Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Ragin'Cajun's Build

Old 08-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
Ragin'Cajun is on a distinguished road
Ragin'Cajun's Tacoma Gallery
Ragin'Cajun's Build

As you can see from my post count, I'm more of a "lurker" on the forum, but figured I'd contribute back since I've gotten so much good info from the site.

So here are the first pics of my 2010 White Double Cab 4x4 Tacoma I purchased in late July 2010.

The first things I did were removing my mud flaps, hard wiring my radar detector, installing bike fork mounts in the bed, and the fog lights anytime mods.

Will Add Pictures Later

Thanks to the forum, I knew about the rear spring TSB, and actually negotiated having it done ASAP prior to purchasing the truck, as to not have to argue with the Service Dept. later. So when they got the parts in I was able to get that installed. It lifted the rear of my truck ~1". Next a buddy and I tackled installing 5100's in the front, which I set at the 1.75" height. The install wasn't too bad, but we could have been much more efficient with our time as it took us 5 hours to do! (of course there were a few beers sprinkled in there!) Here's the "post lift" pictures-

The next day I got an alignment followed by upgraded the wheels and tires the day after that. I went with 17" Fuel Octanes with 265/70/17 GY DuraTracs. I'm really happy with the results, provides an aggressive stance/look but not "extreme."

Since then I did the little mod to put locks on the bed cubbies.

I knocked all of these mods out pretty quick, but I'm pretty sure I'll slow down for a bit now, though still on my "to do" list remain -
-Sockmonkey lower bumper black out
-Rear 5100's
-WeatherTech Liners
-Some sort of badge mod (remove, paint, Sockmonkey decals -- TBD)
-Grill Craft Grill w/ off road lights behind
-Possibly black out step and skid plate (TBD)
-Bed lights
-Some sort of Audio Upgrade (uncertain on the extent yet, but will definitely incorporate BlueTooth)

I'm sure the list will continue to grow, but so far I'm loving it. My wife is looking for a support group for me to join as I seem to be a habitual modder! It all started about 8 years ago when I graduated college and bought a Tahoe, it then escalated when I found the online forum while I had a Corvette, then continued when I purchased a 335i, and now I have this Tacoma and the illness is stronger than ever! I'll admit I'm sick -- but I don't have a problem with it!!
Old 08-23-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to TW
Old 09-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
BGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to all
Name: Baron
BGrutter's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great. Thanks for reporting in on the White DCSB thread.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
DellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dell
DellGSG5's Tacoma Gallery
Looks really good. welcome to TW!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #6
andy2003 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andy
andy2003's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great love the wheels keep us up to date.