Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

JBarbaresi's Silver TRD Sport DC 6SPD

Old 08-29-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD
JBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: JEREMY
JBarbaresi's Tacoma Gallery
JBarbaresi's Silver TRD Sport DC 6SPD

Current Picture

Video: Magnaflow Catback Exhaust

I figure its about time to start putting together a build thread for my truck. I purchased it new in July 2010 from Berglund Toyota in Lynchburg, VA. I drove almost 3 hours one-way to pick it up because I had to have a manual transmission double cab, and this was the closest one I could find.

The day I brought it home and only photo I have of it stock. There was a bad accident on the way so I got to test her out off-road on the drive home.

I had made a profit from selling my previous vehicle so there was some extra cash to spend on mods right away. The night before picking it up I ordered a Westin Ultimate Bull Bar, Go Rhino! Dominator II Nerf Steps, Injen Intake, TWM Big Type R heavy weight shift knob, and a complete OME 3" lift with rear AAL, axle shims, diff drop, sway relocate, and front spacer. While waiting for everything to arrive I completely debadged and tinted the windows to 20% all around. First to get here was the bull bar and nerf steps.

Next I ordered some Weathertech All-Weather mats and a black chrome TRD emblem. I also installed the shift knob and intake at this time.

Next I ordered a Grillcraft Mesh grill, flat black 16X8 Konig Countersteer Offroad Wheels, and 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac tires.

With the new wheels and tires it was time to get the suspension installed, and with the help of some fellow forum members (thanks Toshi, Justin, Joseph, Mike, Colton) we made a day out of it and knocked out my truck and a couple others.

Here's how she sat for a couple weeks.

It was also time to test out the new suspension off-road.

Then we found out that the front coils were assembled improperly, so we had to do the install all over again (thanks again Toshi, Joseph, and John). At this time I also installed a carrier bearing drop. It rained for almost a week straight, what a great opportunity to test out the suspension again!

Added some vinyl decals to the rear window. I'm getting a slightly larger American Flag to replace the one thats on there now.

More offroading on some local trails Aug 27.

Cleaned her up and this is how she sits today.

Custom Tow Hitch Cover added 8/30/10

Only future plans I have is for some slotted rotor brakes.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Boop! Nice looking truck~~~~~~~>
Old 08-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
rv210 will become famous soon enoughrv210 will become famous soon enough

Name: robert
rv210's Tacoma Gallery
looks bad ass! like the side bars the most. i have the same truck but 05 and i love it. lift looks great any ideas for me i was going to go with 3' daystar leveling kit this week
Old 08-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #5
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
I want those tires man! When my stock tires wear out those will be the next ones
I can't believe how much beefier those OME shocks were compared to the bilstein 5100's.
Did you get your bull bar all set? I vaguely remember reading where it got pushed back a little during the wheelin.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD
JBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant future

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv210 View Post
looks bad ass! like the side bars the most. i have the same truck but 05 and i love it. lift looks great any ideas for me i was going to go with 3' daystar leveling kit this week
the guy who posted right above you has a spacer lift kit, he'd be a better one to give advice on that than I would. I love the feel and look of the OME suspension, Toshi and John have the toytec ultimate lift which is a very nice looking setup as well. It depends how much you want to spend I guess...
Old 08-29-2010, 11:07 AM   #7
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
I want those tires man! When my stock tires wear out those will be the next ones
I can't believe how much beefier those OME shocks were compared to the bilstein 5100's.
Did you get your bull bar all set? I vaguely remember reading where it got pushed back a little during the wheelin.
yeah, its funny because the first time we did the lift install in williamsburg Namyo was telling me how the exact same thing happened to his bull bar a couple times while he was offroading. I just pulled it out a little bit and I need to tighten the bolts before going offroad again. It left a couple marks on the bumper but no biggy. hows your ultimate lift holding up?
Old 08-29-2010, 11:10 AM   #8
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm enjoying it. I had the alignment done last week and everything pretty much was good to go. Caster was off a little but camber and toe was set pretty good. Only thing bothering me is how the front tires seem pushed in from the lift. I'll need to get some spacers or something till I get new rims and tires to fill out the front.
Lookin forward to more mod days and trail runs!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:18 AM   #9
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Army:
i'm getting my alignment done on sept 10, theres a local 4X4 shop around here that specializes in toyotas and that was the earliest apt they could get me in for. I figure it will give the suspension a couple extra weeks to fully settle beforehand as well.

i would try to hold off on wheel spacers if you can tolerate it. i've read a lot about putting extra strain on the axles or something when you push the wheels out using spacers. i don't know how much truth there is to that but if you have plans for new wheels soon in the future i would try to wait. unless you have a credit card your wife doesn't know about .
Old 08-30-2010, 06:37 PM   #11
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great man

Justin
Old 08-31-2010, 03:39 AM   #13
Look away, I'm hideous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBarbaresi View Post

That's random. The receiver has french on it?
I'll have to read up on the wheel spacers. I was thinking it would be a cheap way to fix the front till I can save up for new rims/tires. That won't happen till next year at the soonest though.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:59 AM   #14
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck Jeremy! I dig your rims dude...

John, there is french all over this truck! Flip the 4WD instruction card on the driver's side visor over and its all in french. So are the airbag warnings and the warnings not to drive around like an idiot. If you want wheel spacers, I have a brand new extra pair of Spidertrax that I'm not going to use
Old 08-31-2010, 04:41 AM   #15
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Nice ride Jeremy! Thanks for the invite to go wheeling (must have been lost in the email, right? )
Old 08-31-2010, 05:24 AM   #16
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
That thing is not going to make it very long Just a heads up that it probably will touch the ground soon with as much fun you've been having....double sided tape mounted higher like the bumper or tailgate lol sorry mang...I kno your stoked about it. Wait....is it metal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBarbaresi View Post
Newest addition

Old 08-31-2010, 06:23 AM   #17
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
Nice ride Jeremy! Thanks for the invite to go wheeling (must have been lost in the email, right? )
the thread for the original mod day we did in williamsburg was where we initially planned for this second get together. you had mentioned having a set of UCA's you needed to install, but you didn't want to make the drive all the way up to Stafford, remember? we made all the final plans through PM with everyone that had expressed interest.

the wheeling was a last minute thing we decided to go do after we finished up installing both lifts. plus i figure you've got to have tons of places down there to go off-road. i'll definitely let you know next time we head out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by namyo
That thing is not going to make it very long Just a heads up that it probably will touch the ground soon with as much fun you've been having....double sided tape mounted higher like the bumper or tailgate lol sorry mang...I kno your stoked about it. Wait....is it metal?
it is metal but i will probably just take it off next time i go wheeling. not so much stoked about it as i was surprised it actually arrived. i ordered it over a month ago and never got any sort of correspondence from the seller confirming the order. there was a pending paypal dispute i opened up because i thought the vendor had gone out of business or something and just never closed down his website. then out of nowhere it just arrived in the mail yesterday. i never did hear anything at all from that vendor...
Old 09-01-2010, 10:12 AM   #19
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Army:
yesterday i finally sold off the last of my stock components i was getting rid of. i went ahead and used the money to order my magnaflow catback system just now. $386 shipped from performancepeddler.com.

i've had magnaflow on my two previous cars and have nothing but great things to say about their products; sound, quality, fitment is all excellent. performance peddler prices are the best i've seen for magnaflow in case anyone else is looking around.

i will update when it arrives and will make some videos of the sound.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #20
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Army:
as much as it pained me to scrape off the old flag, i think the new one is much better proportioned to the size of the rear window. maggie exhaust should be delivered tomorrow.