1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Red Rocket an expedition build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by 06redtacoma, Jul 22, 2010.

1. May 5, 2011 at 6:29 PM
    06redtacoma

06redtacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd Offroad
    Lifted, Slider, stock rack, rear mounted winch in stock bumper, brush guard, Sound system, ipod to car, tint, wheel spacers, 285 bfg AT,
    i did a little upgrade, under the top edge and the middle, 1 inch angle iron. i dont know how much this had stiffened the tailgate but i will let you know tomorrow dont want to test it because the stuff foam is still drying, it was dark by the time i got done with this so i did not get a picture of it.
    [​IMG]

2. May 6, 2011 at 8:27 AM
    Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    Wow, cool idea. Did you use the door and window foam since it doesn't expand as much to reduce risk of deformation?

3. May 7, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    06redtacoma

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd Offroad
    Lifted, Slider, stock rack, rear mounted winch in stock bumper, brush guard, Sound system, ipod to car, tint, wheel spacers, 285 bfg AT,
    actually yes i did, but it just happened to be what i had on hand. i made a real mess of it to, i still have it on my skin.

4. Oct 4, 2011 at 9:31 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Rad red ftw!

5. Oct 10, 2011 at 6:16 PM
    06redtacoma

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd Offroad
    Thanks, and a little update, I do commercial and industrial Hvac work for a living, and i do a little residential on the side, so i need more storage i ordered a deep standard profile tool box for the bed, we will see if this leaves any bed space, i have 2 trailers so i am not overly worried about bed space. they have ordered the wrong box once and now the correct box is on backorder. ill keep everyone posted.

Products Discussed in

To Top