Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The Golden Taco

Old 08-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
The Golden Taco

Specs:
  • 2006 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner
  • 4.0 V6
Engine:
  • K&N CAI
  • WickedFlow Muffler

Suspension:
-Front:
  • Bilstein 5100's on stock coils at 0"
  • Camburg 4" lift Spindles
  • Light Racing Upper Control Arms
  • Camburg Extended Brake Lines
-Rear:
  • All Pro 3" leaf springs
  • Icon Remote Reservoir shocks
  • U-Bolt Flip Kit

Interior Mods:
  • Scangauge 2
  • iPod hookup to stock stereo
  • Broken Center Console
Exterior Mods:
  • Black Headlight Mod
  • Satoshi on black grille
  • Painted behind the grille
  • Bedliner on rear bumper
  • '09 tail lights
  • Baja Bumper with 2 KC lights.
Wheels/Tires:
  • 285/70/17 BFG AT's
  • 17" LiquidMetal Gatlin Wheels
Stock:

This is the closest thing I have to a stock picture.

Front Lift:
I then put in my bilstein 5100's at 2.5" and ran the rear stock. I had that going for a while. I can't seem to find any pictures however.

I ran that for a few months then I scored the Camburg Spindles from the b/s/t here, and got those installed. I had money to do the rear suspension at the same time but then I ran into problems installing the spindles so the money was gone. So to keep you updated I had the 5100's at 2.5" + Spindles for 4" = to a total of 6.5" of lift up front.

Here you can see my tire just doesn't look right.

Here is the truck with the lean .

Baja Bumper:
Then at the last mod day PreRunnerSeth threw in Roseville I picked up my Gatlin wheels from a member here, and purchased Kevin (1337taco's) baja bumper and got it installed. I also picked up my Light Racing UCA's from JD (Stillyfly) when he got his FJ, and installed those too. I also lowered my bilstein 5100's from 2.5" to 0" so now I only had the 4" of lift up front.

Rear Lift:
After that I started a new job and was able to start bringing in the money. I bought AP's 3" rear leaf pack, U Bolt Flip Kit, and Stainless Steel brake lines. I also scored a pair of Icon Remote Resi shocks for the rear to go with the new leaf pack. I installed them at Kevin's (1337taco) house with the help of him, Jason (strom), and Kevin's dad. As we were putting things back together we realized I didn't have the top plates for the U-Bolts so we stretched the U-Bolts out to fit into the stock plate and bolted/torqued them down. We managed to get them on and I now have the entire Flip kit on safely.

This is the only pic I have of it now. I will get more once the new wheels/tires are on.

Random Pictures:
Before I installed the leaf pack I met up with Mark (solus694), and Steve (senor_taco) for the Central Coast photo shoot. I also picked up my tires from Mark.

From left to right: Steve (senor_taco), Me, Mark (solus694)

Wheeling Picutres:

Thanks for spending the time to read over my build, and I hope you enjoyed it. Any rep will be returned, and any information, questions, comments, concerns, etc will be read over and taken in.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
whoever helped you on your spindle install really messed things up

lol jk, awesome truck man
Old 08-04-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
so sick!!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
FJ Cruiser
KEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kurt
KEG'sTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to KEG'sTACO
Sick truck! I want your bumper so bad.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #6
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oh yea, you still have my wheel spacers
Old 08-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #7
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Looks good!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
so sick!!
Thank you. You kinda helped in forcing me to make it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEG'sTACO View Post
Sick truck! I want your bumper so bad.
Thank you. The bumper is pretty sweet, although I get the temptation to just take it off and go back sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
whoever helped you on your spindle install really messed things up

lol jk, awesome truck man
Quote:
oh yea, you still have my wheel spacers

Hah nah didn't mess things up just helped to mess them up, and I have new ones so I can ship these ones back to ya.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #8
FJ Cruiser
KEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kurt
KEG'sTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to KEG'sTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
Thank you. The bumper is pretty sweet, although I get the temptation to just take it off and go back sometimes.
I'll take it… Where could I get one?
Old 08-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #9
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Badass Truck!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #11
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
Hah nah didn't mess things up just helped to mess them up, and I have new ones so I can ship these ones back to ya.
dont ship it down, i'll be up in norcal later in the summer, i'll swing by and pick them up
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Nice truck Jacob .

Sharks suck !
bite your tongue
Old 08-04-2010, 10:05 PM   #12
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck Jacob. Glad to hear you got the rest of the u-bolt flip kit.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #14
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build.
Truly envy your spindle lift.
Love the look
Old 08-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #15
Screw your MPG's

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEG'sTACO View Post
I'll take it… Where could I get one?
Just type in Baja Bumper in google and it should be the first webiste that pops up. I did this when I was going to get a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
Badass Truck!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Nice truck Jacob .

Sharks suck !
Thank you, and nahh not too bad .

Quote:
dont ship it down, i'll be up in norcal later in the summer, i'll swing by and pick them up

bite your tongue
Sounds good man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
Nice truck Jacob. Glad to hear you got the rest of the u-bolt flip kit.
Yeah I am glad too it was kinda nerve wracking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
The Golden Taco looks good Jake, I can't wait to see it with the new rims and tires.
Thanks man they should be on soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumatrd View Post
Nice build.
Truly envy your spindle lift.
Love the look
Thanks just got lucky in the b/s/t. Keep an eye out some might pop up every now and then.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #16
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Best part about your Truck is the color!!!! Hi mr wood!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:24 AM   #17
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Best part about your Truck is the color!!!! Hi mr wood!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #18
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build, sounds like you have a great plan in place for a massive build. Looking forward to seeing how she progresses.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #19
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

I started out with 4x4 and now I dont have it, you started out prerunner and are going 4x4
Old 08-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #20
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
when you do the 4x4 c
onversion are you gunna sell thos spindles? haha