Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

07 taco making it mine

Old 07-09-2010, 12:08 AM   #1
blisters
dubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dubbedSinner's Tacoma Gallery
07 taco making it mine

here is my 2007 tacoma that i bought from my grandparents bone stock.

its the 2.7L 4 banger base model with auto trans and its a 5 lugger 2wd... which is awesome because of the plans i have for this truck.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:16 AM   #3
blisters
dubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

so the first thing i did before the title was even transfered to my name was put a system in it.

i put in a panasonic double din model number cq-vw100u that i had in my old car

then i built a box to put in the back to hold 4 hifonics 12" subs and a 1200 watt hitron amp. i built the box to be around 9.5^ft3 after displacement and it is tuned to around 35 hz. the setup pounds pretty hard for the amp that is rated 1200 watts rms but probably puts out less than 1000 rms at 1 ohm

and i did glass the inside corners to seal it off and add strength

Old 07-09-2010, 12:20 AM   #4
blisters

after the system i threw some led lights in it from superbrightleds.com to add a more luxiourous feel

and also some leds for the license plate

next up was to paint the grill shell and bumper to match the paint and instal a 4 piece billet grill

Old 07-09-2010, 12:24 AM   #6
blisters

i rode it for a few weeks like that untill i got some more cash then i got the windows tinted. 20 up front and 5 on the back

then i decided to clean it up some and debadge it

while i was debadging it i went ahead and blacked out the tails and 3rd brake light

Old 07-09-2010, 12:27 AM   #7
blisters

after i finished that i spent a lot of time deading the roof because the bass made the roof flex about a few inches and didnt sound the best. i got some peel-n-seel from lowes and great stuff to fill in all the cracks. overall i used 3 rolls of peel-n-seel and 4 cans of great stuff on the roof alone. once i finished there is no rattles at all and the roof hardly flexes at all now

Old 07-09-2010, 12:28 AM   #8
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Hole shit batman over kill on the subs but cool! Whats next Rims, Lift, Lower?
Old 07-09-2010, 12:30 AM   #9
blisters

and the last thing i have done as of now is the headliner. i got some vinly and fabric paint and sprayed the headliner black. the original plan was to cover it in suede but the fabric i had was not plyable enough to stretch around the curves of the headliner. but overall i am happy with how it turned out

Old 07-09-2010, 12:31 AM   #10
blisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
good luck and enjoy it man. a bone stock truck has lots of potential. you can make it pretty much whatever you want it to be.
thanks man, i have some big plans for this... just need the cash haha
Old 07-09-2010, 12:32 AM   #11
blisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTman357 View Post
Damn. You have one kick ass audio system!
thanks bro! its not enough for me though! haha
Old 07-09-2010, 12:34 AM   #12
blisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
Hole shit batman over kill on the subs but cool! Whats next Rims, Lift, Lower?
haha, if only i were normal i would agree hah. but as far as audio i plan on upgrading to more power and better subs, who knows what is in the future... possibly 12 12s?? i know i will probably get flamed for this on here but i dont care honestly. i plan on putting 22s on it and a 3-4 drop kit from djm, but just like everything else i need the cash to be able to do that
Old 07-09-2010, 12:36 AM   #13
blisters

oh and btw i just figured out how to multi quote so i will be doing that from now on!
Old 07-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #14
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbedSinner View Post
oh and btw i just figured out how to multi quote so i will be doing that from now on!
Right on good luck with the build!
Old 07-09-2010, 12:42 AM   #15
blisters

thanks i appreciate it!
Old 07-09-2010, 12:47 AM   #17
YeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Honor Guard-Now out of Honor Guard getting ready for MK "A" School
Name: Thomas
YeahYeah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbedSinner View Post
i rode it for a few weeks like that untill i got some more cash then i got the windows tinted. 20 up front and 5 on the back

then i decided to clean it up some and debadge it

while i was debadging it i went ahead and blacked out the tails and 3rd brake light

hey how did you black out your taillights? got the rims blacked on mine and now just lookin to do a little tint to the rear lights. what stuff did you use?
Old 07-09-2010, 12:55 AM   #18
blisters

i used rustolem paint that i got at autozone. the first coat was just about as dark as it is now. i ended up using 2 coats. in the past i have used vht niteshades that i picked up from oreilys and that takes about 8 coats to get this dark. so if your looking for a lighter tint go with vht
Old 07-09-2010, 01:00 AM   #19
blisters

and just incase anyone is wondering i am a minitrucker and here are a few trucks i have owned in the past...

Old 07-09-2010, 01:30 AM   #20
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Dude those are some cool rides man. Not my style for sure (being an old mountain man) but kudos and respect to anybody with those kinds of skills. You're an artist.