Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The Kiwi's bad ass base model build

Old 02-17-2012, 02:38 AM   #21
Mytaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutMytaco09 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Steve
Mytaco09's Tacoma Gallery
AllPro Expeditions

Hey, I was just searching for feedback on the AllPro Expedition Leaf pack and found your thread; nice build and was happy to see your feedback on the Goodyear Duratrac's because those are on my list to buy soon because i put studded winter tires on my factory rims thinking we were gonna have a normal winter here in Edmonton and the snow never came this year,lol. Regardless those tires are staying on the factory rims and some larger Duratracs are going on when I install the Toytec Ultimate lift that is sitting, looking pretty on my living room floor.

Please update on those Expedition springs when you get them on. There seems to be conflicting info on the amount of actual lift. Unless I'm wrong AllPro states 4" but people are saying they are giving less which I hope is the case. With a planned 3" lift in the front I'd like to level out more and not actually increase the rake of my truck.

I thinking Expedition's though because I just bought a camper 2 weeks ago that weighs around 1050lbs(470kg) without all my gear inside. I drove it home from Calgary with the factory TSB leaf springs and it did alright but i had a slight negative rake and it was a little bouncy. so I'm hoping these springs will be the ticket.

If you could measure from the hub center how much actual lift you get and also report back on how they ride with an empty bed, wanna make sure it's not too rough of a ride it would be greatly appreciated. these springs are so new I think a lot of guys would like to know.

Also, did you order straight from AllPro?

Thanks
Old 04-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #22
Mendoman is on a distinguished road
Mendoman's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice base, mine will be getting a similar treatment soon!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #23
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Sliders are finally back on!!!

Primed them then painted them by brush with duplicolor bedliner, now when they chip I can just touch them up with a brush as I still have half a can left in the garage.

Also have all-pro expedition springs installed in the back, u-bolt flip kit.... brake lines will go on soon

I also have a canopy being painted at the moment with racks which will be great for work and camping, will hopefully have that on this week

Next mod is to replace another wheel bearing and in the next few months some 4.5" backspaced rims and some 33's or 34's
Old 04-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #24
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Mounted stock fog lights in the bumper

Got my new cap back on after paint.... it is not super pretty but I have lots of lockable dry storage now!

With the tall cap, roof racks and 4" lift in the back I can fit in my garage by about 1/2", with 33's on it might be tight!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #25
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
a quick snap, will take some better shots this weekend.

stealth custom series f5 wheels 16x8
gorilla lug nuts
mtz 285 75 R16

Got some trimming to do!

Old 07-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #26
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
the wheels look great!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #28
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
cool, I'll get some better pics with the SLR over the weekend.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #29
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Those wheels look great. Good to see a pair mounted up!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:47 PM   #30
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
some better shots of the new shoes

Old 08-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #32
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Got the new tires out on some dirt, had a good weekend camping at Enid Lake and exploring the area.

Need to chop my cab mounts though!

Old 01-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #33
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Finished mounting up my bumper, put lights back on etc. Thanks to the gear shop for helping get it re powder coated.

Before..

After..

Still have to mount my fogs but since both bulbs are toast I might put an led pod or something in there.

Just incase there was any confusion this is 4x4 Added a 'sockmonkey' retro decal

brap brap brap.... magnaflow offroad exhaust
Old 01-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #34
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Holly preload batman!!! but other than that I love the truck, pretty clean nicely done
Old 04-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #35
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
Holly preload batman!!! but other than that I love the truck, pretty clean nicely done
Got these to finally fix that problem! New 14" x 650lb eibach springs are being installed while the coil overs are getting rebuilt.

Also cleaning up the rust front end a bit with some POR15

And just pulled the trigger on a new CBI rear bumper
Old 05-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #36
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Well after over a month up on jack stands my truck is rolling again

I have freshly rebuilt coilovers with new eibach 14" x 650lb springs and replaced all the bushings in my UCA's. I have the same amount of lift now but with almost 2" less preload! The front end is nice and quiet again and riding oh so smooth! I also painted the frame and a bunch of things in the front with POR15 so it looks a bit prettier. I have removed the sway bar but yet to really test it out to see if I like it off.

Since I have a daily driver/work truck now I can turn this into more of a toy! Have a brand new hi lift in the garage just have to pick up some mounts from the gear shop, also have a new rear bumper ordered so should be on soon.....
Old 05-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #37
sly is on a distinguished road
sly's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 05-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #38
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
This is one of my favorite 2nd gens on this site! Well done man.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #39
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Finished work early so put in some new spot lights in the cut outs.

They are really bright!

Also have a hi lift mounted in the back now

Old 06-25-2013, 12:17 AM   #40
joeyha is on a distinguished road

Name: Joey
joeyha's Tacoma Gallery
How did you like that softopper? (besides not being as secure as your hard cap)