Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My project 4 Banger

Old 08-31-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
My 5-LUG in Progress

cOMA

.Decepticon.

Fellow Fives

Special Thanks to:
SocalSupertrucks.com - Casey
Stupidhurts (Steven)
1BLKT (Tyler)
Neslerrah (???)
Kcbmx

11/9/2011

Installed 11/26/2011

My Truck Is Born

Wednesday 3/28/07 2:15 pm

CURRENT MILEAGE : 60XXX
- Turned 60,000 at 2:01pm 12/3/2011
- Turned 50,000 at 9:45 pm 2/16/2011

Performance Mods:
  • +Doug Thorley Tri-Y Shorty Headers
  • +Secondary Air Filter Removed
  • +Optima Gel Red-Head Battery
  • +K&N Drop in Air-Filter

Lift/Tires:
  • +33x12.5r15 Trailcutter M/T Tires
  • +Full Size Spare
  • +American Racing AR 23' 15x8" 3.75" BS -24mm Offset
  • +Total Chaos BJ UCA
  • +Icon Adjustable 3.5" Coilover Shocks
  • +Icon 3 Leaf AAL Pack
  • +Icon v 2.0 Rear Struts w/ External Reservoir

Exterior Mods:
  • +De-badged (custom cOMA badge)
  • +Window Tint 35% fr 15% rr / Blacked out 3rd Brake-light
  • +*TYTOSHI* Recessed Grill
  • +Hella 500FF (centered, behind grille)
  • +Devil Horns Emblem by MetalMiller
  • +Eadly Eyse CCFL Halo Demon Eye Projector Headlightsw/ DDM Tuning 12000k 35w Slim Ballast HIDS
  • +2010 Crystal Clear LED Taillights
  • +Fog Lights (5000k HID KIT)
  • +TOY(yoda) Sticker
  • +Rear Tube Bumper w/ Hitch

Interior Mods:
  • +Eclipse AVN 5510 INDASH 2-DIN DVD/NAVIGATION w/ iPOD interface + xBox
  • +Eclipse 6x9 2way coaxle P/N SP6900 [800 w torque 4 channel amp]
  • +Eclipse 6.5 3way P/N SE8365
  • +Diamond d3-12d4 Sub-woofers in Decibal Gain Box [1200 w torque 2 channel amp] (Switched for 1x Kicker CVR 10")
  • +Dyno-mat
  • +Weather-tech Floor Mats Switched out for TRD mats
  • +Cobra 19DXIII CB Radio/PA w 25 Watt speaker w/ 4" Antenna
  • +25 LED SuperFlux UV Dome Light

Items I'm Looking for/Future Mods
  • Glasswerks Fender Flares - Bought/Not Installed Yet
  • 4.56 Gear - Bought/Not Installed Yet
  • Hanneman Bedsides
  • Wet Okole Seat Covers
  • Shackle Flip Kit
  • Ultra Guage
  • American Motor Sports Spindle Lift
Old 09-21-2010, 07:55 AM   #2
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Video Vault/Photo Vault

VIDEO VAULT

Temecula Run w/ ICON MT Kit GoPro

Sound Clip w/ DT Headers and Dynomax Muffler

Me Running Through a Pool of Mud

Old 09-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
Banned
Tytoshi grill by TY

Today I drove to south Whittier to pick up my TYTOSHI Satoshi Grill by TY (1BlkT). I was lucky enough to get one that he was making for someone else but they never followed through so received a great price discount. It is chrome with flat black paint. I just need to cut out and attach the two small metal triangles, but he was kind enough to supply me with all the necessary materials. I have yet to decide whether I want to repaint it or not. Can't wait to put it on!!! This thing is of amazing quality; you can't even tell where the crossmember was cut from.

just picked it up

Laid out

Perfect
Old 09-29-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you have been busy, looking good!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #5
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianboy View Post
Looks like you have been busy, looking good!
Thank you very much!! I'm super excited to get the lift on
Old 09-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
Great start.
thank you man
Old 09-29-2010, 01:40 PM   #8
Banned
Repainting the Tytoshi

So today i decided to repaint the metal in the grill because the flat black looked a little odd. I left the plastic piece flat black and it actually turned out very unique

I taped off everything including the inner plastic piece

I scuffed up the metal with some 60grit sand paper so the paint would stick better.

I sprayed the metal with some gloss black but the can shit out on me and died during the application. off to ace hardware!

I bought some "Black Night" metallic paint at Ace Hardware and I found my Belt Buckle!!!

Sprayed down 3 coats of "Black Night"

It has a very interesting look to it.

I let it dry... When it is hit with light it is very reflective and looks like black armor almost.

I attached my belt buckle to the grill with some fishing wire and a black zip tie. This is only temporary until my Devil Horns Emblem arrives in the mail from MillerJeff

God Bless America!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #10
Yota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Yota Newb's Tacoma Gallery
Love it! I like to see more 5 lug builds. As soon as I get some extra $$$ I will try out one of these build thingies

Looking forward to more updates!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #11
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Newb View Post
Love it! I like to see more 5 lug builds. As soon as I get some extra $$$ I will try out one of these build thingies

Looking forward to more updates!
thank you man. yep, i always love to see a 5-lug being built, it brings us hope! good luck with everything man.

okay okay okay! so today i got my Devil Horns Emblem from MetalMiller (Jeff Miller) and i have to say i am in awe. This thing is super heavy and super sharp (literally) it is crafted perfectly!!!.

I proceeded to paint it Black Night

I Then drilled the two holes into the grill

Finally I attached the emblem and secured it. I love the way it looks!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #12
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Good lookin' truck. How do you like the bigger tires on the 5 lugger?
Old 10-05-2010, 12:14 AM   #13
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Good lookin' truck. How do you like the bigger tires on the 5 lugger?
i haven't seen my truck with the 235's yet. I get it back tomorrow it was up north because someone broke into it . It will be here sometime between 12 noon and 4:00 pm. I'm installing my headlights, grill, cb radio, and maybe the readylift tomorrow. i will let you know tomorrow though!!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #14
Banned
Satoshi Grill Installed

So i Moved to Northern California Yesterday and wasnt able to put on much. . . I did install the Tytoshi However as well as the TOY(yoda) sticker. I love the way the grill looks and i can't wait to put on the readylift/headlights. Here are a few pictures. Enjoy!!!

By the way. . . I got to see the 235/75r15's for the first time, and in no way do the pictures do these tires justice. I think they are the perfect size and they look amazing. Once the readylift is on This truck will be sittin' the way it deserves to be. No Negative side-effects at all!!!

Before

After

235/75r15's

Taillights

Cruisin with the Carrot & only 39xxx Miles on my 2007

Old 10-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #15
Niles19 is on a distinguished road

Niles19's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Truck like to see other five luggers, when you put the ready lift on you will want bigger tires 30's or 31's. I put 30x9.5x15's on my after the fat bobs lift pretty much the same as the ready lift and I could honestly put 31's look at my gallery pics IMO you will want at least 30"s. Again cool truck.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:55 PM   #16
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niles19 View Post
Nice Truck like to see other five luggers, when you put the ready lift on you will want bigger tires 30's or 31's. I put 30x9.5x15's on my after the fat bobs lift pretty much the same as the ready lift and I could honestly put 31's look at my gallery pics IMO you will want at least 30"s. Again cool truck.

Well I definitely Want the 30's atleast, I'm shooting for 33's down the line but id rather increase the performance of the truck before i get new rims. . . with that said, i also want wheel spacers for that bulldog look. I am into the aggressive stance. Also, thank you for the compliments.

ON an informational note, I performed the secondary air filter removal on 10/8/10 and i must say i notice a huge difference in throttle response already and acceleration.

I have not been able to check the MPG difference but i am driving to Orange county Monday night and back to San Francisco Tuesday night so well see. I just wanted to inform everyone who has a 5-lug that they should definitely remove the Secondary Air Filter. Good Luck!

I also installed my Cobra 19 DXIII CB radio/PA unit w 25 watt all weather speaker. I wired everything up super stealth. I love it. In the process of wiring this, i also removed the two plates on the horns, therefore increasing horn DB +10.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:21 PM   #17
Banned
Spyder Halo Headlights

So yesterday i hooked up my Sypder Halo Headlights but i couldn't get the halos/leds to work. After much stress and research i found out what i had done was perfectly correct in wiring. The problem was that the quick crimp connectors were not exposing the wire enough so i had to shave the wire down then connect it!!! I know they are LED's and not CCFL's but I dont give a fuck!!! I love the way these look.

Daytime before i got the LEDs working

Nighttime parking lights

Before

Lowbeam

Highbeam

After

Lowbeam

Highbeam

A shot of the Crystal Clear LED Taillights with the TOY(yoda) sticker
Old 10-19-2010, 07:58 AM   #18
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemicals View Post
i haven't seen my truck with the 235's yet. I get it back tomorrow it was up north because someone broke into it . It will be here sometime between 12 noon and 4:00 pm. I'm installing my headlights, grill, cb radio, and maybe the readylift tomorrow. i will let you know tomorrow though!!!!

WTF? Was anything taken when someone broke in?
That sucks, someone broke into my truck a few months back.

BTW, the devil horn emblem and the headlights look awesome
Old 10-19-2010, 08:02 AM   #19
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
WTF? Was anything taken when someone broke in?
That sucks, someone broke into my truck a few months back.

BTW, the devil horn emblem and the headlights look awesome
we talked about this already lol. someone bricked my window and i ran outside with a bat. They took off... they didnt get shit but i got stuck with the bill. Thank you man
Old 10-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #20
Banned
Hella 500FF

So I spent all day 10/23 installing my Hella500FF lights behind my Tytoshi in the pouring rain, which I don't recommend. I wanted them installed today though so I carried on. I bought 2x 3/8" x 2" Zinc Hex bolts to extend the drop down level of the lights thanks to Neslerrah's build page. I attached the Lights to the frame on the two holes just outside of where the grill attaches. I love the result.