Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

rsxftw Build Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
rsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Tyler
rsxftw's Tacoma Gallery
rsxftw Build Thread

Hey guys,

Recently picked up a 2005 Tacoma v6 sr5 prerunner long bed to go along with my 2006 RSX Type S.
So Far i absolutely love the truck, only thing is i wish i got the 4x4 I didnt think i was going to love playing in the dirt so much! But i make do with what i have, my next Taco will be a 4x4 thats forsure.

When i bought her she was stock other then Billet grille and shorty antenna. Since then ive added 3" lift, and 17x9 XD Addicts wrapped in 32" Nitto Terra Grappler tires. Also a couple other little additions have been debadging, and blacking out the side Tacoma emblems.
Shes a work in progress, more mods to come forsure. So far im loving the truck game. Ive always been into modding cars, but having this truck has just been a blast!

Current stance!

First day i got her-

Here she is with just the lift no tires or wheels yet-

And heres how she sits now. Took her down to pismo for a little camping trip, depsite being 4x2 she still held her own in the sand! I was happy with it.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
rsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of light
rsxftw's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man.
Yeah heres a semi new one of the rsx.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking rides
Old 09-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
rsxftw's Tacoma Gallery
Nice nice!!!
Your trucks hella sick, aswell as your car! Yeah man its a nice combo!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
Pcd225 will become famous soon enough

Pcd225's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of lift do you have? and what size are your tires? Good lookin truck!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #7
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
pimpin aint easy.. looks good!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:27 PM   #8
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck with your mods man this website is gonna eat your wallet up haha. Everything looks badass already.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:29 PM   #9
rsxftw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcd225 View Post
What kind of lift do you have? and what size are your tires? Good lookin truck!
Thanks dude!

It blocks in the back and Bilsteins rear shocks, and just spacers up front.
It works for now. Im thinking Fox coils overs would be nice sooner or later. But this will do for now.

The tires are 265/70/17s.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #10
rsxftw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTron View Post
Good luck with your mods man this website is gonna eat your wallet up haha. Everything looks badass already.
Dude i can already tell! Ive been lurking on this site non stop since i picked the truck up. Rsx wont get no love for a while, im full on addicted to the truck right now haha!
Looking at intake and a catback next.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #11
rsxftw's Tacoma Gallery
Couple more i took with my iPhone yesterday. Messing around in the dirt

Old 09-15-2010, 06:31 PM   #12
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sweet pictures man. I deleted my picture up there felt like that i was being retarding for posting a pic on your build thread haha. Whats your next mod??
Old 09-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #13
rsxftw's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks dude!
Ah man i didnt mind it, fellow taco/rsx owner!

Next mod, probably a double din head unit. Researching intakes and cat-backs aswell. Any suggestions?
Old 09-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #14
Tacotronn

Depends what your going for. For intakes i had a k&n but got rid of it. IMO the trd intake is the best because the entire intake is enclosed and sounds real nice. With intakes theres not to many hp gains but just in sound. Cat-back is up to you as well. I have a flowmasters 40 which is loud as hell sounds real nice. Performance wise is probably does nothing haha. Check out wicked flow, Ive heard dual flowmasters,50 and 40 flowmaster, trd, magnaflow, and wicked sounds the best! Get ready to spend some money haha I cant stop!
Old 09-15-2010, 06:43 PM   #15
rsxftw's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah the TRD intake is what caught my eye. Looks really nice.

Not much performance gain huh? Dang, well itll all sound nice haha. TRD Cat Back looks pretty nice too. Idk if i want loud or not. I had a WRX before the Taco and the thing was LOUD! Looking for a change of pace haha
Old 09-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #16
pm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant future
pm321's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man
Old 09-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #17
Tacotronn

yeah not gonna lie exhaust for the wrx sounds like 10 times as loud as my truck. You can find videos on here look up wicked flow sounds badass on the tacos.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #19
rsxftw's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys!

And yeah man ill look for videos. My WRX was pretty much straight piped. So i can can handle loudness, i just dont want the cop trouble. But from what i hear cops dont really care about loud trucks compared to loud cars haha.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:32 AM   #20
andercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Calvin
andercal000's Tacoma Gallery
Dang ur truck is hella clean and wheels looks great on ur truck