Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Ilg's

Old 09-21-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
VanCity Taco.
ilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to behold

ilg's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow Ilg's Build

Well I figured it was about that time, I finally feel I have done enough modifications to my truck to warrant it's own build thread.

I have also received way to many wheel questions, so I figured it would just be easier to point people here than answer questions every time.

I still have to gather up the various photos from all the mods and different states, but this should be a good start.

BASE
  • 2009 TRD Off Road 4x4
  • Magnetic Grey Metallic
  • Access Cab
  • 4.0L V6
  • 6 speed Manual
  • Tow Package

INTERIOR
  • Custom Two Tone Seat Covers
  • Alpine X-100 iPod Headunit
  • JL 10W3
  • Alpine MRV-T420 Amp
  • Black Weathertech Floormats
  • Matte Black Vinyl Wrapped Cup Holder
  • Rear Seat Headrests Removed
  • Gloss Black Painted Factory Subwoofer Cover
  • TRD Shift Knob (locktited instead of that stupid nut they give you)

EXTERIOR
  • Colour Matched Grill
  • Matte Black Vinyl Wrapped Lower Valence
  • Matte Black Vinyl Wrapped Rear Bumper (No More Chrome!)
  • Lamin-x Yellow Foglight Film
  • Front Matte Black Toyota Logo
  • Debadged
  • Tacoma Bedmat
  • 8 Inch Antenna
  • Black Chrome TRD Badge on Tailgate

SUSPENSION
  • Bilstein 5100s set at 2.5 inches
  • Toytec AAL (for TSB/Canadian springs)

WHEELS & TIRES
  • American Eagle Alloy 187 Wheels in 16x8
  • 265/75/R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac (Load Range C)

MISC
  • Fisheye Blindspot Mirrors
  • AVS Vent Visors
  • Water Sealed & Locking Bed Compartments

NEXT/WORKING ON
  • Downward facing custom built sub box to replace rear centre console
  • Aftermarket front and rear bumpers
  • Lightbar & lights
  • Short shift kit
  • Relentless Fabrication Sliders (Have, just need to install)

PICTURES

May 2009
Just after I picked up the truck.

Summer 2010
Wheels and Tires

Fall 2010
Installed 5100s at 2.5 inches

Summer 2011
Long after AAL install

Summer 2012

Old 09-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!
Old 11-14-2010, 02:13 AM   #4
TacoStateOfMind
TacoStateOfMind is a splendid one to beholdTacoStateOfMind is a splendid one to beholdTacoStateOfMind is a splendid one to beholdTacoStateOfMind is a splendid one to beholdTacoStateOfMind is a splendid one to beholdTacoStateOfMind is a splendid one to beholdTacoStateOfMind is a splendid one to beholdTacoStateOfMind is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nicole
TacoStateOfMind's Tacoma Gallery
"November 6th, 2010: Installed 5100s at 2.5"
At least you have a good excuse for not calling me on my birthday.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:22 AM   #5
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Sleek.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:34 AM   #6
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoStateOfMind View Post
"November 6th, 2010: Installed 5100s at 2.5"
At least you have a good excuse for not calling me on my birthday.
lol.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:27 AM   #7
Munilla is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
Munilla's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck. I really like those rims and that color match grill looks so much better then the original.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:58 AM   #8
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Good choice on rims!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:07 AM   #10
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
lookin good
Old 05-04-2011, 03:51 AM   #12
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good man! Quick question, did you just set the 5100s to 2.5 without installing an AAL, TSB, or anything else? I like the way your lift looks and I just ordered the billies
Old 05-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
VanCity Taco.
ilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to behold

ilg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
Looking good man! Quick question, did you just set the 5100s to 2.5 without installing an AAL, TSB, or anything else? I like the way your lift looks and I just ordered the billies
Yeah, the billies are at 2.5. No lift in the rear, although that is coming soon. The truck however is Canadian, so it comes from the factory with the TSB leafs
Old 05-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #14
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck looks great! I was wondering, where do you get the vinyl for the rear bumper? Did you do it yourself?
Old 05-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #15
Casey31 will become famous soon enoughCasey31 will become famous soon enough

Name: Casey
Casey31's Tacoma Gallery
Love the wheel and tire setup! Any spacers? Trimming?
Old 05-17-2011, 07:57 AM   #16
VanCity Taco.

ilg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatacomaTRD View Post
Your truck looks great! I was wondering, where do you get the vinyl for the rear bumper? Did you do it yourself?
I just went to a local art store. It came in 14inch wide rolls and I ordered something like 16 feet (extra in case I messed up). Only cost about 15 bucks. The hard part was putting it on, but with some help and a heat gun (or hair dryer) and it should be fairly easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey31 View Post
Love the wheel and tire setup! Any spacers? Trimming?
Nope, no spacers, just the 4.5 backspacing on the wheels. I had to trim a little off the inside of the mudflaps when it was still stock height. But since the raise, it has not rubbed at all
Old 02-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #17
tinmancrow is on a distinguished road
tinmancrow's Tacoma Gallery
Will those Eagle Alloys fit on stock wheels?
Old 02-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #18
tinmancrow is on a distinguished road
tinmancrow's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. I meant stock tires?
Old 06-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #19
TacomaMatt is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
TacomaMatt's Tacoma Gallery
Looks real sharp!!! Any alignment problems with the 5100s at 2.5"?
Old 09-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #20
VanCity Taco.

ilg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaMatt View Post
Looks real sharp!!! Any alignment problems with the 5100s at 2.5"?
Nope, none at all!