Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

JLink's Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #21
blacoma42 is on a distinguished road
Army: SGT 341st Engineer Company
blacoma42's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice man.....where did you get the fog light switches?!?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #23
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great man! Someone knows how to do some 12volt wiring! Which river did you run? We went to the Nantahala last fall.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:53 AM   #24
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
fog light switches came from the dealership.. something like $50 a piece unfortunately. If you do buy switches from them, get the wireharness too, even though its like $15 by its self, it makes your life alot easier.

I usually do 7200v or 120/240v. 12v is just a hobby lol.
I actually used to work for the Nantahala Outdoor Center. I was a raft guide on the French Broad river and the Pigeon river, and when they needed more staff on the Nanty I worked over there too. Definitely an awesome way to live, I wish I didnt have to have a real job now.. and in Jersey of all places..

Since your'e in SC you should definitely check out the Chattooga River. NOC works on there too, and its one of the most scenic and exciting rivers in the south east
Old 02-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #25
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
fog light switches came from the dealership.. something like $50 a piece unfortunately. If you do buy switches from them, get the wireharness too, even though its like $15 by its self, it makes your life alot easier.

I usually do 7200v or 120/240v. 12v is just a hobby lol.
I actually used to work for the Nantahala Outdoor Center. I was a raft guide on the French Broad river and the Pigeon river, and when they needed more staff on the Nanty I worked over there too. Definitely an awesome way to live, I wish I didnt have to have a real job now.. and in Jersey of all places..

Since your'e in SC you should definitely check out the Chattooga River. NOC works on there too, and its one of the most scenic and exciting rivers in the south east
My dealer wanted 91 plus tax for a switch. Rip off. Nice truck.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #26
SIKWAY7 is on a distinguished road
Name: mark
SIKWAY7's Tacoma Gallery
Fog lights

Really like the fog light stock switch mod. Couple of questions if you have the time.I currently have stock lights installed when bought. Ihave since put aa light bar on with pair of kf offroad lights. When installing after market light to stock switch did you need the harness or were you able to soder to work. Any info on how you wired your lights would help. Thanks a million.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
So my name is Josh. Im from New Jersey. I bought my 2010 Black Sand Pearl Double Cab Long Bed Tacoma in the beginning of June 2010. I found this site a few days later and my obsession began.

I started with all the basic/free mods, then started saving for some bigger stuff. I'll start a list of all the mods I've done to my truck (no matter how big or how small) incase anyone who reads this wants any advice on how I did anything.

Mods to date:
Seatbelt chime disable, DTRL/ Fog lights always on and converted to HID, Backup camera on switch, removed 2nd air filter, removed horn covers and relocated horns, cabinet lock on center console, relocated 7 pin plug to bumper left of license plate, thule roof racks, black head light mod and converted HID headlights, black devil horns grille emblem, blue sea auxiliary fuse box, bed lights in pockets-on tailgate pin switch or toggle switch, 12v power source in cubby in bed, auxiliary back up lights/ "underbody" /"rock lights", map lights wired to dome light, tailgate theft deterrent (hose clamp), extra D-rings in bed, oznium spot leds on mercury switch for hood/engine lights, 400 watt inverter disassembled and installed with outlets on back of center console, Black Mesh Grille Craft Grille, De-tagged (removed all emblems), Hella 700ffs (converted to HID) behind grille, Avid Offroad Light Bar (now sold), Black spray painted rims, Rear Diff Breather mod, custom bed track mounted cross bars for thule cargo box, UWS black bed tool box, Pioneer Avic X910 BT head unit (Navi, DVD, Ipod, installed in black Metra dash kit, with PAC SWI-PS (steering wheel interface controls), and Ipod interface cable), 35% tint all around (on top of factory tint in rear), Red Line Tuning Hood Struts, Bilstein 5100's front and back-front set at 2.5", Rear AAL (add a leaf), Spidertrax wheel spacers, Wheeler's front diff drop kit, Mr. Marv 10" sub box with amp rack, Pioneer gm5400t amp, Kicker shallow 10, Currently running a tinted set of '05 tail lights to test local law enforcement before I tint my '10 tails, Safari Snorkel (not installed yet), Custom Soft Trim Black Leather and heated seats (not installed yet)

Future Mods:

Steel plate front bumper with winch, sliders, coil overs, tires, wheels, on board air set up, front and rear air lockers, train horns, skid plates, cb radio, hi lift jack ... and what ever else

First week I had the truck, took a trip to North Carolina. Top: Blue Ridge Parkway, Below: Max Patch

After a few mods..

Hid's all around. 6000k

A little dirty.. but black spray painted wheels, black spray painted brake caliper

Above: Pin switch for lights in bed (below). They come on when the tail gate is down, or when I flip a switch in one of the bed cubbies. The lights also have switches on them to turn them off if I dont want to use them.

Above: 3 stock fog light switches. left one: stock fog lights, middle one: Hella 700ff's converted to HID behind the grille, right one: wired for when I put lights on the Avid Offroad light bar.

Above: switch to turn on 400W inverter for normal 120v outlets.

Below: 120v and 12v power outlets on back of center console.

Above: Relocated the trailer wire harness to a hole I cut in the bumper. Much cleaner than hanging down below the bumper.

Bilstein 5100 shocks front and back, spider trax wheel spacers, wheelers add a leaf, wheelers diff drop kit

Above: with the front shocks set at 2.5" and aal in the rear.

Above: with out wheel spacers. Below: with wheel spacers

Above: Custom Thule rack mounts. Below: Bed mounted Thule Racks

Bed Mounted Thule Racks. UWS tool box- low profile Black series

Above: Mercury switch to control ozznium LED Spot light under hood lights

Blue Sea Auxiliary Fuse Box

Maglight mounts

Above: switch to turn on rear view camera in rear view mirror

Above: Pioneer Avic X910BT. Below: ran all the wires for amps and subwoofer

Some pictures of Mr. Marv sub box/ amp rack with 400watt pioneer gm5400t amp, and Pioneer shallow 10" sub. Ended up blowing the sub after a week, so now I have a Kicker 10". I need to take some better pics.

Some wheeling pics

Old 03-02-2011, 03:37 AM   #27
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKWAY7 View Post
Really like the fog light stock switch mod. Couple of questions if you have the time.I currently have stock lights installed when bought. Ihave since put aa light bar on with pair of kf offroad lights. When installing after market light to stock switch did you need the harness or were you able to soder to work. Any info on how you wired your lights would help. Thanks a million.
I didnt buy the wire harness, but to be able to solder the terminals, you have to use a dremel and cut away the back of the switch to expose the terminals. for the $15 for the harness I would DEFINITELY recomend just buying it. that way you can just unplug it if you need too. Just all around way easier.

this should be the wiring for the switch:
power in
power out
illumination
ground

Not positive but thats what I have written down. I would do some searching before you wire it up though.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #28
lmusurfer is on a distinguished road

Name: Max
lmusurfer's Tacoma Gallery
what a great build! ilove
Old 03-25-2011, 05:34 AM   #30

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gov875 View Post
nice set up. how do you like that head unit? i was thinking about getting it or the newer model and wondered how it was holding up. i hear iffy things on the nav. also, did you rewire it so you could enter addresses without having to engage the parking brake?
Yea it's easy to rewire.. I think I just googled Avic x 910bt override.

I am not as happy with the unit as I wish I was. For a $1400 headunit I would expect it to be perfect but it sometimes freezes up and the navi isn't always the smartest route. I'm thinking about trying to call pioneer and complain and try to upgrade it to the 920. I also have an iPhone now and the 920 has a pandora app that runs through the iPhone
Old 03-25-2011, 06:02 AM   #31
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck Tons of good ideas here
Old 03-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #32
Banned
Sixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kreg
Sixfeathers's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Build.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #33
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
Josh, snorkel install looks great. You guys should be masters of that mod soon. Maybe if your around one day we can together to wire the plug setup in my truck for the kids crap.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #34

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppymach View Post
Josh, snorkel install looks great. You guys should be masters of that mod soon. Maybe if your around one day we can together to wire the plug setup in my truck for the kids crap.
Thanks Brian! I think Boyd is gonna host a mod day when it gets a little warmer, I'd be more than willing to help.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #35

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pd3 View Post
Nice build very tastefully done. It was also good to meet you yesterday.
Thanks Chad! It was nice to meet you too. Very nice truck you have there.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #36
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
pic request!! more pics of those duratracs pleaseeee!
Old 04-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #37

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
pic request!! more pics of those duratracs pleaseeee!
Lol I'd love to take some.. But my truck has been in the shop since last Monday. The tires only have about 10 miles on them so far. My 4wd actuator died (after only 25k miles) and the dealership is taking their sweet time fixing it.

Hopefully I'll get it back tomorrow :fingerscrossed:
Old 05-23-2011, 06:35 AM   #38

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Well my sliders will be here tomorrow, my front bumper should be here by the end of the week, I just ordered the doug thorley y pipe so I can mount my ATO 4 piece skids when they are ready sometime in June.
I will update the op build thread as I receive my new stuff.

Feels good to finally get the truck closer to where I want it to be, and to be able to handle the stuff I want to take it on. Doesn't feel good to look at how much money I've just spent though.. Lol
Old 05-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #39
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
I totally feel your wallet pain! And it sucks waiting on armor too, paid for ours at the end of Feb and are still waiting for it.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:02 AM   #40

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
It just doesn't stop.. I just saw someone selling the aero turbine 2525xl muffler, which is the one I wanted, so I had to buy it. Between that and the doug thorley y pipe hopefully my exhaust system is done for a while.

Next project is probably going to be a winch. I'm thinking the xrc8 with synthetic line. Amazon has it for a really good price compared to a warn winch.

Products Discussed in this Thread