Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Spearheads Build

Old 08-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
Taco Supremist
spearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to all

spearhead's Tacoma Gallery
Spearheads Build

I guess I have done enough to warrant creating my very own build thread

I started with an 05 Prerunner... hydroplaned into a interstate median fence and they totaled it on me

So my mission was to find another 4 door LB Prerunner with decent mileage on it, that all changed when I saw that Toyota introduced the mag grey.

I drove 300+ miles to another state and snatched up this 09 4WD SB
Old 08-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!! Do you miss the room of the long bed yet?
Old 08-09-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
Taco Supremist
spearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to all

Mod Time

So I put in my Pioneer Audio/Video/Camera system from the wrecked truck :
I ran a hot switch for the camera too this time:

Then I had to put my horns back on! And BHLM too-
Old 08-09-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
Taco Supremist

Then I hooked up with my good friend Brandon at Avid and scored the light bar and snatched up a set of RBP steps - colormatch painted everything :

Then the Satoshi bug bit me and I combo'ed that with the grillcraft lower, again color matching all.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
Taco Supremist

Then I made use of the AUX port in the front by running my own USB port through it, I made it 'retractable' rather than flush mounting so that that certain special person that often rides with me had some slack rather than bending up my port or her USB drive:

You can pull almost 2 feet of wire out and retract it without it looking too trashy

Then last week I got my DynoMax installed, just the muffler, single in/single out, attached to factory pipe rather than dumped.

Not a big change in sound, as others have documented, but it does sound good at lower RPMs and I feel like there is a little more throttle response- too early to tell for sure. This was the perfect exhaust set up for me as I had the TRD intake from my 05 already installed, and I had no interest in a flowmaster 40 type sound or investing in MagnaFlow.
Got the muffler off Amazon for $60 and welded on for $40
Old 08-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
Taco Supremist

Put some Hella 500 black magics on the avid bar and ran a factory switch too:

Old 08-09-2010, 11:09 AM   #7
Taco Supremist

I have the lift ready to go, just need the time to get everything installed :
Old 08-09-2010, 11:26 AM   #8
Taco Supremist

Full List of Mods:
Infinity 2 Way 6X9s front and back
TRD CAI
Debadged Tailgate and Tacoma emblems and TRD bed graphics
Super White bulbs for DTRLs
Vent Shades
Disabled Seatbelt Chime and Doorlock Chime
Black TRD skid (painted with bed liner)
Rearview mirror swap for Homelink mirror since I have my own back up camera
Scangauge II
Cool Blue interior overhead lights swap
Yellow foglight bulb swaps
Redline Hood Struts
Extra D Rings in bed
Stubby Antenna
Tailgate clamp theft deterrent
ProFit dashmount
Satoshi/Lower Grillcraft
Bed Net
<WoW, guess I coulda done this thread a long time ago... >

I painted the Tacoma emblems black and can't decide if I'll put em back on or not, have a oil release valve to install, and maybe a pop n lock, but unless you have any other suggestions, I'll be done after the suspension change! Yeah right...
Old 08-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #9
Taco Supremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Nice!! Do you miss the room of the long bed yet?
Thanks man- so far so good since sadly I find myself in more parking lots than hauling scenarios. I'll have to get an extender sometime.