LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

09 Great White Build

Old 10-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #101
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
how u liking the duratracs in the snow? i have mine in the garage waiting to go on
Old 10-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #102
TACO LOVER!
!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light

Law Enforcement:
Name: Felix
!TacoTaco!'s Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #103
-TACOMBO-
mh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh3kgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mh3kgt's Tacoma Gallery
Damn good looking truck man. Love what you did with the plate bumper, I've been wanting to do the same since i have the evo mod on my stock bumper.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:26 AM   #104
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
how u liking the duratracs in the snow? i have mine in the garage waiting to go on
Love the Duratracs in the snow, they handle great on the highway in the snow and slush, and off road they float nicely. Really impressed with them.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:26 AM   #105
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixh View Post
Truck looks great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh3kgt View Post
Damn good looking truck man. Love what you did with the plate bumper, I've been wanting to do the same since i have the evo mod on my stock bumper.
Thanks guys, really happy with how the truck has turned out, its been a long and interesting process but well worth it in the end.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #106

Haven't updated in a while so might as well!

A group of us went out Dec 1 to check out the trails in Wiaporous now that there is fresh snow on them

and fav shot from the weekend
Old 12-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #107
Palooka is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
Palooka's Tacoma Gallery
That shot on the bridge is sick!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #108
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I agree that is such an awesome shot on that bridge.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #109
Hippynotions is on a distinguished road
Hippynotions's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Calgary Rider who did you source your OME lift through i am looking to get a 2" lift from them but i am unable to locate a dealer in canada or close to saskatoon how much did it cost you and what kind of height did you end up getting after installation? was it do able at home or did you take it to a shop?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #110

I got my OME kit through the Gear Shop in Calgary. They ship across Canada, and off the top of my head I can't remember the cost but after the install I had about 2.5" in the front and 3" in the rear (OME Dakar leafs)

I don't have the tools at my place (or space) to do the lift so I took it to one of my buddies who is a Toyota tech to do the work. The lift can be done in a garage as long as you have the tools to do it.

To level the truck I ended up doing a daystar spacer in the front, and that also helped with clearance issues on the body mounts and fenders. So currently I am stilling about 3" all around.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:38 AM   #111
Thanks Calgaryrider i am also wondering if the ride stayed pretty well stock for comfort after you installed the spacer in the front to level it out? Did you think about trying the OME bushing that add an extra 3/4 of an inch? if not just wanted to know if you heard anything about those and choose the spacer because of issues with the bushings
Old 02-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #112

The ride stayed pretty similar to stock, but only when my truck is loaded down. I use my truck for work in the winter and in the summer its loaded for camping and wheeling. When it is totally empty I do notice it rides a bit rougher then stock, but still a nice ride.

The spacers really didn't make a difference to the ride once leveled. I actually have the bushings you are talking about but its more to reduce the Tacoma lean to the driver side, I didn't install them as it required disassembling the shock and coil. The bushing would actually be easier on the angles on the CV's as it does not raise the front as much as the spacers.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #113
Thanks for the Info ill probably go with the bushings and install them on the shock and coil before installing the lift my truck is fairly new i dont have the tacoma driver side lean yet will it definitely occur after a year or so of riding?
Old 02-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #114
Did you drop your Differential? or leave it stock? Any vibrations from your drive line that you noticed? And in your opinion if i am going to spend the money for a 2" OME lift and not need a diff drop is it better to just go with a 3" OME lift and do a diff drop?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippynotions View Post
Thanks for the Info ill probably go with the bushings and install them on the shock and coil before installing the lift my truck is fairly new i dont have the tacoma driver side lean yet will it definitely occur after a year or so of riding?
The Taco lean did get very noticeable after the 1st year, and I have just leaned to live with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippynotions View Post
Did you drop your Differential? or leave it stock? Any vibrations from your drive line that you noticed? And in your opinion if i am going to spend the money for a 2" OME lift and not need a diff drop is it better to just go with a 3" OME lift and do a diff drop?
I didn't drop the diff, and I haven't noticed any issues with the drive line.

Each person and truck is different, some guys have done a 2" lift and needed a diff drop, others not. Same with the 3" lift. It really depends on the install, and if you notice a vibration or not. A diff drop is a pretty easy job to do compared to the lift. My recommendation would be do the lift, and then drive it for a while, see if you can detect any vibrations, and if so then do the diff drop. If not save the money and put it else where in the truck. The diff drop will also be one of the easiest parts to source if needed.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #116
Do you even wheel Bro?
Reeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Reeeno403's Tacoma Gallery
Word up to this build and thread
Old 05-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #117

Well haven't had a chance to update this recently but I haven't done much to the truck lately. I was unfortunately laid off in Feb so money was tight but I did manage to get a TJM Stealth winch, did some maintenance (new passenger CV, diff drop, etc) so that I was able to do a road trip to Moab!!!

Got a new job lined up, and between computers, but will try and get some pics up in the next little while.

Down the road the plan is to camp, wheel and enjoy the truck as I get a company vehicle starting July, and hopefully get the bumpers cleaned up and re-powdercoated, re-route the exhaust and modify the All-Pro transfer case skid.

After wheeling in Moab with Spoonman I really really want 35's and lockers.....
Old 05-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #118

A few shots from Moab

Old 06-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #119
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Sick truck Shayne! I really love the snow pics and the ones from Moab! Bumper looks really cool with the wings painted white as well.

Very surprised you hydrolocked your engine tho!
Old 06-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #120
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of light
Name: James
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryRider View Post
and fav shot from the weekend
Awesome pic and really cool/unique idea for painting your AP bumper. Sub'd!

Products Discussed in this Thread