Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Kyouto42's Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2011, 01:10 AM   #41
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
How much cab mount you got chopped after that pic above? I need to take my sway bar off!
Old 10-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #42
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
i think it's time to update OP!
Old 10-19-2011, 10:55 PM   #43
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I probably should eh? lol

Also, I haven't chopped anything more since the original chop. I do hit the body pinch mount and I need to beat it back but that's about it (minus some plastic and fender flare on turn)
Old 11-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #44
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea I think I'll update this soon haha
Old 11-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #45
Hittn' easy steet on mud tires
Jez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jez's Tacoma Gallery
Hey nice rig! I have the same fox set up ready to be installed in a couple of weeks....what height are you running on those coilovers and were you able to level it out? Diff drop or no?
Old 11-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #46
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man, keep up the good work, btw that bumper looks awesome
Old 11-10-2011, 01:33 AM   #47
Iron Beard

I haven't adjusted my coilovers yet as I need to put the winch on first so the weight is correct. No diff drop, those are absolutely pointless and counter productive for off roading. CVs are a wear item, and they are built to take angles more than the average TW member gives them credit.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:14 AM   #48
Hittn' easy steet on mud tires
Jez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
I haven't adjusted my coilovers yet as I need to put the winch on first so the weight is correct. No diff drop, those are absolutely pointless and counter productive for off roading. CVs are a wear item, and they are built to take angles more than the average TW member gives them credit.
That is what I have been getting from most on the diff drop....then there are those who think the world will end if you don't. I wasn't planning on it just looking for another opinion from someone WITH this set up.

Thanks man
Old 12-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #49
Iron Beard

Updated mod list (and wish list lol) I'll add a few more pics too for the hell of it.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #50
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #51
Iron Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
:shrug: Just updating is all. Once I get the new mods installed it'll be better lol.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #52
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-19-2011, 09:25 PM   #53
Iron Beard

Pffttt whatever 3.4slow boy :P
Old 12-19-2011, 10:20 PM   #55
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #56
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: space ship door gunner
Name: Austin
ffemt2987's Tacoma Gallery
Hey did you have any fitment issues with the 2nd gen skid plate with the 1st gen bumper?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #57
Wpsemple is on a distinguished road
Army:
Wpsemple's Tacoma Gallery
Tires

Awesome truck. How did you fit the 285's?
Old 01-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #58
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Niceeeeeeee truck man
Old 01-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #59
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
wow jake.. you've been swarmed by noobs.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemt2987 View Post
Hey did you have any fitment issues with the 2nd gen skid plate with the 1st gen bumper?
I believe it is the first generation of All Pro's 2005+ Front Bumper. A bumper for a 1st generation Tacoma will not fit a 2nd generation Tacoma... generally speaking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpsemple View Post
Awesome truck. How did you fit the 285's?
Cab Mount chop and remove mud flaps and some plastic fender liners....?

... and atleast a small lift?
Old 01-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #60
Iron Beard

Yea, what Josh said. It's the first gen 05+ AllPro bumper (before the revised extra clearence one). There is absolutely no issue running them together, no modifications required.

The 285's fit pretty ok. I do have an approx 3" lift with the Fox's and expo pack. The front is still sagging as I haven't cranked it yet (still lol). They do rub up front.. but eh. I did the cab mount chop (barely hit on full flex) and cut a bunch of inner fender plastic back. It's hard to get NO rub on these trucks, but it's enough it hasn't jacked my tires up much at all.

Also, this is from today

Products Discussed in this Thread