LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

CoreyJon's Build

Old 09-23-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
CoreyJon's Build

I live in the North East, and I like to go and play even when the weather turns for the worse, I especially like to play in the snow. I'm not trying to build the ultimate Mall Crawler, or the next Baja Winner (Not that I wouldn't like a truck like that). My goals are a bit more modest. I'm looking for 2" or so overall lift, with a level to very slightly nose down (not the inch there is now) with a firmer more responsive suspension which may make up for the softer All-Weather tires I'm experimenting with now. It's equal parts look as it is utility.

Parts/Mods:
1) 165/70R17 Nokian WRg2 All-Weather tires on TRD Sport wheels

Parts ordered/about to order:
1) Billstein 5100 front and rear
2) Wheelers Off-Road 1.5" 3-Leaf progressive rate AAL

Long Term:
1) Really looking at that Avid Light Bar
2) BHLM
3) Satoshi Grill
4) Ultra gauge or Scan gauge

Nokian WRg2 All-Weather Tire Review:

I got the Nokians mounted today and so far these things stick to the ground like tank treads, so since there are always trade offs here is what I've found. On dry asphalt these things grip, but because of the softer nature of tread compound they are not as responsive as the Dunlops were (although they were like slicks - could whip the rear end around any turn with almost no effort). They seem to have balanced without any problems (there are no weights on the rear tires), and they ride very quite. I'm running 38 Psi in the front and rear for now. I'll definitely update this once I hit some weather.

Now that I've got the 165/70R17's on there - the truck already looks much better, the tires fill out the wheel wells, and it looks almost like this was the way the truck was supposed to come.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
T0y0ta05 is on a distinguished road

T0y0ta05's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at the same exact tires this time last year as a replacement to the OEM tires, but forturnately I had enough tread left to go another year. However, I remember those tires being really expensive. I believe around $185 out the door so I'd be curious what you paid and where you got them. I also wonder how well they will wear/last given the softer tread compound used for the additional grip. On a side note, why did you go with the taller tire (70)? I suspect they didn't make our OEM size (65) at the time of your purchase? Checking their website shows our size in there though. http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=1...okian+WRG2+SUV FWIW, I think your tire size above should be 265 and not 165? Last question, did you consider the SUV tire from Nokian as well? I suspect they are cheaper? http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=1...=Nokian+WR+SUV