Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

BenJammn5's Build

Old 09-08-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
BenJammn5's Tacoma Gallery
BenJammn5's Build

RIP

RIP

2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD-OffRoad SR5 PreRunner:

Mods: Front-2.5 Sway-a-way RaceRunner coilovers
DownSouth Motorsports UCA
MaxTrac Spindles
Sway bar delete
All-Pro IFS skid
FX-R Projector retrofit: Morimoto 55W Ballast, Morimoto 6K bulbs
3000K Fogs
Hella 500's behind grill mounted to home depot angle aluminum
Satoshi color match grill
Hood scoop
Eye lids (one of the TW hated mods)

Rear-Bilstein 5100
Toyota add a leaf
BTF Tube Bumper
Glassworks bedcaps
Autozone dust lamps
ATF light rail/antenna mounts

Performance-AFE Pro Dry S intake
TRD catback w/ spintech muffler

Wheels/tires-SCS F-5, 3.5BS
305/70R16 GTRadial Adventuro MT
Cab mount pinch weld by Demello Offroad

DIY mods/miscellaneous - Black emblems
Fog light anytime
Bed cab locks
UltraGauge
WetOkole seat covers
TRD Shift knob

In Feb of 09 I bought this TRD-OffRoad with the 4.0L and 6speed transmission; I swear this truck felt like a rocket ship compared to what I was used to.

I ended up doing what most do with an initial lift and had the Bilstein 5100's installed by SoCal suspension. I also bought a set of Camburg balljoint UCA's for additonal wheel travel and proper caster angles as the future plan was to run a 285 series tire. Around this time I dropped the truck off at the Toyota dealership for the TSB add a leaf.

I originally ordered Hankook Dyanpro ATM RF10's, but Discount tire accidently ordered the wrong size so they let me roll around on Nitto TG's for a week until the Hankooks arrived.

I had some major rubbing so I dropped it off at Demello Offroad and had the rear body mount chopped to clear the tires. I also banged the stock skid plate while testing the Nitto's and Bilstein shocks so I drove to AllPro offroad in Hemet and picked up their IFS plate

After driving to Hemet to pick up the skid plate and driving to Corona to chop the body mount, the Hankooks arrived!

I ran the truck around like this for a while, and did some small DIY mods.

I soon discovered that my Bilstein shocks were not up to the abuse, so I bought a used set of Sway-a-way RaceRunner 2.5 shocks and had them rebuilt by Sonny at Downsouth motorsports.

This thing really gets used..
As of today: Added satoshi color match grill + hood scoop, DSM UCA's, and spintech muffler.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:06 AM   #4
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
nice upgrade!

btw how was the nissan 4 cyl stock? i was thinkin about gettin one before i got this truck but i didn't cause my dad woulda kicked me out of the house for buying a nissan lol
It was okay, was a little faster than the toyota 2.4, but slower than the 2.7 I drove. Couldn't really complain about the powertrain as it got the job done.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:48 AM   #5
Tidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good bro!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:06 AM   #7
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:33 PM   #10
say NO to BRO!
jedrovsky is on a distinguished road
jedrovsky's Tacoma Gallery
so when are you gonna hook a brother up for some stuff...whats up general
Old 11-01-2014, 11:33 PM   #13
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
Could you post some pictures with f5 wheels? Looks very nice
Old 11-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #14
RN

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meantaco View Post
Could you post some pictures with f5 wheels? Looks very nice
Sure man, haven't updated this dead build in a while. Added Maxtrac spindles last year, a TRD shift knob good for 10hp, and wet okole seat covers.

Check it out