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

STR8_BEAST's Build "Eleanor"

Old 06-29-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
STR8_BEAST's Build "Eleanor"

I think it's about time I made this; I got her in February of 2009 used with less than 25k miles on a 2007 model. so I'll start with the earliest photo I have of her (I named her Eleanor).

(no not the GT-R, although I did drive that too)

Decided to switch these out

for these

Then got my +50 HP sticker in the mail

I decided that negative arched leafs were no longer "in"

So I pulled some strings at South Coast Toyota and got this

(the tech asked if I was on any forums after I talked to him, I guess you guys are doing a good job )

Here's how she sits after the rear TSB was completed

Forget Wheaties, here's the real breakfast of champions

This day was fun I tore apart the whole front end to throw some spacers on, but they wouldn't fit, so I had to try to disconnect the UCA from the spindle and it did not budge no matter what, and I didn't have a ball joint remover. :sigh:

Now this is 2 days later with a ball joint remover

This is after everything is installed and reassembled

Then I got it aligned at Glenn's in Costa Mesa. I'm happy to support a good local shop.

Went to JLB Motorsports today 6/28 and got these taken off

For these

16x8 Konig Countersteer Offroads on 285/75/16 BFG A/T's

And here is what she looks like with them installed

Armorall'd the tires today

UPDATE 7/15/10

Painted Hubs - cleaned off rust with a wire brush, put on a couple coats of dark primer and then a few coats of flat black. I love how it matches the rims perfectly. Bye bye ugly as rusty hubs

Sold my Tubesteps a couple weeks ago

Well I didn't really have anything to do today, so I decided to finished painting my rear hubs and drums.

And here is what it looks like with the wheel on it.

Painted calipers white.

I also took a better pic of what my caliper looks like painted with the wheel on.

Here is what it all looks like together in a crappy cell phone pic

those are all my updated pics of my truck as of 7/15/10

I think it's about time I update this build...

Finally got rid of that horrid chrome

looks so much better in person

Update for 3/10/2011

Thanks again Ty!

and heres some mad photo skillz from Big Bear (in January I believe),

This is why I Love California:

For now, that is all. I will update it as time goes on. Eventually I am going to long travel, and I plan on doing it with Engage.

Current Mods:
Satoshi and Color Matched Grille
Synthetics only (Royal Purple, Castrol Edge, etc.)
NGK Iridium Plugs
K&N Oil Filter
Debadged
Magnaflow Exhaust w/ tip
Kenwood DNX 7140
Custom stealthbox with 2 Kenwood Excelon 10" Subs
Sony Xplod Front Speakers w/ Tweeters
Kicker Rear Speakers
Performance Technique Sub Amp
Kenwood Excelon 4 Channel Amp
Window Tint: Rear - Limo, Front - Medium ~ 20%
Rear Spring TSB
Front Coil Spacer (2.5")
16x8 Konig Countersteer Offroad Rims in Matte Black
285/75/16 BFG A/T

Mods in the Works:
Retro Fit HID's w/ BHLM and Sleepy Eyelids

Future Mods:
Long Travel: Front, Rear that maintains most bed space, Boxed Frame
TRD Supercharger
Twin Turbo
Headers
Sliders
Remote Fuel Cell 60 gal.
09+ Tail Lights Smoked
Prerunner Bumper
Fiberglass Fenders
Rear high clearance bumper w/ Full Size Spare and matching Wheel

That's it for now, but I will update it when I can.
Thanks for looking
Old 06-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #3
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks yeah I'm going for the stromtrooper look, I just need to get rid of this horrid chrome, I bought the chrome tubies before I became educated
Old 06-29-2010, 12:55 AM   #5
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man
Old 06-29-2010, 12:58 AM   #6
Snowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jacob
Snowmang's Tacoma Gallery
hmmmm theres only one true "beast" sorry buddy.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:59 AM   #7
MASTER CHIEF

Haha I've been pondering selling them, I'll probably post a feeler to see if any body wants them. I definately want some sliders but I'm just trying to find out were on my priorities they are.

Thanks Brett!
Old 06-29-2010, 01:00 AM   #8
MASTER CHIEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmang View Post
hmmmm theres only one true "beast" sorry buddy.
lol which is why SHE is so humbly named Eleanor
Old 06-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #9
MASTER CHIEF

Armorall'd the tires today
Old 07-03-2010, 03:39 PM   #10
MASTER CHIEF

Sold my tube steps yesterday I'll post up a current pic soon. Now I just need to choose what kind of sliders I want to get now. Any suggestions?
Old 07-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #12
MASTER CHIEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBarbaresi View Post
nice looking truck. any fender rubbing issues with your wheel/tire combo?
thanks

haha the tires do rub something terrible , but that's because I haven't trimmed the fenders at all, because I'm planning on selling them when I Long Travel.
They rub around full lock when going forward and around half lock in reverse
Old 07-15-2010, 03:47 PM   #13
MASTER CHIEF

Updated original post with:

Painted Hubs - cleaned off rust with a wire brush, put on a couple coats of dark primer and then a few coats of flat black. I love how it matches the rims perfectly.

Sold my Tubesteps a couple weeks ago

those are all my updated pics of my truck as of 7/15/10

and heres some mad photo skillz from Big Bear (in January I believe),

This is why I Love California:

Old 07-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #14
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Damn I just saw that Skyline and was like then I went blind and looked for more pics of it. You got me good on that one. How was the drive? Good lookin truck btw.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:03 PM   #15
MASTER CHIEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSTIZO99 View Post
Damn I just saw that Skyline and was like then I went blind and looked for more pics of it. You got me good on that one. How was the drive? Good lookin truck btw.
Perks of being a valet It drives sooo nice. It rides like an Infinity or Lexus, but has the power of a Ferrari.

And thanks
Old 07-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #16
00taco is a jewel in the rough00taco is a jewel in the rough00taco is a jewel in the rough00taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Casey
00taco's Tacoma Gallery
sweet truck!! i was happy when i sold my tube sidesteps too!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #17
MASTER CHIEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00taco View Post
sweet truck!! i was happy when i sold my tube sidesteps too!
Thanks
They were alright BEFORE I joined TW you know how that goes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pd3 View Post
Nice job so far, truck looks great!
Thank you

Still got a ways to go
Old 07-18-2010, 10:00 PM   #18
MASTER CHIEF

Well I didn't really have anything to do today, so I decided to finished painting my rear hubs and drums.

And here is what it looks like with the wheel on it.

Painted calipers white.

I also took a better pic of what my caliper looks like painted with the wheel on.

Here is what it all looks like together in a crappy cell phone pic

Old 07-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #19
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
very clean looking truck man. damn ive meaning to paint mine too...n i didnt do crap today...oh well another day.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #20
MASTER CHIEF

Lol there's always tomorrow...

And thanks! your truck looked pretty sick on Friday at Bolsa