Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Tidrow's Taco

Old 08-30-2010, 05:57 AM   #1
Tidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
Tidrow's Taco

I need to do one of these...
Old 09-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery

Old 09-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #4
Tidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my first new pickup in April 2009. This white Mazda B-2300.

I bought it for dirt cheep for 10,900 with just 5 miles on her. It kept me happy for a bit, but was just too small. I was car shopping online and finally, at a local Ford dealership, I found my Toyota. I'd always wanted a Tacoma, but could never afford a used one because of there higher resale value. This one was $16,500 with only 24k miles on it. After Ford offered me 9000 on my mazda trade, it was a no-brainer.
Here's the newbie in the driveway the first evening. I'd rushed home so I could get a pic the day I signed the paperwork.

You know when you first get your ride, and you still have the dealership tag on the front? This was the first thing to go on my truck. It gave me a chance to rock my Brooks n Dunn plate for first couple weeks.

Here she is at the Beach. This was when gas milage was at it's best. My next modification would cost me a 2-3 mpgs.

Goodyear Silent Armor 265/75/16. and debadged... I also put in the AFE at this point

Next my Weathertechs came in!

Thanks to Andres for the Horns

Kenwood Deck...Thanks to TW for the install tips... http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...wont-snap.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ7CtP4k83I?fs=1

Window Tint came shortly (Thanks to my wife) and then the spring TSB (thanks to San Marcos Toyota)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tymIA3omGM?fs=1

Looks wise, it's about how I want it. I'd like some sliders and maybe the BHLM but these are taking a backseat to my sound system.

Thanks to everyone who's helped out so far. More to come...
Old 09-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #5

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
Here she is right now.
gettin' washed the next couple of days... Thanks to Hurricane Hermine

Old 09-10-2010, 04:37 AM   #7

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks bud, just going through your pics. Your white truck is dope. White is actually my first choice in colors, but this black ain't too bad either. Just gotta dry it after the wash.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:50 AM   #8
andyspromise will become famous soon enoughandyspromise will become famous soon enough

Name: Sam
andyspromise's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

I like the black! I just got my first Tacoma about a week ago! So many things to do going to take a while, I think I just like reading what everyone has done, save some coin and then see what happens but diffinately the stero is the first thing to go as I need anything that will allow me to hook up my Iphone. BTW when changing out the stero do the controls on the steering wheel still work?
Old 09-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #9
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
BenJammn5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidrow View Post
Thanks bud, just going through your pics. Your white truck is dope. White is actually my first choice in colors, but this black ain't too bad either. Just gotta dry it after the wash.
Thanks, but funny you mention that cause I prefer black or mica gray now
Old 09-11-2010, 09:45 AM   #10

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyspromise View Post
I like the black! I just got my first Tacoma about a week ago! So many things to do going to take a while, I think I just like reading what everyone has done, save some coin and then see what happens but diffinately the stero is the first thing to go as I need anything that will allow me to hook up my Iphone. BTW when changing out the stero do the controls on the steering wheel still work?
My advice is to take your time and don't rush anything. There seems to be alot of aftermarket gadgets for these things. Just saying make sure you really want something before you spend too much coin.

And yes the black kicks ass. It is the meanest looking IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJammn5 View Post
Thanks, but funny you mention that cause I prefer black or mica gray now
The grass is always greener on the other side.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:22 AM   #12

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks bud, Maybe I'll se you one day cruizen highway 1.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:34 AM   #13
REX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
REX_111_MDG_BMET's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyspromise View Post
BTW when changing out the stero do the controls on the steering wheel still work?
search "PAC-SWI"
Old 10-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #14

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
Finally uploaded these pics... All black grill, and a sub woofer. The sub is a JL 12 with an alpine amp. Thumps pretty hard, but the system is a little wack. I still have the factory door speakers This sub will do until I need to take back the space.

gotta get back to work now
Old 12-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #15

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
FJ RIMS ADDED

I'll take some good pics once I get some tires.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #16

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
I put some BFG's on it for now...

Old 02-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #17

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM Fun!!!

I picked up some used lights from the junkyard right before I left to visit the fam, so I threw them in the truck and I made my dad and bro participate. It was good family fun.

I still need to take a few pics with them on the truck...

Old 02-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #18

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM COMPLETE AND INSTALLED

Thanks again to 06TEXED for the buffer help. They came out like new!

Old 05-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #19

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
AT REVO 2's - and a blacked out emblem for now.

I have a satoshi I made out of my old chrome grille. I'll prolly put it in the rotation soon.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:33 PM   #20
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin' good, you going to the Bridgeport meet by any chance?