Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

JLink's Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #41
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
love the truck and build thread
Old 05-25-2011, 09:18 AM   #42
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
love the truck and build thread
Haha thanks man! You've even seen it in person.. Kinda. Lol
Old 05-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #43
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
Josh which 10 holes had to be drilled out the bottom 5 on each side? & how long was total time to ship/get to you? They look nice bolted up.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #44
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppymach View Post
Josh which 10 holes had to be drilled out the bottom 5 on each side? & how long was total time to ship/get to you? They look nice bolted up.
There are 10 holes on each side. 5 are already there, in the vertical part of the frame. The 5 that need to be drilled are for the bottom side of the frame. The sliders basically have L brackets that need to be bolted horizontally and vertically to the frame. I used a floor jack to push the drill up and it worked like a dream. I ordered them April 15th, and got them May 24th

Strong as hell too!!
Old 07-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #45

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered Fox extended travel shocks front and rear along with DSM UCA's.

Will soon be ordering a new leaf pack, bump stops, and u bolt flip kit... maybe from All Pro???
Old 07-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #46

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pd3 View Post
any words of wisdom?
Old 07-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #47

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
just ordered brighter reverse light bulbs...
http://www.jlclightings.com/ecommerc...led-chips.html

We'll see how they do
Old 07-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #48

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not much, you can't go wrong with FOX and all the rest of the goodies minus the bump stops. I just think bump stops are a waste of money I put the OEM stops back on when I did spring packs and U-bolt flip and no issue. Just depends on how you plan on using the truck. By the way truck is coming along nicely.
Yea I just saw on your build thread that you are getting fox's too, so that makes me feel like I made a good decision

Thanks man!! Maybe some day you will see it in person.. last 2 times I've seen you the truck was at the dealer with the 4wd problem.

RC soon???
Old 07-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #49

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Can't wait to see the new suspension setup! I got a chance to see a set of DSM UCAs in person over the weekend, they are very nice, the boxed design is probably stronger than the tubed design of TC and burgs too.

When you plan on installing? Be more than willing to lend a hand and then do a little wheelin!
Thanks Anthony!

Yeah I can't wait to see how everything looks tomorrow. I'll be starting the install as soon as I get home from work.

I'll need some help when my package from allpro gets here. I've never bled brakes before.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:58 AM   #50

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
UCA and Coilover install last night was extremely painful. Everything seemed to go the wrong way, nothing worked the way it should. Fox's didnt come with instructions, so I torqued the 3 top bolts to the wrong ft/lbs and stripped one of them out
Old 07-14-2011, 05:10 AM   #51
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Got er done tho

Took me and two members 11 hrs to install mah coilovers might make you feel betta...
Old 07-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #52

JLink's Tacoma Gallery

Thanks guys.

Yea the front is done for now. I still want to remove the LCA bolts and grease them and re install. and when I get a spanner wrench/ after the coils break in/ after I get new brake lines, I'll crank that bitch up as high as I can safely get it.

Rear will have to wait till all pro gets expo leaf packs back in stock
Old 07-15-2011, 06:03 AM   #53
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #54

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #55

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Got my order from all pro last Friday and supposedly my doug thorley y pipe will be here tomorrow.

As soon as my broken finger is healed up I'll have a lot to do.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #56
==========
pAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
pAP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Got my order from all pro last Friday and supposedly my doug thorley y pipe will be here tomorrow.

As soon as my broken finger is healed up I'll have a lot to do.
Looking really good Josh!

A tip for the leafs, I would suggest unbolting the back first, then unbolt the front and slide the bolts out. Its easier to work the front bolts out and have the rear free. Same with putting the new ones back in except in reverse. put the bolts through the front then do the back. I have done them 4 times to know this...

Also, be prepared to break the studs and or f-up the bolts both flanges on the old Y-pipe flanges on each side. No matter how much heat I gave them, one stud broke and two nuts were f-d. Had to tap out one hole and send a new bolt through and clean up the threads on a stud and bolt.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #57

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Chris (NJ) was talkin about doing a mod day this weekend coming up either Sat or Sunday. Those leafs and y-pipe will go on quick with a few extra hands
It would go faster, but I have a thing about doing all the work on my truck all by myself (when possible). The brake lines are something I'll need help with though, so if I could atleast get that done with you guys I'd be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pAP View Post
Looking really good Josh!

A tip for the leafs, I would suggest unbolting the back first, then unbolt the front and slide the bolts out. Its easier to work the front bolts out and have the rear free. Same with putting the new ones back in except in reverse. put the bolts through the front then do the back. I have done them 4 times to know this...

Also, be prepared to break the studs and or f-up the bolts both flanges on the old Y-pipe flanges on each side. No matter how much heat I gave them, one stud broke and two nuts were f-d. Had to tap out one hole and send a new bolt through and clean up the threads on a stud and bolt.
Thanks. Ill have to remember that for the leafs. As for the exhaust.. I've heard that from a few other people too. I'm going to try a wd 40 bath a few times a day for atleast a few days before I try to un bolt it. Hopefully I wont have to deal with any problems.. but I'm sure I'll end up having to do the same thing.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #58
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
yes, the plan is to def unbolt the sliders, and drill the last few holes ( 2 i think) theni can rattle can them really quick and we can put them back on.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #59

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just unbolt the bracket and be done with it.
yeaaaa....
already got the ss extensions though.. so since I dont want them to go to waste, ill just install them...

and I finally got my doug thorley y pipe.. ordered may 24, recieved august 2nd....... wow.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #60

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
So you just unbolted the bracket from the axle? No issues so far? What leaf packs are you using

Products Discussed in this Thread