Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

MrGrimm's Mall Crawler

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #1101
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
I think if you are deciding to go with dual batteries that solar panels are personally a waste, I may be wrong here. But man I ran my fridge, aux lights, air compressor all off my secondary battery for hours upon hours without being charged then when I start up the truck the secondary battery charges up.

The only time I would see you needing solar panels is if you were going out for an extended period of time without starting the truck at all, which would seem a very rare occasion.

I can see that. I just couldn't think of much else that he doesn't have on that truck.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #1102
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Oh there is plenty still left to do. I'm only about 1/2 way done with this build.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #1103
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Oh there is plenty still left to do. I'm only about 1/2 way done with this build.

Diesel....

Old 07-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #1104
The forgetful dumbass
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet truck man! You've got enough electronics to make my head spin...
Old 07-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #1105
jameswick is on a distinguished road
jameswick's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of modifications did you have to do to the fenders to fit the 35s with the Total Chaos LT kit?
Old 07-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #1106
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswick View Post
What kind of modifications did you have to do to the fenders to fit the 35s with the Total Chaos LT kit?
bash in the fender liners and trim the fenders/flares 2 inches IIRC
Old 07-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #1107
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Not too much bashing involved but this is what I did:

-smash the pinch weld
-cut back the cab mount as far back as possible
-trim fenders and flares 4"

I still rub the very tip of the fender well at the top when the tire is fully compressed but just barely.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #1108
jpop8807 is on a distinguished road
Army: Bradley Crew, 1st Cav
Name: Josh
jpop8807's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I didn't read thru the 51 pages lol. So i'm not sure if anyone has asked this already. How do you like the pbuilt bumper vs the all pro and what made you switch? I'm looking to get my first bumper and cant decide. I notice the pbuilt and Demelo don't look as bulky as alot of the other bumpers.0
Old 07-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #1109
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpop8807 View Post
Sorry I didn't read thru the 51 pages lol. So i'm not sure if anyone has asked this already. How do you like the pbuilt bumper vs the all pro and what made you switch? I'm looking to get my first bumper and cant decide. I notice the pbuilt and Demelo don't look as bulky as alot of the other bumpers.0
The reasons why I switched to Pelfreybuilt and not the All-Pro Apex

-I have got two All-Pro products before that had their powdercoating on it. The powdercoat was flaking on the bumper and skid plate within a few months of installing them.

-I needed more clearance for the 35" tires which the original All-Pro bump wasn't designed for. I could have just chopped the bumper but now I am stuck with a weak multi-piece bumper.

-I needed a one piece bumper that I could order to my specifications. I am not a fan of the All-Pro Apex styling. If I am going to spend that much money on something, I want it my way.

-The approach angle on the Pelfreybuilt is another thing that interested me.

-Pelfreybuilts extra reinforcement through the frame is also a huge plus.

Tyler is a stand up guy and produces some great products. There are alot of great bumpers out there. It just depends on what you intend to use your truck for and what features you want.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #1110
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tyler is a stand up guy and produces some great products. There are alot of great bumpers out there. It just depends on what you intend to use your truck for and what features you want.
^ Truth!!

and by the way, bad-ass rig man!!
Old 07-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #1111
jpop8807 is on a distinguished road
Army: Bradley Crew, 1st Cav
Name: Josh
jpop8807's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The reasons why I switched to Pelfreybuilt and not the All-Pro Apex

-I have got two All-Pro products before that had their powdercoating on it. The powdercoat was flaking on the bumper and skid plate within a few months of installing them.

-I needed more clearance for the 35" tires which the original All-Pro bump wasn't designed for. I could have just chopped the bumper but now I am stuck with a weak multi-piece bumper.

-I needed a one piece bumper that I could order to my specifications. I am not a fan of the All-Pro Apex styling. If I am going to spend that much money on something, I want it my way.

-The approach angle on the Pelfreybuilt is another thing that interested me.

-Pelfreybuilts extra reinforcement through the frame is also a huge plus.

Thanks will look into it. His stuff looks amazing. Appreciate all the advice.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #1112
Do you even wheel Bro?
Reeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Reeeno403's Tacoma Gallery
The pelfrey looks very very similar to the CBI.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #1113
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Which CBI?
Old 07-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #1114
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeeno403 View Post
The pelfrey looks very very similar to the CBI.
Um not quite Reeeno..
Old 07-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #1115
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
pretty far off actually
Old 07-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #1116
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Pelfreybilt

CBI (your truck)
Old 07-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #1117
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Pelfreybilt

CBI (your truck)
+1
Old 07-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #1118
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta say, that CBI looks really nice too.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #1119
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty sure I asked you about your tires down in Chula Vista but I forgot what you said . How do you like them wear and performance. What do you think of them on my regular cab . Of coarse I'd be running my size
Old 07-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #1120
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
I'm pretty sure I asked you about your tires down in Chula Vista but I forgot what you said . How do you like them wear and performance. What do you think of them on my regular cab . Of coarse I'd be running my size
The MTR's wear more than the KM2's that I had but their performance offroad is much better than the KM2's. You gonna run the 285's?

Products Discussed in this Thread