Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Taco Gunner's Build.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Taco Gunner's Build.

2006 AccessCab, 4X4 TRD OffRoad

Well, I bought her in late March and this is what she looks like today:

This was three days after I bought her:

And now!

The thing that gives the most pleasure is knowing that the majority of the parts/mods on this truck were sourced here in AZ!! I love buying local and supporting the folks here in my state. They are as follows:

Light Bar and Weld-on Sliders: Brandon at Avid Off-Road.

http://www.avidoffroad.com/

Brandon is a SOLID dude and it was a pleasure doing business with him. Very accommodating and the work he does is awesome. He works in a small shop with NO air conditioning...and yet he stills maintains his good demeanor. I cannot say enough about him and his work. (He also put on my suspension, mounted the light bar and welded the sliders)

Two Light tabs plus one POV camera mount tab.

Bed bars and Basket: Custom by mreimann. He is on here but his time is short...he is off to college soon. Glad I was able to have him do some work. Smart kid...(I say that since I am twice+ his age.) I have some trail armor and another bed bar coming from him soon. Highly recommend.

ALL the powder coating done by Desert Powder Coating. Good prices and nice turn around. Josh is the owner...good dude.

http://desertpowdercoating.com/

Tires: Duratrac 285/75R16

Local Goodyear store price matched Sears so I got the tires for just shy of $200.00 per.

Suspension: OME 3" in. 885 Coils, AAL, top plate..all from Toytec.

Wheels: FJ TRD's from the dude in California. (Powder coated by Josh)

Color Matched Grille and Grillecraft Grille, Headights: Forgotten1 (another TW'er)

Interior:

Wet Okole: Front seats and armrest.
Weathertec Mats.
Ram Mount for touchscreen laptop running a couple of GPS mapping programs. Primary one from: SpatialMinds.com
Garmin GPS
USAspec" iPod interface. Wanted to keep steering wheel controls and I life the clean look of stock...for now.

Future:

Black center caps for the wheels.
Black Bumper
Hella 4000 Rallye Lights (Enroute as we speak)

Goals: Cross between a good wheeler and some overlanding.

This truck was built by the folks here at Tacoma World. It has been and continues to be a WEALTH of solid information. Nothing I did was without consultation or resourcing this site....so thanks!

I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!!

Old 08-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Brandon is a great guy!!!.
I like the bed basket deal.
Any details like tubing size and apx. weight?
I may have to look into one of those.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
the_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud of
the_illest_soldier's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Build!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #6
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome!!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #9
fiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theresa
fiestee23's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great! Nice angles on the pics too.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #10
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

Navy: US NAVY SEABEE CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC
Name: Adam
08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck! I like all the mods you've done
Old 08-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #11
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
very nice!

you need to start joining us out on the trails soon!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreimann View Post
very nice!

you need to start joining us out on the trails soon!
As soon as I get my armor!!

Thanks for the work!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #13
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
ohh yah, i got a lot of work done on that skid today. it's cut, bent, mounting brackets welded on, gussets welded on. all the holes are cut. as well.

all thats left is to weld on the angled sides.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:38 AM   #14
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Amazing build!!
Thanks for supporting local businesses too!!
Old 08-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #15
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ohh yah, i got a lot of work done on that skid today. it's cut, bent, mounting brackets welded on, gussets welded on. all the holes are cut. as well.

all thats left is to weld on the angled sides.
Looking for your link to products.
Can't seem to find it.
Do you have a list of all the cool stuff you are building?
Old 08-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #18
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten1 View Post
Wow looks good! You got a lot done in a hurry.
I don't screw around!!
Old 08-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #19
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice build dude!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #20
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you sir. Great work.