Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

09 Great White Build

Old 05-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #21
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroM- View Post
Looking good Shayne! Like the BHLM matched with the grill. Very mean looking front end!
Thanks! now I can't wait to get out on the trail and get some mud on her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post
Truck looks awesome and the reason I pulled into that parking lot that day and got me to join that club. Looking really really good.
Thanks, we are looking forward to help raise your truck and lighten your wallet! LOL

Glad to have you out, and its always good to meet new people
Old 06-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #22
Strautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 2nd Lt @TBS
Name: Nick
Strautins's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck man. I like the look now with the grille painted and the red logo. Who's truck is in the middle of the pictures with all 3 trucks with the snorkel? I'd like to see more of that rack he's got in the bed.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #23
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strautins View Post
Good looking truck man. I like the look now with the grille painted and the red logo. Who's truck is in the middle of the pictures with all 3 trucks with the snorkel? I'd like to see more of that rack he's got in the bed.
Thanks! yeah the grill is a nice addition!

That's Freeze's truck, he is on here, and also on CT4WD
Old 06-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #24

Note to self, Bush bars are considered damage multipliers

Just at the point in time where I thought I had my truck to a point where I liked everything, now it seems that I need to start re-thinking things and rebuilding.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #25

Update with pics of the new bumper

Got it all set up and good to go, one recommendation DO NOT USE Calgary Powder Coating, they will cause you nothing but aggravation.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #26

Also another update....... This one not so good.

I was headed out with a group to Whipsaw in B.C. and ended up Hydro-Locking the motor, so now my truck looks great but is a paper weight. She is sitting in Penticton right now, awaiting the trailer ride home to Calgary.

Looks like I will be swapping in a used Toyota 4.0L in the near future.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #27
waterwolf603 is on a distinguished road

waterwolf603's Tacoma Gallery
nice build and pics
Old 07-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #28
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Love the new bumper man it looks really good. Damn now I need to save more money and get me one of those too lol. First the lift, wheels, tires, guards and sliders and then maybe a new bumper.

Sorry to hear about the engine. Hope you get it up and running soon.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff2007Tacoma View Post
Love the new bumper man it lokos really good. Damn now I need to save more money and get me one of those too lol. First the lift, wheels, tires, guards and sliders and then maybe a new bumper.

Sorry to hear about the engine. Hope you get it up and running soon.
Thanks, the truck should be back on her feet and under her own power after this weekend!
Old 08-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #30

Well I might as well put up some pics!

Coming home

Donor

pulling out the old

new one getting checked out, prior to going in

Must be a union job!

Starting her up with the new engine!

Yes, the interior is stripped, thought it would be a good time to clean everything.

And here are a few pics prior to the Hydro-lock issue

Hit a little snow in July....
Old 09-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #31
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Good to see it back up and running!
Old 09-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Good to see it back up and running!
Thanks, yeah she is running great now, been out wheeling twice now, and actually got to have a TON of fun in Crowsnest pass working with Search and Rescue on Exercise Dark Squeeze, we were providing 4x4 transport into a remote location for a training exercise in High Alpine and cave rescue so got to show off my rebuilt truck to a lot of people who were very appreciative of the ride!

Working on pics and video, but need video editing software to cut down the GoPro videos
Old 09-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #33
Palooka is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
Palooka's Tacoma Gallery
That's a badass truck man. Shitty deal on the hydrolock, but where's the story on that? Creek crossing?
Old 10-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
That's a badass truck man. Shitty deal on the hydrolock, but where's the story on that? Creek crossing?
Thanks, so the story with the hydrolock is I was the last guy through a fairly deep puddle and I guess my line was a little bit off or I hit a ledge in the puddle, but the bow wave crested and ended up dead in the water.

Not something I ever want to repeat!
Old 11-21-2011, 08:59 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
I was looking at the Rims at Discount where I work. Turns out the V-Drives come in matte-black now too!
Cool, guess I was ahead of the trend!

I can't seem to find them on the website, but I guess that will be coming soon.

Thanks for the info
Old 11-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #37
I love Tacos
09YotaMan is a jewel in the rough09YotaMan is a jewel in the rough09YotaMan is a jewel in the rough

Name: Edwin
09YotaMan's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks about your stock bumper getting screwed up. But you def came out better with your new bumper. Looks Awsome.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #38
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryRider View Post
Cool, guess I was ahead of the trend!

I can't seem to find them on the website, but I guess that will be coming soon.

Thanks for the info
Yeah for some reason they don't show up on the website but it shows up in the store's list of wheels...
Old 11-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09YotaMan View Post
That sucks about your stock bumper getting screwed up. But you def came out better with your new bumper. Looks Awsome.
Thanks, yeah I really love the new front end.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #40

Well a little maintenance here and there...

Had to replace the fan clutch as it went, thankfully I had a spare.

A few more goodies on order too
- Safari Snorkel
- ARB Air Compressor
- TRS Retro-fit lights

Still need to get in and get the leveling kit and the OME Shim's in, but other then that truck has been running great!