Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

09 Great White Build

Old 09-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
09 Great White Build

So I purchased my truck new and picked her up Oct 2008, been on TW a little while so I thought I would share how it has gone to date.

Details:
2009 SR5 Access Cab
White
only 16 kms at time of pick up.

Modifications to date:
Aries Bush Bar
265/70/17 BFG A/T KO on MB V-drive rims
All-Pro IFS skid, transfer case shield, and spacers
Shrockwork Sliders
Old Man Emu 885 Coils
Old Man Emu Nitro Charger shocks
Old Man Emu Dakar leafpack
TRD Fog lights
TRD Directional display
Km's to date: 89,800 (55,799 miles)

Future Mods:
Front and Rear bumper (All-Pro, Relentless fab, or Amourtech)
in bed rack system for work and hopefully an RTT
ARB Air Locker & Compressor

This is the earliest photo I have of the truck, it was on a road trip to Dallas, TX from Calgary, AB, Canada (picture taken in Moab)

New footwear in Amarillo, TX

Then the All-Pro order went in for spacers and skids

Wheeled her like this for a little while

Then came the real upgrades
-Shrockwork Sliders
-OME 885 coils, Nitro Charger Shocks, Dakar Rear leafs
-TRD fog lights
-TRD directional display

Then a few little cosmetic things

Shots in Oct 2010

Update Nov 8
Got bored over the weekend and had access to a garage...

Friday Night

Saturday morning

May 2011

Updates as of Mar 2012
All-Pro plate bumper
Safari Snorkel
Lightforce 240 Blitz

Old 09-09-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks, yeah snow pics are one thing I can take a lot of up in Alberta
Old 09-09-2010, 08:01 AM   #4
pizzo is just really nicepizzo is just really nicepizzo is just really nicepizzo is just really nicepizzo is just really nice

pizzo's Tacoma Gallery
are those playboy magazines????
Old 09-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #5
AustinA20 is on a distinguished road
Name: Austin
AustinA20's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck man what size wheels and what was all the numbers did you get i like those. Id like to get me a new set and dont exactly know all the dimensions ill need
Old 09-09-2010, 08:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzo View Post
no I wouldn't waste a playboy on my truck. lol

I used to be a tuner (I had a 2001 Acura EL) and kinda got into the import car scene. I think that was an Import Tuner magazine, articles were ok, pics were sweet, and the models were worth the cover price

pic of the car, so upgrade to the Tacoma was worth it
Old 09-09-2010, 08:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinA20 View Post
nice truck man what size wheels and what was all the numbers did you get i like those. Id like to get me a new set and dont exactly know all the dimensions ill need
Thanks, The tires are 265/70/17 BFG A/T KO on MB V-drive rims

I picked them up from Discount Tire Direct in Amarillo TX.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...8.5&vid=014531

I have wheeled them pretty hard and so far the rim and tire combo has been holding up to rock, and mud no problem. I would recommend removing the center caps before wheeling though, they tend to break pretty easy.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #8
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Looking Good Shayne!

How soon are you planning the front/rear bumper combo?
Old 09-09-2010, 08:24 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroM- View Post
How soon are you planning the front/rear bumper combo?
It probably won't happen until next year, I need to save my pennies. But the way that I have been using my truck I'm going to need them sooner then later. I tried to clean my front bumper the other night to get rid of the bugs, but I actually found that the 'bugs' were actually rock chips in the paint
Old 09-09-2010, 08:39 AM   #10
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzo View Post
Funny, I noticed that as well...good looking truck
Old 11-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #11

Bump for new photos added to the first post.

Also gotta say you all are BAD influence on me, I can't seem to leave my truck alone after seeing everyone else's rigs on here.....
Old 05-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #12

A few updates

Old 05-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #14

yeah, haha I guess thats what happens once ski season is over!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #15

So just did the BHLM mod, can't wait to see how she looks out in the sun
Old 05-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #17

a few updates

BHLM

Sirus relocation
Old 05-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #18
Blaggard
Murphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphy1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Murphy1's Tacoma Gallery
Great build

2010 Silver Dcab 4x4 TRD off road
Old 05-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #19
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Looking good Shayne! Like the BHLM matched with the grill. Very mean looking front end!
Old 05-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #20
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks awesome and the reason I pulled into that parking lot that day and got me to join the club. Looking really really good.