LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Buitrago's Build - '08 Taco

Old 08-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
Jetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Division
Name: Carlos
Jetta1cab's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Buitrago's Build - '08 Taco

2008 Double Cab TRD Sport PreRunner 2WD

The day I bought her 04/18/2008...

In the driveway at home

Added some billet grill inserts on the front but didn't include the scoop insert, I didn't like how that part looked. Taco remained stock for the most part for better part of two years...

July 2010: Pro Comp 1079 wheels (17x9) and wrapped them in Hankook Dynapro ATM tires (265-70-17). Service done by Discount Tire. Rear TSB performed by dealership under warranty.

Purchased OME885x coils and combined them with Bilstein 5100's set at 0 for the front (Thanks Sonny @ Downsouth Motorsports). Installed with help from my friend at his home. I've got the LR UCA'S that I plan to install next week.

Install images:

Post install (I like how it turned out):

That's my work cruiser and neighbor's Tacoma in the background of this image.

Took her out for a drive the next morning, this desert area is about 3 minutes from my house and has a patch of sand dunes terrain. I got stuck for a bit, aired down the tires, and kept on rolling.

Many more future mods to come as $$$ is saved up. Thanks to all you guys/gals for the inspiration and countless ideas on how to spend my cash!
Old 08-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
Jetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

*** Reserved for future mods ***
Old 08-01-2010, 06:32 PM   #5
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
That thing look horrible...you need a 6in drop bracket lift 35" and some skinny chick sitting on the bed...lol JK man

It's look'n great! How are you liking the ride of the 885 with the 5100? What are you thoughts on the future of the truck? I'm digg'n the wheels! When are you going to hit up some trails with us?
Old 08-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
That thing look horrible...you need a 6in drop bracket lift 35" and some skinny chick sitting on the bed...lol JK man

It's look'n great! How are you liking the ride of the 885 with the 5100? What are you thoughts on the future of the truck? I'm digg'n the wheels! When are you going to hit up some trails with us?
LoL! Thanks for the humor and compliments. I really like the moderate lift and the handling feels more responsive and firm. I already appreciate the better clearance from the 5100s/885s and rear TSB. I haven't done the allignment since I still have to install the LR UCA's, that will be done very soon. I'm looking at what rear suspension to go with... either Bilstein, OME, or other to replace the factory parts. I'm getting in on the WeatherTech group buy coming up. Waiting for the next group buy on Wet Okoles. I'm thinking of getting rid of billet inserts and going with Satoshi mod. T-Rex eyelids. The list could go on and on. Ultimately I plan to go with a long-travel kit once it's no longer my daily driver.

I'd like to come up to the valley for one of the AZ meets just hard to do that with my work schedule and pregnant wife (7 months).
Old 08-01-2010, 06:51 PM   #7
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
LOL all in good fun my man all in good fun.

Check into the wheelers single AAL, I love mine and wouldn't ever go back oh and I have the TSB too so it's kind of a 5 leaf pack lol.

I'll be getting some Fox resi's for the back soon so I can take advantage of the extra travel. Take a look at my build and you will see the wheelers AAL.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #10
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sick! (except that damn ASU sticker and sparky on the rear window)
Old 08-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post
Looks sick! (except that damn ASU sticker and sparky on the rear window)
Haha! That's what the wife says too... she's a UofA alum. I'm the ASU alum, it's a perfect match!
Old 08-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #12
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
how did you get out after you were already stuck?
Old 08-01-2010, 11:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
how did you get out after you were already stuck?
I had to dig out sand around the rear tires and fortunately it was compact & dry a few inches below where I was. Aired tires down low and luck, I was able to reverse and catch some compact dirt just behind where I parked. (I had to get out to take a leak!) Didn't realize I had stopped on the soft stuff.

That was my mistake where I stopped originally. It's a blend of compact dirt and sugar sand. I was doing fine as long as I kept moving forward. Thankfully we had some monsoon weather and it was 7 AM so the temperature was tolerable. My buddy was on his way out to help but I got out luckily before he made it.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:17 AM   #14
randyg123 is on a distinguished road
Name: Randy
randyg123's Tacoma Gallery
Getting out of sand

I've got a great story about getting out of sand. After moving to OK from AZ, I was working for an environmental company and we spent a lot of time off road. Here, the issues are mostly mud. Coming from Phoenix I knew little about off-roading in mud so I had to learn. But I did talk about one of our biggest issue off-roading that was different was playing in sand.

So I explained to them how the approach to driving in sand was very different. And then we got into what to do if you got stuck. As mentioned, A little digging and lowering the tire pressure just right, were key elements, as is knowing when and where to stop. But I did add one item. I told them, that if all else fails, use your jeans to make a traction ramp out of the sand so you won't just dig in. That will get you an extra few inches of momentum and out of the sand.

A few months after that, the crew came back from a gig down in south TX. Several had never been to the ocean so one weekend they went down to the beach in the company's big Ford diesel 4x4. And, of course they got stuck. They ended up having to get pulled out by some other trucks. They were pissed off at me because several of them had ruined their jeans trying get out I was rolling on the floor when I heard that.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #15
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Build Carlos.
Did you get stuck near the fortuna road dunes? I sometimes take a ride by the 3E dunes. The lift looks great. Im getting my 5100's installed tomorrow morning, hope i get a stance like yours.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumatrd View Post
Nice Build Carlos.
Did you get stuck near the fortuna road dunes? I sometimes take a ride by the 3E dunes. The lift looks great. Im getting my 5100's installed tomorrow morning, hope i get a stance like yours.

Thanks David. It's actually off of Ave 9E near 24th Street. Take the dirt road on the north side of the railroad tracks, go east about 1 mile past Martha's Garden. My friend calls the area "Bill's Hill". Pretty good patch of dunes out there. If you keep heading east you'll get to Fortuna Rd. You doing a self-install? A friend helped put my front setup on. I love how the 5100s with 885s worked out. I'll wait to see how things settle on the lift. I'm looking into Masada's advice on adding a single AAL from wheelers to the rear. I plan to stay with the stock Bilsteins on the rear until I can save up for some Fox or Icons... who knows. I like how the stance turned out. I might have to get the 1/4" spacer for the driver side, although, I can't really notice the driver side lean. I'm waiting for the UCA long bolts to arrive at the dealership. It seems much easier to just cut off the installed bolts to remove the stock UCA's and then install the LR UCA's this weekend I hope.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #17
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I just saw your truck at the corner of 16th and pacific.
I was the tacoma with HIDs.
the pictures dont do its justice, the lift looks great
Old 08-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumatrd View Post
I just saw your truck at the corner of 16th and pacific.
I was the tacoma with HIDs.
the pictures dont do its justice, the lift looks great
Really? I saw a group of tacomas driving near that intersection. I remember seeing the silver with HID's! Nice, I was on my way to Game Stop to pickup Star Craft. The posted pics were taken with my cellphone.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:05 AM   #19

Finally installed Fox rear shocks that I purchased from DBoyTRD08.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:18 AM   #20
Chewie is my Co-pilot

YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Cool
Are you still going to the Meet this weekend?

Products Discussed in this Thread