1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

07 taco making it mine

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by dubbedSinner, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:08 AM
    dubbedSinner

dubbedSinner [OP] blisters

Member:
    Lowered 3/4, debadged, led tails, projector headlights with hids, billet grill, blacked out windows, painted front and rear bumper and grill shell. Inside, 4 crappy 15's, suede wrapped headliner and door panel inserts, alpine double din, few painted pieces inside, and every led is either blue or white.
    here is my 2007 tacoma that i bought from my grandparents bone stock.

its the 2.7L 4 banger base model with auto trans and its a 5 lugger 2wd... which is awesome because of the plans i have for this truck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:14 AM
    tacosupreme54

tacosupreme54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW GA
    Vehicle:
    Off-Road 4x4 SR-5
    OME 885's, 90000 and n182 shocks, CB drop, 295/75/16 Hankook Dynapro MT RT03's, 16"x8" Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Avid Off Road Light Bar, Magnaflow 12226-14'' Muffler dumped after axle, color matched grille, Team Realtree camo seat and steering wheel covers, Husky floor liners, towing hitch, bed extender, Tacoma bed mat, all black emblems, black sockmonkey decals, bedlined rear bumper.
    good luck and enjoy it man. a bone stock truck has lots of potential. you can make it pretty much whatever you want it to be.

3. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:16 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    Lowered 3/4, debadged, led tails, projector headlights with hids, billet grill, blacked out windows, painted front and rear bumper and grill shell. Inside, 4 crappy 15's, suede wrapped headliner and door panel inserts, alpine double din, few painted pieces inside, and every led is either blue or white.
    so the first thing i did before the title was even transfered to my name was put a system in it.

i put in a panasonic double din model number cq-vw100u that i had in my old car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then i built a box to put in the back to hold 4 hifonics 12" subs and a 1200 watt hitron amp. i built the box to be around 9.5^ft3 after displacement and it is tuned to around 35 hz. the setup pounds pretty hard for the amp that is rated 1200 watts rms but probably puts out less than 1000 rms at 1 ohm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and i did glass the inside corners to seal it off and add strength

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:20 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    after the system i threw some led lights in it from superbrightleds.com to add a more luxiourous feel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and also some leds for the license plate

[​IMG]

next up was to paint the grill shell and bumper to match the paint and instal a 4 piece billet grill

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:20 AM
    503TRD

503TRD Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Tualatin, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    Front Bilstein 5100's Set @ 2.5", Rear Bilstein 5100's, Rear TSB, Rear 1.5" ToyTec AAL, 1" CB Drop Kit, N-Fab Nerf Steps, WeatherTech All Weather Rubber Floor Mats, Grillcraft Grill(Upper/Lower), Blacked Out AC Condenser/Radiator, Tinted Front Windows, Vision X H4 SuperWhite Headlights, Halo H10 Solaris Yellow 45w 3000k Fog Lights, K&N Air Filter, Removed Front Mud Flaps, 18" MagnaFlow Muffler, Chrome Exhaust Tip, TRD Logo Leather Shift Knob, LED License Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, LED Reverse Lights, LED Auxiliary Reverse Lights, Chrome TRD Badge on Tailgate, Redline Tuning Elite Hood Struts, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, Foglights Anytime, ScanGauge II, 13" Stubby Antenna, Flyzeye Design LED Light, Cobra 19 CB Radio/Firestik II Antenna, 18x9 Raceline Raptors, LT275/70/18 Hankook Dynapro ATm, 1.25" Sidertrax Wheel Spacers, Heated Front Seats, LED Tailgate Bar, 11" Double Row LED Bar Behind Grill
    Damn. You have one kick ass audio system!

6. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:24 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    i rode it for a few weeks like that untill i got some more cash then i got the windows tinted. 20 up front and 5 on the back

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then i decided to clean it up some and debadge it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

while i was debadging it i went ahead and blacked out the tails and 3rd brake light

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:27 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    after i finished that i spent a lot of time deading the roof because the bass made the roof flex about a few inches and didnt sound the best. i got some peel-n-seel from lowes and great stuff to fill in all the cracks. overall i used 3 rolls of peel-n-seel and 4 cans of great stuff on the roof alone. once i finished there is no rattles at all and the roof hardly flexes at all now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:28 AM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    Hole shit batman over kill on the subs but cool! Whats next Rims, Lift, Lower?

9. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:30 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    and the last thing i have done as of now is the headliner. i got some vinly and fabric paint and sprayed the headliner black. the original plan was to cover it in suede but the fabric i had was not plyable enough to stretch around the curves of the headliner. but overall i am happy with how it turned out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:31 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    thanks man, i have some big plans for this... just need the cash haha

11. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:32 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    thanks bro! its not enough for me though! haha

12. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:34 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    haha, if only i were normal i would agree hah. but as far as audio i plan on upgrading to more power and better subs, who knows what is in the future... possibly 12 12s?? i know i will probably get flamed for this on here but i dont care honestly. i plan on putting 22s on it and a 3-4 drop kit from djm, but just like everything else i need the cash to be able to do that

13. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:36 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    oh and btw i just figured out how to multi quote so i will be doing that from now on!

14. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:40 AM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    Right on good luck with the build!

15. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:42 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    thanks i appreciate it!

16. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:45 AM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
  17. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:47 AM
    YeahYeah

YeahYeah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    (My Home - Murrieta, CA) Now, Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Pre-Runner
    mud flaps gone, second air-filter gone, DTRL, fog light whenever and work with hi-beams, cut exhaust (was wicked flow), flat black stock rims, ABS switch, cup holder led's (with switch), turning signal mod #45, Bilstien 5100's, grill mesh
    hey how did you black out your taillights? got the rims blacked on mine and now just lookin to do a little tint to the rear lights. what stuff did you use?

18. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:55 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    i used rustolem paint that i got at autozone. the first coat was just about as dark as it is now. i ended up using 2 coats. in the past i have used vht niteshades that i picked up from oreilys and that takes about 8 coats to get this dark. so if your looking for a lighter tint go with vht

19. Jul 9, 2010 at 1:00 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    and just incase anyone is wondering i am a minitrucker and here are a few trucks i have owned in the past...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Jul 9, 2010 at 1:30 AM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    Dude those are some cool rides man. Not my style for sure (being an old mountain man) but kudos and respect to anybody with those kinds of skills. You're an artist.

Products Discussed in

To Top