1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JLink's Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by JLink, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Dec 10, 2011 at 3:26 PM
    JLink

JLink [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    o they'll pay...

I contacted a lawyer months ago. Just have to wait for it to go to arbitration sometime this winter/spring

2. Dec 10, 2011 at 7:30 PM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    id hit that fucking motherfucker over the head if i was ever witness to that fucking brutality. fuck that shit pisses me off. ranks right up there with those shitass cocksuckers who abuse their dogs.

vile trash, lowest form of scum on the earth. ranks right up there with child predotors, and people who commit hit & runs on pedestrians.

3. Dec 10, 2011 at 9:55 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    good!! glad your doing something about it. That is a load of shit.
    damn... tell us how you really feel!!?! :p I'd have to agree though..

4. Dec 10, 2011 at 11:13 PM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Yea I agree too, but I stumbled upon this Photo and was like... Fuck.. That's Toyota.

5. Dec 12, 2011 at 3:47 PM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    so heres a question for ya josh....what tire you gonna run next year..and what size? :)

6. Dec 12, 2011 at 7:08 PM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    HA! who fuckin knows..

I want a bigger tire, so I'm wondering about possibly going with pizza cutters like yours, or the more popular 285's. I also am strongly considering the even larger sizes.. but since gas mileage is a huge concern of mine, I really need to be careful. I'm currently getting about 15 mpg while driving carefully. I really don't want to drop any lower than that, but I really want some bigger rubber.

I also know that by going to bigger tires, I would need to regear too. which is one reason why the pizza cutters would save me a lot of money.

What don't you like about yours, and why do you want to get bigger ones?

7. Dec 14, 2011 at 10:33 AM
    hard2kill

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    I love mine have not one negative comment to say.... I still get 16-17 if I drive nice and avg 15mpg normal driving... And u know they perform.. I just like tryin new stuff and want more clearance so 34's or 35's are next...an the km2's are great on the street I've done about 17000 miles in the past 6 months on them still 75% tread left :)

8. Dec 14, 2011 at 11:21 AM
    Enigmaaron

Enigmaaron All your soul are belong to us

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    1st gen superiority
    I'm debating the same thing Josh. I would like to get taller tires. Not really interested in going wider though so a 255/85R16. But I would rather not have to deal with re-gearing and so far the only tires I've seen in that size are KM2's. I think those might be noisier than I would like and I don't know how much trimming I would need to do to make em fit. Currently leaning toward sticking with 265/75R16 and getting DuraTracs.

9. Dec 14, 2011 at 11:33 AM
    hard2kill

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    There not noisy at all dalton....I'm on like 2in of lift up front and I only trimmed a tiny bit and that's cause I run spidertrax spacers without the spacers I don't thin I would of trimmed at all or if I had a full 3in ur 1st gen would be beast with my tires bro.... I recomend them to anyone!!!!

10. Dec 14, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    I was also considering 285s in a more mellow tread such as bfg at's.
    I wonder what the mpg loss would be with those compared to the 255s.
    I think I might go for pizza cutters next. Don't need new tires anytime soon though. Might try to sell these next summer :notsure:

11. Dec 14, 2011 at 1:21 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    What's the latest on the 4wd? Anything? :(

12. Dec 14, 2011 at 2:37 PM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Last saturday when I went wheeling with Chris, I flipped it to 4hi and and flashed for about 10 minutes then went solid, so I tried going to 4low, and it just went back to flashing. So I flipped it back to 4hi and it flashed for another 10 minutes or so then went solid, so again I tried 4low, and much to my surprise, it engaged! So I was able to wheel in 4low, low gear, locked rear :cool:

then when we got back to pavement, I flipped it back to 2hi and it worked! usually when its in 4hi it flashes but doesn't go solid. It will actually engage 4hi, but it doesn't realize its in 4hi, so when I try to flip back to 2hi it just keeps flashing and I have to turn off the truck and re start it. when I start it back up it clicks back over.

13. Dec 14, 2011 at 3:54 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    makes sense:p

14. Dec 14, 2011 at 4:07 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    :goingcrazy:

15. Dec 14, 2011 at 7:23 PM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    yea one small step ahead of burg's truck

16. Dec 14, 2011 at 7:28 PM
    pAP

pAP ==========

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5
    ARB locker and OBA, All Pro front & rear bumper, All Pro IFS skid & modified t-case skid, Custom Trans Skid., 4x Innovations sliders, Custom tire carrier/bed bars, Warn Winch, Fox 2.5" Front coilover, Walker Evans 2.5" rear Shock, All pro Leaf, All Pro U-bolt flip, Baja Designs lights, PIA 510 lights, TRD exhaust cut back, Doug Thorley Pipe Bomb

Haha had no idea what was going through your head when you were behind me. Between that ,the burned out cars and Jackson W's... real adventure. Ha!

17. Dec 14, 2011 at 8:30 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    Bu... Buuuu... I have 35s:eek:

18. Dec 15, 2011 at 7:16 AM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Buuuuuuuuuuut they are durafails.

19. Dec 15, 2011 at 7:20 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    You would know better than anyone else... Caught a sidewall punture a few days ago, plug is holding as of now.

Gonna need to replace them soon

20. Dec 15, 2011 at 9:38 AM
    JLink

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    What are you going to get next?

To Top