Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

CCoorreeyy's Build Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
www.EvolvedFinance.com
ccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
ccoorreeyy's Tacoma Gallery
CCoorreeyy's Build Thread

Finally decided to post my build up. Here it is!

Purchased Marshmallow on January 30, 2008 and never looked back.

Here’s a photo stock:

First mod – Sticker and Emblem free

Second mod – Stubby and Short:

Next I took off the mud-flaps:

Then came TACOMAWORLD! A fascinating website world providing a wealth of knowledge, pictures, cool people, and cheap/free mods!

The gnarliest of all my mods had to be the black headlight mod. Something about sticking plastic into a oven made me sweat!

First Off-Roading Trip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6uOSQy4df8

Then came the relocation of my tow hitch power receiver because I broke it off. Didn’t take long to break it off. Just one trip to Gorman.

Red caliper and blacked out rims.

After that came the yellow fogs! For those of you who are wondering – they’re Lamin-X

http://www.lamin-x.com/Toyota-Tacoma...ers-p/t112.htm

Right around here I got the TRD cat-back exhaust. Also, I got in on the Revenge Fab sliders deal….. Wait for it. Wait for it….. I finally gave up all hope four months after I ordered them

I finally got a CB and wrote my first and only write up on how to install a CB radio.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...y-version.html

And then there was the N-Fab lift bar. Yummy!

New Rubber – BFG TA KOs

She stood like this for quite some time.

Then I sold the light bar because I really wanted to get the All-Pro bumper which didn’t happen for a while.

I found an awesome toolbox for my truck – Kobalt Slim Line from Lowe’s. I think I paid about $125 for it. One of the best purchases I ever made.

Finally, I think it was around 6 months of waiting, UPS knocks on my door and delivers the sliders from Revenge Fab! Whoot! I also painted my toolbox black. I can’t stand chrome!

Mounted:

After months of saving, I purchased the All-Pro bumper and put some lights in it until I get my winch.

I picked up the stock roof rack and the TRD CAI recently. Here’s a picture of the roof rack.

That’s where I stand today. My next purchase will be the Toytec ultimate lift kit I think. We’ll see.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
clean truck! nice jump
Old 08-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Nice
Old 08-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #4
www.EvolvedFinance.com
ccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
clean truck! nice jump
I'd like to see what your truck can do.

I just realized that I used your "how to" write up on CarDomain for painting my wheels. I was looking all over to find you so that I could give you credit for the help... Thanks BTW.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:49 PM   #5
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
^ come to the night race in lucerne this coming saturday and see for yourself
Old 08-08-2010, 11:52 PM   #6
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
that is one sweet truck bro !.... you will like the ultimate kit, i am half way done with my install, i did the dakar leaf packs, waiting till next weekend to do install on coilovers. i will say the leaf packs ride real smooth.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #7
www.EvolvedFinance.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
that is one sweet truck bro !.... you will like the ultimate kit, i am half way done with my install, i did the dakar leaf packs, waiting till next weekend to do install on coilovers. i will say the leaf packs ride real smooth.
Yea. I'm almost positive that's the lift I'm going to go with. I may do the full leaf pack in the back.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:56 AM   #8
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome stuff and progression!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #10
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
nice build man thank god you got that allpro bumper. you def found that bank on theat crek crossing. when in doubt add more power.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:00 PM   #11
www.EvolvedFinance.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
nice build man thank god you got that allpro bumper. you def found that bank on theat crek crossing. when in doubt add more power.
Yea. For sure. I wouldn't have done it if I didn't have the bumper. It doesn't look like it, but I slammed it in pretty hard. Scratched it to hell. That's what I got it for!
Old 10-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #12
www.EvolvedFinance.com

I think I'm due for a little update... Coming soon!
Old 10-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #13
rsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Tyler
rsxftw's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome man! Enjoyed all the vids
Old 12-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #15
www.EvolvedFinance.com

So, most of you know I sold this truck because I was trying to lower my monthly expenses so that I could save to get a house (and some other shit went down too). Well... Finally getting the house! I'm looking in the first week of January. Then, after that, Ill be getting a new Tacoma!! I'm deffinitly going to wait to see what the 2013 looks like before I make my decision. I can't wait to build a new Tacoma! I have so many plans! Stoked
Old 12-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #16
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Dude do you have a info on your trailer harness relocation project? I busted mine too, I never thought to move it up there.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #17
www.EvolvedFinance.com

I think I did a "how to". I'll try to find the link for you.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #18
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
sweet, thanks man
Old 12-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #19
www.EvolvedFinance.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
sweet, thanks man
I didn't do a how to, but it really isn't that complicated.

As you can see, I just got a metal door nob cutter from Home Depot and cut a hole. Then I created two holes for the screws. I got some anti rust lubrication and put a coat over where I drilled just to make sure it didn't rust. I also got a skateboard 1/4 inch rubber riser, cut it to fit, and put it behind 7 pin the to make up for the concave gap (you'll see the gap when you are done and will know exactly what I mean).

When I do it again on my new truck, I'll definitely put it closer to the license plate because it kind eliminates the gap.
Attached Thumbnails
CCoorreeyy's Build Thread-img_0259.jpg  
Old 12-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #20
www.EvolvedFinance.com

Also, some people take out the left license plate light and just drill a bigger hole there. I think it looks like crap that way, so I did it this way.