Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Uncharted's Rad Red Taco

Old 08-02-2010, 12:06 AM   #1
Uncharted is on a distinguished road

Uncharted's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Uncharted's Rad Red Taco

I found an old picture of my truck the other day and realized how much it has changed in the year that I've owned it. I totaled my G35 coupe and figured I wanted to be in something big instead of a little coupe. I was a little weary about buying it because it looked pretty bad stock .
Specs:

Truck
08 Base Double Cab
4x4

Front Suspension
Icon Vehicle Dynamics Extended Travel Coilovers
Total Chaos UCA's
Cab Mount Chop (Still need to do a little more chopping)
Toytec Diff Drop

Rear Suspension
Toytec TSB AAL
Bilstein 5100's

Preformance and Drivetrain
Exhaust dumped over the axel
Scangauge 2
Diff Breather Mod

Wheels and Tires
KMC XD Revolvers 17"
285/70/17 Hankook Dyna Pro MT's

Armor
All Pro Plate Style Front Bumper With Light Hoop
All Pro IFS Skid
All Pro Transmission Skid
Avid Off Road Sliders

Interior : Audio and Communications
WeatherTech Floor Liners
JVC Head Unit
Midland 1001Z 2-Way CB Radio

Lighting
Light Force Blitz 240s Clear and Yellow Filters
BHLM
Tinted rear and 3rd brake light.

Extras
Grillcraft MX
Debadged
Color Matched Base Grill
Full Size Spare

Upcoming Plans
Redo Rear Suspension (New Shocks and Leafs)
ARB Locker and Compressor
Winch
Rear Bumper
Transfer Case Skid

**Majority of the pics are from my cell phone because I'm too lazy to carry a digital camera around with me. I'm planning on updating the pictures when I get some better ones**

May 2009: The day I took it for a test drive.

A week or two after I got it. I had it tinted and tackled the BHLM. It took me 2 times to get it right. (1st time I rushed it and the paint was chipping off the plastic, 2nd time I had a palm print on the lens )

It took me about 4 months to finally decide on a wheel/tire combo. I was trying to do this as cheap as possible. I picked up a pair of Icon Extended Travel Coilovers, rear 5100's and some Total Chaos UCA's from Wheeler's Off Road. I also picked a set of Hankook Dyna Pro MT's and 17" XD Revolvers.

October 2009: I picked up a Grill Craft Mesh Grill and had my base grill painted to match the rest of the truck.

I took a trip up to Sedona and hit up the Greasy Spoon Trail with my bro. As soon as we hit the trail it started pouring rain, the whole this was pretty slick but didn't give us too much trouble (Although my bro almost slide into a 4ft wide boulder)

Posing with my bro's X-terra. He picked it up only a couple days before we went out (still had temp tags on it).

Went back up to Sedona a week or two after the first trip and hit up a couple more trails. This time there was a ton of snow in the morning which melted pretty damn quick.

A couple minutes while after we started Broken Arrow it started to snow like crazy. We didn't take too many pics because we were too busy trying to figure out where the trail went. The snow started to stick to the red rocks and we had a little bit of trouble figuring out which way to go .

I was banking my money patiently waiting for an All Pro Front Bumper group buy to come up. It finally did in March 2010. I decided to jump in wallet first and picked up a front bumper and a full set of skids minus the transfer case because it was back ordered for a couple of months.

The AZ crew helped me put it on at one of the Mod Days.

July 2010: Finally picked up some lights for my truck. I decided to go big and picked up a pair of Lightforce 240 blitz's. These lights are just plain AWESOME!
Old 08-02-2010, 12:13 AM   #2
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 or Prerunner? looks awesome. how much were those lights? they are huge haha i like them alot
Old 08-02-2010, 12:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
4x4 or Prerunner? looks awesome. how much were those lights? they are huge haha i like them alot
4x4 probably need to throw that in the description somewhere I was able to snag the lights with a 10% off coupon so they were $225. I just picked up a set of yellow lenses for them but haven't gotten a chance to test them out yet.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:19 AM   #4
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man. I remember seeing you at Alex's house when we had the mod day. Awesome looking truck amigo!
Old 08-02-2010, 12:21 AM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great bud! That MOD Day was a blast!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 12:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Nice man. I remember seeing you at Alex's house when we had the mod day. Awesome looking truck amigo!
Thanks man, yeah I think that was one of the main mod days that I actually made it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Looks great bud! That MOD Day was a blast!!!
Thanks, that mod day was definitely a good time! Hopefully when it cools down we can get another set up. The heat is just insane, thank god for the monsoons.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:27 AM   #7
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
It's the only mod day I've been to.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:31 AM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncharted View Post
Thanks man, yeah I think that was one of the main mod days that I actually made it to.

Thanks, that mod day was definitely a good time! Hopefully when it cools down we can get another set up. The heat is just insane, thank god for the monsoons.
amen...
Old 08-02-2010, 12:46 AM   #9
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
awesome lookin truck, hope to see you around
Old 08-02-2010, 12:55 AM   #10
Jetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetta1cab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Division
Name: Carlos
Jetta1cab's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice! Great looking 'Yota. Sedona is an amazing piece of country! Great job.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:03 AM   #12
Danzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Danzer's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks sweet. I like the rims and tires you went with. For my next set of tires I'll be going with the Hankooks MT as well. Seems like a good tire for the price.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:47 AM   #13
tnj has a spectacular aura abouttnj has a spectacular aura abouttnj has a spectacular aura about

Army: 197th field artillety
Name: tom and jane
tnj's Tacoma Gallery
great job
Old 08-02-2010, 12:06 PM   #14
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
one of the coolest rad red trucks in AZ.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #15
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
This build needs more pictures!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPain View Post
awesome lookin truck, hope to see you around
Thanks, yeah I'm going to try and make it out more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetta1cab View Post
Very nice! Great looking 'Yota. Sedona is an amazing piece of country! Great job.
Thanks man, I saw your build thread and decided I needed to put mine together too. I love Sedona, I grew up there and kinda thinking about trying to move back up north.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
I'm diggin it man, I was there that day you got the bumper put on truck is looking good. We need to get a group of guys and go wheeling.
Thanks, Yeah that mod day had a good turn out. I'm definitely down to do some wheeling. Think I got all of my trail gear ready just need to install my CB and pick up some odds and ends.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:06 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzer View Post
Truck looks sweet. I like the rims and tires you went with. For my next set of tires I'll be going with the Hankooks MT as well. Seems like a good tire for the price.
Thanks, your RAD Taco is looking damn good too. Yeah I really like the tires been great off road and surprisingly quiet. You definitely can't argue with the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumatrd View Post
one of the coolest rad red trucks in AZ.
Thanks man, I just need to get some performance mods done like yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post
This build needs more pictures!!!
Haha yeah and some better quality ones!