Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

MrGrimm's Mall Crawler

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #981
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Gotcha. When you making the move to the Demello front? Any other plans for the near future?

Matt
I have a Pelfrey front bumper on order. Should be here in the next month or so.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #982
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #983
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
I have a Pelfrey front bumper on order. Should be here in the next month or so.
Ah, I thought I had read you were thinking about the Demello a while ago, but Pelfreybilt is an excellent choice. I kinda wish Tyler had been making the 05-11 ones when I got my Demello; he makes really good stuff.

Matt
Old 05-29-2013, 09:05 PM   #984
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
this thread is fawking awesome.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:37 AM   #985
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! I was planning on adding my rotopax up there as well. Need to order the mounts. That front runner looks real good.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #987
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
How do you like your rear bumper? I tried looking at their website but I couldn't find much about it.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #988
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
How do you like your rear bumper? I tried looking at their website but I couldn't find much about it.
Base is made by ATO but they arent making it currently. Swingout is by Demello and is custom
Old 05-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #990
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
I don't know if you've been asked this before, but is your truck your daily driver?
Sure is but I ride my mountain bike most of the week so realistically I drive my truck about 3 days a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Base is made by ATO but they arent making it currently. Swingout is by Demello and is custom
If I were to look at getting a bumper similar to what I have now I would look at pelfreybuilts rear HC bumper. Demello is a good choice as well but they need your vehicle in their shop to fab it up.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #991
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
So there is a fair amount of vibration and noise when using the Frontrunner Hi-Lift mount. You only get one bolt for the hi-lift base plate.

So what I did was buy 2 stainless steel bolts that are a little thinner. I then got some reinforced tubing that fit snugly over those bolts.

I cut the tubing to size and enlarged the holes in the hi-lift baseplate and then bolted everything together. My fingers are pointing at the two holes that I had to enlarge.

Tubing cut to size and placed over the bolts.

And BAMM, no more noise.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #992
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
is the tubing there to keep the threads clean?
Old 05-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #993
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geem750 View Post
is the tubing there to keep the threads clean?
No, the baseplate shakes up and down on the bolts. The tubing minimizes the vibration. It is unbearably loud in the cabin without that there.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #995
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cytocycle View Post
how did you secure the other Pelican cases to the rack? I just installed a Front Runner rack on my Taco for a RTT, but when it's not on I want to be able to have wheeling stuff like that.
Some quick release straps tied down to the stainless tie down bolts. I can snap some pictures for you tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:11 PM   #996
bunxbun is on a distinguished road
Marines: Reserves 2821 TechCon
Name: Bunnath
bunxbun's Tacoma Gallery
I think I've seen your truck before.. are you/were you a combat instructor at SOI?
Old 05-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #997
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunxbun View Post
I think I've seen your truck before.. are you/were you a combat instructor at SOI?
I am still at SOI for another year. I use to be an MCT instructor but now I teach at Combat Instructor School.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:39 AM   #998
55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed55chevy05taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tallon
55chevy05taco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey there Grimm... first off, awsome build!! Got a.question tho, I like how ur fender wells look w the trimmed back flares but what did u do w the splash gaurds and flares them selves? Did u jus leave them open to the the tires?
Old 06-04-2013, 04:52 AM   #999
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Mrgrimm great build sir! I'm also wondering how you cut your flares... Was it a Cain measurement or did you just get as close as possible along the wheel wall?

Thanks for your service sir
Old 06-04-2013, 05:19 AM   #1000
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
What is the model number of the front icons?

Products Discussed in this Thread