Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Kyouto42's Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #23
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecr6cyl10 View Post
Super Nice truck and clean looking. Glad to have someone else here in Maricopa with a Tacoma that uses it.
Thanks man, it's a rare sight out here huh?
Old 05-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #24
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
you need to crank the front up man, and come back so we can wheel together
Old 05-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #25
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
you need to crank the front up man, and come back so we can wheel together
no way man. looks mean as fuck with the nose down a bit like that. aggressive stance.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:54 PM   #26
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
you need to crank the front up man
X2! level that bad boy out!

Very nice truck man! I'm jealous!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #28
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
truck looks great! good job
Thanks man, you have a nice truck yourself!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:07 AM   #29
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
I know we talked about this on the all pro thread, but I wanted to double check about those expo leaf packs.

Your rear is definitely alot higher than the front, which makes me think maybe I should just get the regular leaf pack and keep it a little more level.

Do you have any thoughts on this? I know 3" is about the max I can lift the front, what do you have your front set to?

Thanks man. Youve been real helpful before.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:22 AM   #30
Iron Beard

My front is set at the same from the box, there is more than enough room to level it out. Just, now that it's installed I need a skinny coil compressor to relieve the tension to actually lift the front end up and I haven't got around to it. I did develop some pretty mean Taco lean but I was able to correct it with the driver front coil by raising it up a bit (about 3/4" or so on the threads, all I could do without a compressor). I'm not overly worried about it because I don't really mind the lean, it's aggressive and when I load the truck down heavy or a heavy trailer it'll get closer to level anyway Even when I do get around to leveling it I still want maybe a 1" lean (lower front) just for that reason so I don't get a bro lean every time I load it up. That said, it takes a LOT to get these expo's to sag down so...

Side note... Fox doesn't sent out a spanner wrench with the front coils. The Icon ones do work though. All I did was just pick up a cheap screwdriver pack at Ace, found a philips of the proper diameter, dremmeled off the tip and bam... $5 spanner with extra screwdrivers to boot.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #31
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
My front is set at the same from the box, there is more than enough room to level it out. Just, now that it's installed I need a skinny coil compressor to relieve the tension to actually lift the front end up and I haven't got around to it. I did develop some pretty mean Taco lean but I was able to correct it with the driver front coil by raising it up a bit (about 3/4" or so on the threads, all I could do without a compressor). I'm not overly worried about it because I don't really mind the lean, it's aggressive and when I load the truck down heavy or a heavy trailer it'll get closer to level anyway Even when I do get around to leveling it I still want maybe a 1" lean (lower front) just for that reason so I don't get a bro lean every time I load it up. That said, it takes a LOT to get these expo's to sag down so...

Side note... Fox doesn't sent out a spanner wrench with the front coils. The Icon ones do work though. All I did was just pick up a cheap screwdriver pack at Ace, found a philips of the proper diameter, dremmeled off the tip and bam... $5 spanner with extra screwdrivers to boot.
yea the icon spanners are like $30 each

thats a good idea.. i might have to do the same.
my front passenger side is at 3 1/4 and my front driver side is at 2 3/4 even though the exact same amount of threads are exposed on each.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #32
Iron Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
yea the icon spanners are like $30 each

thats a good idea.. i might have to do the same.
my front passenger side is at 3 1/4 and my front driver side is at 2 3/4 even though the exact same amount of threads are exposed on each.
Yup, that's the Taco lean man. Battery, driver, fuel tank.. all on the same side. Weight distribution side to side is horrible lol.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #33
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Bro mod day when you come back from the trip
Old 08-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #34
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Did your All-Pro fairlead come with the mounting hardware?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:48 AM   #35
Iron Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Did your All-Pro fairlead come with the mounting hardware?
Nope actually... went to ace and picked some up. Kinda weak... lol
Old 08-14-2011, 12:51 AM   #36
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack

cmack's Tacoma Gallery
nlame!
Old 08-21-2011, 02:16 PM   #37

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
pm sent. question about bottom of fox shock mount.. wider than mounting location?
Old 08-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #38
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Sick looking truck, like the build man!
Old 08-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #39
Iron Beard

Thanks man, nice truck yourself!
Old 08-21-2011, 11:39 PM   #40
Iron Beard

Just realized I didn't even have a pic after Avid Off-Road's sliders were installed! Painted with Rustoleum hammer finish (and primed with Rustoleum)

Also have the AllPro rear bumper installed, will have to get some action shots

Products Discussed in this Thread