Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

08WhiteTRD Build

Old 07-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
08WhiteTRD Build

Finally decided to start a build thread. Did a couple more things to the truck but now I have the bug and I might go mod crazy ...

2008 Super White TRD Sport DCLB

Mods Interior:
Weather Tech Digital-Fit Floor Mats.
Scangauge II
Center Console Lock
LED Dome Light

Mods Exterior:
BFG AT KO 265/75/17
AllPro UCAs
Fox 2.5 CO RR
Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks
TSB Leaf Springs
AllPro Front Skid
Sockmonkey TRD Sport Decal
Sockmonkey TOYOTA Tailgate Decal
BHLM
Blacked out Emlems
Satoshi Grill
Blacked out Rims
Truxedo Tonneau Cover

Stock from the day I got her.

Sockmonkey All Black Decals

Painted all the emblems black

All Pro front skid plate

BFG AT KO 265/75/17

Satoshi and BHLM

Painted Rims black

Mods for the near furture
-Get my All Pro sliders welded on
Old 07-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I love white tacomas
Old 07-29-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
I love white tacomas
I know me too
Old 07-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #5
06lttaco has a spectacular aura about06lttaco has a spectacular aura about

06lttaco's Tacoma Gallery
nice changes!! just ditch the mud flaps!! nice start to a cool truck
Old 07-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #8
bronkin is on a distinguished road

Army: 3rd Battalion, 34th Armor
bronkin's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!
Old 08-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #9
Air Force:
Added the center console lock. It was very easy to install and it works great!

Old 08-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #10
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lock setup on the center console. Is there a DIY on it?
Old 08-12-2010, 01:05 PM   #11
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Nice lock setup on the center console. Is there a DIY on it?
I think there is one on someones build page. I can't think of who's it is right now though.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #12
Air Force:
I just looked it up and there is a DIY on ilovetacos build page.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...heap-mods.html
Old 08-12-2010, 03:39 PM   #13
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Take them muddie flaps off!!

Truck looks great!
Old 08-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #14
Lovin Tacos
tacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bryant
tacomacrazy's Tacoma Gallery
To OP..

How did you Black out your rims???
I want to black out my rims but I dont want to ruin it so lil advice??
Old 08-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #15
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomacrazy View Post
To OP..

How did you Black out your rims???
I want to black out my rims but I dont want to ruin it so lil advice??
Well I started by taking the rims off the truck. Than I washed them and sanded them down with 600 grit and 2000 grit wet sand paper. Than I put on a good base primer and than put like 3 coats of Krylon Fusion gloss black. There is a DIY on here. I just followed that.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:37 PM   #16
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
how did you paint the emblems I have a white tacoma and those black emblems look great on yours
Old 08-20-2010, 08:41 PM   #17
tony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nice

Name: Tony
tony92629's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTRD View Post
Finally decided to start a build thread. Did a couple more things to the truck but now I have the bug and I might go mod crazy ...

Stock from the day I got her.

Sockmonkey All Black Decals

Painted all the emblems black

All Pro front skid plate

BFG AT KO 265/75/17

Satoshi and BHLM

Painted Rims black

Mods for the near furture
-Suspension Upgrade (Don't know what yet but it's coming)
-Center Console lock
-Fix BHLM (The seal on them is very bad so I have a lot of fogging. Doing this one soon to fix the problem and reseal them.)
-Get my All Pro sliders welded on
Do the front tires rub???
Old 08-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #18
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck man thats how i plan on having mine look wiht in the next couple months
Old 08-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #19
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony92629 View Post
Do the front tires rub???

I have never noticed any rubbing with the front tires. I have had them on for over 7000 miles.

Added a bike holder to the front rail. I got the mount at REI for 25 bucks and then all the hardware at Lowes for like 2 bucks. So all together about $27-28.

All together it was fairly easy to install. I have not put the bike in it yet but I love how small and out of the way it is..
Old 09-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #20
Air Force:
Some Labor Day weekend mods. Added the Sockmonkey tailgate TOYOTA.

Added the Toyota decal to the Satoshi.