Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Roxspins Build Part Duece

Old 08-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Cool Roxspins Build Part Duece

MOD's:
TRD SC w/URD 2.7" pulley
APR-X1
668cc Inj's & 7th Inj
Walbro fuel Pump
AFE Stage II SI
DTLT Headers 5/8th primaries
Stock Y-pipe, Banks 3" C/B
NST LW pulley set
URD Stage III Clutch & L/W F/W, PDM TSK
URD Short Shifter
Eibach 1.6" lift w/5100 Billies
, 18x9 XD Monsters,
285/60/18 Cooper Zeon LTZ's..

Waz up TW...

Sorry to start a new build thread all together, but yes I am starting the transformation of my truck as of today. Should have it all completed within the next 2-3 weeks. I will post updates as I complete and look forward to any comments and questions. And as always to each his own, just thought I'd share with our TW brothers...

Stock: Pic I had on Lap Top while deployed. Knew Tacoma was for me...

Delivered to Lot: Sales guy sent pic to me while deployed

I installed the AFE SI CAI, and Banks 3" Monster Exhaust. The Intake was installed to replace the Volant. I felt the design is more productive for the Future MODs I will be installing here shortly. The exhaust is awesome. Yeah I know 3" Diameter will somewhat cause a loss in the low end, but believe me soo I barely notice it, and the deep rumble is outstanding.

This muffler is huge. And the piping is solid. No wonder they call it the Monster

Ok, installed the new DTLT Headers with 5/8 primaries. Easy install except for the drivers side. But all went well. This set up all together has a nice rumble at low RPMs and rocks when above 3500rpm. I am on course for F/I madness Yes and they larger primaries remove any and all anoying Rasp...

In these pics you can see the changes in the bends and size of pipe. Sorry forgot pics of the primaries.

Installed

Stage III Clutch & Light Weight F/W w/PDM Sleeve kit

Soon to be mounted, Once I pick up the correct Lugs...
18x9 XD Monsters mounted on Cooper Zeon LTZ's (33" tires changed to 31.5") Wanted something Different, but the deal I got on these was sweet.

Okk well the new clutch & FlyWheel is the bomb. PDM kit installed, will keep all posted. FYI For all 6spd Taco owners, XRU is having a group buy for the PDM kit. Might want to look into that. Deffinately quality stuff. Truck is a challenge to drive now. 300 miles into my 500 mile break in period. Hate not being able to open her up. oh well, will havve lots of fun doing that after the SC install.

Finally got the wheels mounted, here are a few pics, hanging out at Carolina Beach

Here are a couple of Pics of my trucks new stance... Got the 5100's set to stock zero setting and installed the Eibachs, also removed rear add-a-leafs.. Overall 1" lower all around, and installed some LR UCA's.. Loving the smoothe ride

Sound clip before SC install:

Future Mods:

TRD SC Stage III

Here is a complilation of all mods currently installed on my truck:

Bed Ext:

Premiere Deck with IPOD adapter:

Vent shades/Tint

Debadged:

Reverse light:

URD Short Throw Shifter:

Lite weight pulley, full set to come:

NST WP & Alt pulleys

WP Pulley & Alt pulley installed, WP/P took 10mins. Alt took about 45ish, need impact gun:

Devil Horns/Fog light Mod:

Break light sticker:

Speaker upgrade Front 6.5 w/ tweeter,

APR Tuning Mod's:

Stock plugs and Exh Cam gears out. Sorry, no pics of install. It was one hell of a Mod day, and my mind was elsewhere other than pic taking:

Folllowing Day; Ready to install ECU and Thermostat:

Mounted and ready to plug in:

USB communications port:

Thermostat replacement:

5100's up front/5125's Rear:

Linex'd My Step Bars:

TRD SC Stage III (2.7" High Boost Pulley/7th Inj/688cc Inj)

Complete make over Pics to follow...
Old 08-06-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Hemi?
Old 08-08-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Update Bump:

Couple pics and Headers installed.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #5
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Couple pics and Headers installed.
New parts being installed. Work in progress, but coming along just right.

On a side note I took my truck in to the stealership today for AC service. No cool air in system. Dealer calls saying that the reason this was happening was because I installed Headers and had to remove AC Unit to do so. LMFAO... Soo after I squashed that bull crap, Had my AC Recharged, and a Transfer case seal replaced all under warranty. Ha, I love it when they try to pull a fast one and you just slap it right back with a bullshit card.

More to come...
Old 08-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Make sure you post a sound clip! Im jealous!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
Enjoying my addiction

Updated

Ok well the new clutch & FlyWheel is the bomb. PDM kit installed, will keep all posted. FYI For all 6spd Taco owners, XRU is having a group buy for the PDM kit. Might want to look into that. Deffinately quality stuff. Truck is a challenge to drive now. 300 miles into my 500 mile break in period. Hate not being able to open her up. oh well, will havve lots of fun doing that after the SC install.

Finally got the wheels mounted, here are a few pics, hanging out at Carolina Beach

Next Mod is to lower the front and back just enough to level out. Will update ASAP.

Future Mods:

TRD SC Stage III

2.5" lift lowered to 1.6" Eibachs with just TSB in rear

More to follow...
Old 08-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #8
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Whats TRD stage III? 7th injector x-1 and machined port with the 2.7 pulley?
Old 08-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #10
Enjoying my addiction

Thumbs up Yes Sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Whats TRD stage III? 7th injector x-1 and machined port with the 2.7 pulley?
Allan just finished up my pulley install. Will be shipping back. Should begin SC install Monday. I will do the Walbro fuel pump and 7th Inj. myself. SC, along with the 688cc Inj will be installed at a performance shop. I have too many things on the plate with family and all and dont have time to commit to this project, so please dont hate. Im sure it would of been and exciting long day of install, but right now I just want to feel the Boost
Old 08-16-2010, 06:02 PM   #11
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Video of the set up at WOT?
Old 08-16-2010, 06:11 PM   #12
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
Video of the set up at WOT?
Well with Just the AFE, new DTLT's, and Banks I have this for now:

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=MOV03505.mp4

WOT not possible yet, due to Break in period of my new clutch and Flywheel.

Got a litle over a 100 miles to go. Will definatley post a WOT through the gears both before and after TRD SC install..
Old 08-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #13
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like....SECKS!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #14
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Allan just finished up my pulley install. Will be shipping back. Should begin SC install Monday. I will do the Walbro fuel pump and 7th Inj. myself. SC, along with the 688cc Inj will be installed at a performance shop. I have too many things on the plate with family and all and dont have time to commit to this project, so please dont hate. Im sure it would of been and exciting long day of install, but right now I just want to feel the Boost

Im not hating I think this is awesome, I just wish I could not spend my money long enough to get my shit together and do this. I would love an extra 100hp, but then I need to beef the transmission and the list goes on. Maybe if I hadnt bought the new dirtbike lol.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:26 PM   #15
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well with Just the AFE, new DTLT's, and Banks I have this for now:

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=MOV03505.mp4

WOT not possible yet, due to Break in period of my new clutch and Flywheel.

Got a litle over a 100 miles to go. Will definatley post a WOT through the gears both before and after TRD SC install..
sold. im scrapping the pipe bomb and gonna slap on the new dtlt's just waiting patiently for the x-1 to be released for the new ecu
Old 08-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #16
BANNED in 49 states...

Sounds good. I hear that rasp in there though!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #17
Enjoying my addiction

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Im not hating I think this is awesome, I just wish I could not spend my money long enough to get my shit together and do this. I would love an extra 100hp, but then I need to beef the transmission and the list goes on. Maybe if I hadnt bought the new dirtbike lol.
Nah I know, lots of folks were telling me to do it myself. And I was all about it, but when you come back from deployment, Family comes first. I still have Eibach springs, rear leaf adjustments, fuel pump, and 7th to install. If you add all that up Kids will be like WTF dad, ha ha ha...

Overall I got lucky. Dealership will install for $650. And thats with them knowing I have the pulley, 688cc Injectors, and refusal of the reflash. This was per discussion with senior mechanic. Of coarse its on me if something goes bad, but the M. Act is still in place. they need to prove that my mods caused the problem. And this was the dealerships statement not mine. So yeah next week will be all smiles on my end

Note to all: if yo get the SC reflash from the Dealership, it will include some wacky fuel cutoff program as a result with the new recall involving the Gas pedal Mod. I am glad I am refusing the reflash. Mechanic told me straight up customers are not liking the change to include the cut pedal. But a modified pedal will be installed if not satisfied... Too bad the Flash cant be reversed also

APR X-1 FTMFW
Old 08-17-2010, 08:25 PM   #18
Enjoying my addiction

Rasp is overated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post
Sounds good. I hear that rasp in there though!
J/K

I hear so many people call out rasp on exh set ups, but seriously, the only anoying sound that gets to me is the fart can four banger exh. and the nasty Flowmaster blaaah sound. But like I've always said to each their own. And Im owning this setup fo sho

Hear this in person and you will be stoked. The URD is the only other set up I liked as far as the rumble and pipe sizing, just figured I save $100
Old 08-17-2010, 09:37 PM   #19
BANNED in 49 states...

Are you running stock Y-pipe or URD these days? Im too lazy to scroll up and read
Old 08-18-2010, 05:01 AM   #20
Enjoying my addiction

Stock Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post
Are you running stock Y-pipe or URD these days? Im too lazy to scroll up and read

I will be inserting a full parts list for members to view.