LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

MrGrimm's Mall Crawler

Old 05-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #341
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
When you get to mounting your new CB. Can you please take a few photos of your old dash set up from the rear. I am in the process of installing my Cobra 19 in the place where you had yours.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #342
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I upgraded my radio to a Pioneer AVH-8400BH and with it being a double DIN, it gave me the excuse to go ahead and get a Cobra 75WXST CB radio. I also moved around a few items and cleaned everything up a bit.

First photo is my old setup.

This is the new setup. I wanted everything within plain view for the driver.

The 75WXST was mounted next to the Garmin GPS. I used a piece of flat metal from the hardware store and mounted the mic holder up.

The Yaesu was also moved up on top of the steering column. I used two l-brackets that costed $.60 from Lowes and painted them black. For the mic, I put velcro on the back and mounted a velcro strip below the AC controls.

Here you can see the velcro strip and the super nice 8400BH. THe velcro strip also covers up some holes that were drilled into the plastic. Overall, I am loving the new setup.

Front of plate with the mic holder for the 75WXST. The mic holder I got off of ebay. The mic won't fall out when you are out on the trails with this holder.

And here is the back.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #343
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
When you get to mounting your new CB. Can you please take a few photos of your old dash set up from the rear. I am in the process of installing my Cobra 19 in the place where you had yours.
Here are pics of how I had to cut up my single DIN to make it fit.

If you look closely on the right hand side there is a hole. That hole had a screw that screwed into the Cobra 19. That is how it stayed in place.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #346
s10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: nick
s10nick's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to s10nick
subed for the sas did you trim and plastic weld your flares your self?
Old 05-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #347
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
truck looks good man!!!!! looking forward to the sas
As am I

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
CB seems out of place for right handed operation.
Thats what I thought at first but with it being right there, I can control and take control of the mic fairly easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10nick View Post
subed for the sas did you trim and plastic weld your flares your self?
I did trim both. I have a set of normal fenders/flares on now. I will be trimming the next set again but I will be trimming the flares as well. Similar to what a few of the other members have done here.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #348
s10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

s10nick's Tacoma Gallery
how much did you take out? of them roughly
Old 05-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #349
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by s10nick View Post
how much did you take out? of them roughly
If my memory serves me right, it was 2 1/2 inches.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #350

s10nick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
If my memory serves me right, it was 2 1/2 inches.
how much did you take out of fender it looks like a lot more than 2 and half inches
Old 05-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #351
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here are pics of how I had to cut up my single DIN to make it fit.

If you look closely on the right hand side there is a hole. That hole had a screw that screwed into the Cobra 19. That is how it stayed in place.

Perfect. Thanks for taking taking that
Old 05-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #353
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Dude. I'm jelly. Your interior set-up is insane.

Quote:

P.S. What's going on with your front tire here?
Old 05-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #355
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This is the new setup. I wanted everything within plain view for the driver.

Guess you're not claustrophobic
Old 05-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #357
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
P.S. What's going on with your front tire here?
huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namyo View Post
Guess you're not claustrophobic
Haha, I am used to it from riding in MRAP's and HMMWV's. This pic was from my MATV in 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
Where did you get your snorkel from?
Link to snorkel
Old 05-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #358
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
huh?

It looks like it's somehow over your fender and cutting into your bumper.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #359
GREENMACHINE is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
Name: Calvin
GREENMACHINE's Tacoma Gallery
Sick truck. What brand is your inverter? Where did you get the extra outlets, led lights, and switch? Did you just take all those off the inverter itself and extend everything to its own location?
Also Where did you get your light switches from? They look really good and clean!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #360
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Finally took that pic you wanted. Thanks for the idea, it's been working great.

Products Discussed in this Thread