LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

n0rth's Tacoma build

Old 10-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #41
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
I was able to pick up the bumpers and swingout from CBI on Friday and got them unloaded late last night. Had a chance this morning to really take a look at them now that they are finished. Really pleased to see the ideas that I had CBI work into them, they turned out really close to what I had pictured in my head. So I can't wait to see them painted and on the truck currently rearranging the garage to visqueen a corner off and set up a mini paint booth. So here is the front bumper I had told them I wanted diamond plate and a roller fairlead this is how it came out. Here is a pic of it the first time I went to look at it and the next three are the final product. Sorry if the pics are a little fuzzy.

I plan on running a roller fairlead with cable but plan to eventually switch to a synthetic cable and Hawse fairlead. I have always run cable, but keep hearing good reviews on synthetic although I have run into some folks that do not like it. It looks a lot safer to me so we'll have to see.

Here is the rear bumper the swingout on this thing turned out amazing. I wanted to be able to haul my hitchrack for the bike and still have the spare with me. Another idea with this, was the ability to move the weight of the tire closer to the axle as opposed to being suspended out past the rear end of the truck all the time. So I asked CBI to build a flip in the tire carrier. Which led to making the fuel can movable as well which also gives the ability to run two cans in a tiregate configuration minus the tailgate. All I can say is I have multiple configurations in one bumper and that shows that CBI builds a quality product tailored to my needs and ideas. It is a lot of pics but here it is in a few different set ups, and it still has a few more tricks to be seen.

Well hopefully I can get my prep and paint work done this week and post some pics of all this metal on the truck rather than on the floor of the shop.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:15 AM   #42
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! That is so neat how versatile the rear is. I also like what you had done to the front. Certainly will stand out. If you need any help with the install and you don't want to bother Steve or he's not available hit me up.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:43 AM   #43
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Wow! That is so neat how versatile the rear is. I also like what you had done to the front. Certainly will stand out. If you need any help with the install and you don't want to bother Steve or he's not available hit me up.
Thanks, Your bumpers and sliders turned out really good I hope mine look as good when I get them on the truck. If I need some help I will definitely shoot you a PM since you just finished yours.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:46 AM   #44
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0rth View Post
Thanks, Your bumpers and sliders turned out really good I hope mine look as good when I get them on the truck. If I need some help I will definitely shoot you a PM since you just finished yours.
Thanks. I'll pm you my number if you want so you don't have to come inside and hop on the computer. It's easier when you have them in front of you.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #45
maestroz2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
maestroz2's Tacoma Gallery
I wish i could have got my 2010 pyrite mica in the tan/brown interior.

You can only get the graphite with the TRD models :-(
Old 10-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #46

n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
Here are a few pics of the front bumper and sliders. I finished it up on Sunday this is the first real chance to have some computer access I will post up what I have been able to finish in the last few weekends over the next few days.

I am really pleased with how the diamond plate and fairlead idea turned out and the sliders are downright beefy. I plan to work on the rear bumper next weekend. Thanks again for the help/comments and checking out the build
Old 10-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #48

n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's sick! Did you put any tube around the brake lines?
Are you talking about the brake lines on the drivers side frame rail for the sliders?
Old 10-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #50

n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah. The ones that touch the bolt slightly.
No, I ran them on each side of the square washers after breaking the center portion out the plastic clip for the lines it made them pretty easy to route. If they do rub I will definitely add rubber hose, I'll check it when I go back and torque everything back up after getting some miles on the truck.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #51
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
No, I ran them on each side of the square washers after breaking the center portion out the plastic clip for the lines it made them pretty easy to route. If they do rub I will definitely add rubber hose, I'll check it when I go back and torque everything back up after getting some miles on the truck.
Yeah I broke a couple clips. The hose is a good idea. Cheap insurance.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #52

n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I broke a couple clips. The hose is a good idea. Cheap insurance.
Definitely a good idea, I will plan on doing that this weekend. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #54

n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at that thread awhile back it was a big help on drilling the frame I must have glossed right over that part about the hose. I split the lines above and below the washer.

For the winch we used a scrap piece of 1/2 inch channel and used the upper radiator bushing bolt on the crossmember and ran the channel into a hole on the lower crossmember that was a tight fit. Kinda hard to describe but it is pretty solid and doesn't affect radiator or require drilling a bunch of new holes. We did have to mount the box upside down but you don't really notice as it is hidden in the grill it also saved us from extending any of the wires. I don't have any pictures of it but you can see the solenoid on the passenger side of the grill in a few of the pics.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #55
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
I looked at that thread awhile back it was a big help on drilling the frame I must have glossed right over that part about the hose. I split the lines above and below the washer.

For the winch we used a scrap piece of 1/2 inch channel and used the upper radiator bushing bolt on the crossmember and ran the channel into a hole on the lower crossmember that was a tight fit. Kinda hard to describe but it is pretty solid and doesn't affect radiator or require drilling a bunch of new holes. We did have to mount the box upside down but you don't really notice as it is hidden in the grill it also saved us from extending any of the wires. I don't have any pictures of it but you can see the solenoid on the passenger side of the grill in a few of the pics.
Yeah I saw it that's what made me ask. That's a good way to do it because the plug for the remote is right there.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #56
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
are you going to use the MTRs in the snow?
Old 10-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #57

n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I saw it that's what made me ask. That's a good way to do it because the plug for the remote is right there.
I like where it is located my buddy Ryan is the one who came up with the idea and piece of scrap to mount it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
are you going to use the MTRs in the snow?
I'm not sure yet the BFG's suck in the snow but I may have them siped and see how they do or I might just go for the MTR's. I know they do pretty well in the snow I had a set last winter on one of the trucks at work. So we'll see I still have a set of stock rims so the BFG's would go on those and the MTR's on the TRD wheels that way I have a choice between the two.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:15 PM   #58
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I like where it is located my buddy Ryan is the one who came up with the idea and piece of scrap to mount it there.

I'm not sure yet the BFG's suck in the snow but I may have them siped and see how they do or I might just go for the MTR's. I know they do pretty well in the snow I had a set last winter on one of the trucks at work. So we'll see I still have a set of stock rims so the BFG's would go on those and the MTR's on the TRD wheels that way I have a choice between the two.
nice. im curious because i might be moving to a place that has a lot of snow.(duluth,mn) and would prolly trade up for a 4x4 so i would want something that has MTs and wanna know whats best in snow
Old 10-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #59

n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
nice. im curious because i might be moving to a place that has a lot of snow.(duluth,mn) and would prolly trade up for a 4x4 so i would want something that has MTs and wanna know whats best in snow
I would look at the Duratracs they are awesome in the snow, and seem to be really good all around tires. If you move to Duluth MN check out the Saratoga Club that is the only place I can remember from the time I was there.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #60
Prepared for Bambi

It's hard to tell from your pics if you still have it on but the bar under the grill is removable and would probably make winch access easier plus it looks better. If you want to take it off it makes it 10x easier if you remove the grill. There are 2 bolts on the ends and 2 in the middle. Then you could cut off the center piece but leave the part that the grill centers itself on. Refer to my gallery to see exactly what I'm talking about.