Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

MrGrimm's Mall Crawler

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #941
Sticker Making Dude
CBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: C
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
I dont have the exact measurements.

I just unscrewed the underside of the lid and brought it with me to the hardware store.
Understood. I was just wondering if it was at least a 1/4" thick or so. Ill take it apart and see.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #942
stephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
stephen11ty7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
-All-Pro is too thin. If I hit something like a deer, I could see this bumper crumpling.
-Tyler's bumper has more clearance in the wheel well. I currently rub on the inside of my All-Pro bumper.
-Tyler's bumpers have an extra brace
What bumper are you going with? Should have joined the bandwagon with Bugslee and I, with the Demello! You and I would have still had the better LT kit though.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #943
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I am going with the Pelfreybuilt plate bumper. I have been waiting a while ever since Tyler said he was going to make an 05-11 version of his 2012 bumper.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #944
hammerdownson
Reeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Reeeno403's Tacoma Gallery
I dont recall ever seeing this bumper but it looks pretty solid. Almost a hybrid of my CBI and the Demello.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #945
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
beautiful truck
Old 04-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #947
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
How would you say your rear suspension keeps up with the front? When I go with this kit up front I wont be doing any ridiculous desert racing or anything, and was just wondering how your rear setup does on most terrain, if you would make any tweaks if you were to do it again?
Old 04-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #948
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
How would you say your rear suspension keeps up with the front? When I go with this kit up front I wont be doing any ridiculous desert racing or anything, and was just wondering how your rear setup does on most terrain, if you would make any tweaks if you were to do it again?
Well I originally had some OME Dakar leafs and now I have All-Pro expo springs. Performance is about the same on those. What I would look into is going with hydraulic bumps instead of rubber bumps like the Timbrens, which is what I currently have.

The next step in the suspension is going with 14" 700 pound coils, hydraulic bumps front and rear, bypasses up front and possibly armortechs shackle flip when they release a set for the all-pro leafs.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #949
grrillA has a spectacular aura aboutgrrillA has a spectacular aura aboutgrrillA has a spectacular aura about

grrillA's Tacoma Gallery
very nice build!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #950
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Well I originally had some OME Dakar leafs and now I have All-Pro expo springs. Performance is about the same on those. What I would look into is going with hydraulic bumps instead of rubber bumps like the Timbrens, which is what I currently have.

The next step in the suspension is going with 14" 700 pound coils, hydraulic bumps front and rear, bypasses up front and possibly armortechs shackle flip when they release a set for the all-pro leafs.
Cool, thanks for the info man. Will be looking out for the updates. Where would you order the hydraulic bumps?
Old 04-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #951
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Cool, thanks for the info man. Will be looking out for the updates. Where would you order the hydraulic bumps?
I would go with Icon. They do not have bumps for the front yet and their rear bumps just came onto the market.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #952
McBuckets
Quote:
I would go with Icon. They do not have bumps for the front yet and their rear bumps just came onto the market.
Sweet.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #953
stephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

14" coils?? You have a 16" on their right now. Why would you go down in size. Also You are unable to bump off the lower arm while running a bypass, its one or the other with our TC kit. I'm in the same boat, thinking I'll run the bypass and basically use that as my bump.

Also, I just threw on some 18" 650lb springs, they ride great, very little preload.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #954
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

http://www.armortechoffroad.com/2005...kit_p_346.html
Old 04-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #955
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen11ty7 View Post
14" coils?? You have a 16" on their right now. Why would you go down in size. Also You are unable to bump off the lower arm while running a bypass, its one or the other with our TC kit. I'm in the same boat, thinking I'll run the bypass and basically use that as my bump.

Also, I just threw on some 18" 650lb springs, they ride great, very little preload.
How much extra weight do you have up front? How much preload do you have? I got the wrong info on what length coils I have but I will be adding another 100 pounds to the front once I get a winch on there. I already have 2 inches of preload and that is with a light bumper and no winch.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #956
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
You should look into doing some custom shocks hoops in the rear like i was running with the expos, your shock location will always be the limiting factor on our rears
Old 04-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #957
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
You should look into doing some custom shocks hoops in the rear like i was running with the expos, your shock location will always be the limiting factor on our rears
Got a link or pictures to that setup?
Old 04-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #958
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My build lol i'll post some pics though

Now SUA Set up... King is building me new shocks right now

If your looking for something to keep up with the front you have to gain more uptravel, only way to do that is move the shock higher, you'll notice much less bucking and being able to soak up the bigger bumps off road
Old 04-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #959

Quote:
Quote:
How much extra weight do you have up front? How much preload do you have? I got the wrong info on what length coils I have but I will be adding another 100 pounds to the front once I get a winch on there. I already have 2 inches of preload and that is with a light bumper and no winch.
I have a demello bumper up front, and the same TC kit as you are running. I have maybe a 1/2" preload with the springs. I was running the same amount of preload as you and I had a stock bumper on my truck!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #960
rawfltrevor is on a distinguished road
Name: Trevor
rawfltrevor's Tacoma Gallery
awesome truck man. did you have wheeler type a or b steelies? I'm trying to throw bf goodrich all terrain 285/75/R16 without doing a cab mount chop or rub on the UCA and I'm not sure if I should go 4" backspace on the wheels or 4.5.

Products Discussed in this Thread