Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Kyouto42's Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Kyouto42's Build

2010 TRD Off-Road 4x4 Double Cab, Black Sand Pearl: "Gypsy Danger" (Updated November 18th, 2012)

Current setup picture:

Mods Currently Installed -
Interior:
- Wet Okole Seat covers (Charcoal/Black with Black head rests, black/red TRD Off-Road logo, no piping, center console cover, both seats have pockets)
- Weathertech floorliners (black)
- Ultragauge
- Light up 4x4 switch
- Plastiderp'd some interior, will do actual black out painting.
- Kenwood KDC (will update, forget off top of my head lol)
- Metra double-din adaptor
- TATO adapter + steering wheel controls

Communications:
- Cobra 75 CB
- 3' Firestik Antenna

Armor:
- AllPro front bumper with lightbar and shackles (first generation bumper)
- AllPro IFS skid plate (second generation)
- AllPro transmission skid
- AllPro Rear Bumper + Side skirts (sides still need install)
- AllPro Transfer Case/Exhaust skid
- Avid Off-Road Hybrid DOM Sliders with kickout
- Boztec Rear Diff skid (Powdercoated at AZ Powdercoat)
- Pre-runner style tire gate with full matched spare

Recovery:
- HiLift mounted to a bed bar
- Fire Extinguisher + quick release mount (from SDHQ)
- TJM shackles mounted to all four points on AllPro bumpers.
- ARB Recovery kit
- Warn VR-8000 Winch
- Harbor Freight (beater) recovery strap

Exterior:
- Rear Diff breather mod (to gas area)
- Debadged
- Chrome grill painted BSP and satoshi (need to redo it at some point though)
- In-channel window visors
- Stickers: AllPro on rear window and IFS skid, Tread Lightly sticker on rear window, SDHQ (rear window), Toyoda (rear window), ICON,

Suspension/Tires:
- Icon CDC 2.5" Remote Resi coil-overs front with 700lb Springs
- Total Chaos UCA's (stock length)
- Total Chaos Race LCA (stock length)
- Wheeler's Superbumps on front
- Icon Hydro Bumps rear
- Icon 2.5" CDC remote resis on the rear
- AllPro Expedition leaf pack
- AllPro U-Bolt Flip Kit
- ProComp 7089 16" with 4.5" backspace (including spare). TPMS mounted
- Hankook Dynopro MTs, 315/75/R16 on all 5, black-out
- Shanked wheel locks on all corners
- 930 Bates CV boots (inner)
- Synergy 1.5" hub-centric spacers

Performance:
- AFE Si2 CAI with Pro 5 S and pre filter
- Every oil change: Mobile 1 Synthetic with a K&N oil filter
- TRD Catback
- Doug Thorley long tube headers
- AFE Stage 2 si intake (with Prodry S filter and pre-filter installed)
- URD O2 Simulator
- Stainless steel brake lines

Lighting:
- BHLM (Anzo)
- Lifetime LED's for headlight bulbs
- Rear Blitzpro dust lights ( http://blitzpro.com/amber-led-dust-light.html )
- LED license plate lighting (Autozone strips)
- LED replacement backup lights
- 50" Rigid E-Series on roof (all spot, Sierra Expeditions mounts, whistle isolators from Rigid)
- 20" Rigid E-Series on bumper
- Vision-X Amber pods on bumper
- Interior LED's for all lighting

Mods to Install/complete (Have on hand):
- ARB Onboard air
- BlueSea fuse box + breaker
- Vision-X Tarantula rock light system
- Underhood LED lighting
- Bedside LED lighting
- Maglite holder
- Satoshi Grill

Mods for future consideration:
- Ham radio setup
- Red coated valve covers (cause I can)
- NST lightweight pullys
- Modify y-pipe to eliminate drop
- Storage setup of some type for recovery gear
- Bed rack with "x brand here" ARB style roof tent. Also want to have fuel/water storage built into it, recovery gear, and such.
- Roof Rack (Toyota) with cage, two remote control HID spotlights
- Strobes (for off road use only on faster back trails). Probably green or something obviously not cop-ish.
- Sound deadening
- Dual batt?
- Under bed storage modification? (Thinking for some basic tools or something, possibly open and lock via the top side of the bed)
- Secondary front shocks (plus upper mount)
- McNeal flares and bedsides

Current work needed (more for my notes):
- Wire aux lights and create switch panel in cab
- Inspect a/c compressor (suspect clutch is failing)
- Repolish/repair exhaust tip
- Dump exhaust over axle with exhaust tip relocation
- Install Vision X ambers
- Single Din Radio + Fit Kit + Switches (front amber/rear amber/50"/20"/Rock/bed/usb charging)
- 3M interior cf wrap for some panels
- Black paint for some trim pieces
- Repaint rear bumper
- Re-powdercoat front bumper
- Repair wheel speed sensors
- Replace clock spring
- Install bike mount

280Z Build tasks (cause, why not)
To get it running
- New radiator from ArizonaZCar
- New radiator fan/shroud (custom LS1 fan + home made shroud)
- New carb (probably a new 4 barrel)
- Full tune and transmission adjustment
- Full fluids service + rear diff inspection
- Battery charge
- Plugs
- Starter replacement with relay re-location
- Gauges + wiring
- Suspension (new coilovers) Maybe http://thmotorsports.com/tokico/toki.../i-526310.aspx
- Change all bushings to poly (already have kit)

Stuff to add/change
- A/C compressor + plumbing to cabin blower and such
- T-56 6 speed + supporting hardware and custom mounting/driveshaft/ect
- Possible LS1 swap, or RB...
- Fuel cell (maybe)
- Front and rear brace bars
- New wheels and tires and size changes (TBD)

Exterior
- Strip body down, fix all holes/imperfections, repaint
- Find front bumper (240z style bar)
- LED secondary lighting
- Projector retrofit
- Fix rear body panel shave
- Roll fenders and fix ZG flares
- Undercoat car

Interior
- Lizardskin interior metal coating
- Sound system (in the air, I do have infinity reference speakers, maybe android tablet?)
- Crash roll bar + harness mounts
- Aftermarket seats (already purchased)
- Gauges
- Electric door locks and windows
- Tint windows
Old 09-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pictures

First time out in the dirt to test 4x4 components (nothing serious lol)

Rear Diff breather install location:

AllPro Front Bumper installed:

Firestick and reciever hitch (taken at 2010 ATOM):

Front shackles:

Sunday, October 31st, 2010
Installed Wet Okole's front/rear.
  • [li]Charcoal Center (#11)[/li]
    [li]Black Head Rests[/li]
    [li]Center Console Cover installed properly[/li]
    [li]Front/rear[/li]
    [li]Front "TRD OFF ROAD" logo with TRD in black, OFF ROAD in red. Really wanted it all black but it's all WO had...[/li]

Now my interior is weather resistant I just need to do the arm rest mod and relocate the Cobra 75 connection from the center console to the last remaining open switch spot in the center of the dash below the A/C controls (next to A-TRAC and AUX).

[hr]
Previous whip (RIP) (2008 TRD Off-Road PreRunner, totalled out due to another running a red light):

New images (after lift/tires):

Front will probably be leveled out after I get back to AZ. I need to pick up some spanners and I want to allow the suspension to settle first.

April 23rd, 2011 Update -
Stuffed the full sized spare in last night. Had to cut off the two retention tabs from the stock setup, and then I have to pull on the wheel with my feet toward the back and lock it in at a slight angle to clear the diff. It works though, barely!

Thursday, November 10, 2011
There's been some updates, been lagging behind on updating lol. Avid Offroad DOM hybrid kick sliders for one, AllPro rear bumper, new shackles from Sierra Expeditions, and I had to move the tire into the bed as it didn't clear with the new rear bumper. Oh, and I got rear ended...

This is what happens when a Silverado fails to stop at a red light at around 15-20mph.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
Iron Beard

reserved 2
Old 09-20-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
Iron Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
nice truck man
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
great start Jake
Thanks guys, it's getting there
Old 09-20-2010, 04:16 PM   #7
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Before I read the title on the last pic, I thought your truck shrunk. hahaha.
Nice truck.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:08 PM   #8
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a great build. Your truck gots potential and i know it will be pulling me out of some sticky situations on future trail runs.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:11 PM   #9
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet Truck!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:46 PM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Great start man... looking forward to seeing its progress

Pretty soon you''ll have a kicks TW Sticker MOD
Old 05-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #11
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
looks like you have some updating to do
Old 05-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #12
Iron Beard

Yea, actually my build thread is on another site, I'll redirect to it in the next few days
Old 05-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #13
Iron Beard

Actually, I just copied it over, first post updated
Old 05-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #14
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trucks lookin' MEAN!
Old 05-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #15
Iron Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Trucks lookin' MEAN!
Thanks Scott, she's getting there :P PM'd avid for some DOM kick sliders... hopefully I can get those soon.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Thanks Scott, she's getting there :P PM'd avid for some DOM kick sliders... hopefully I can get those soon.
very nice!
Old 05-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #17
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #18
GatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura about

Name: Robby
GatorComa's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck man i like it a lot. once you get the front back level it'll be about perfect
Old 05-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #19
Iron Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorComa View Post
nice truck man i like it a lot. once you get the front back level it'll be about perfect
Thanks man. There will still be some rake with front lower after I get the coilovers adjusted. Unfortunately it's more of a pain than I hoped, since I'm going to have to remove the coils to adjust :mutters: Though before pulling them off I have one more thing to possibly try hah. I do like a little front rake as, I do use it as a truck and I hate the socal bro lean. It should be level around 5-600lbs in the bed though when done.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #20
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
She looks good with the lift and new wheels!

Products Discussed in this Thread