Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

EXTREMACHN1's TRD SPORT DCSB 4x4 6spd build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
EXTREMACHN1's TRD SPORT DCSB 4x4 6spd build

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
So how is here my truck sits today!

MOD LIST DONE:
PERFORMANCE
TRD Supercharger
AFE CAI
Magnaflow cat back exhaust
URD 2.85" S/C under drive pulley

SUSPENSION
Fox Racing 2.5 Rem Res Coil overs
Front Timbren bump stop
Total Chaos upper control arms
Extended brake lines F/R
Allpro Expo leaf pack
Fox Racing 2.0 extended Rem Res shocks
Allpro u-bolt flip kit
Rear Timbren bump stop

WHEELS/TIRES
Method Race Wheel Double Standard 16x8
Fierce Attitude 285/75-R16 M/T

INTERIOR
Wet Okole seat covers front and rear
Weathertech floormats front and rear
20% tint on all side and rear window
40% tint on front window

SOUND SYSTEM
Stock JBL

ARMOR
CBI Offroad custom front bumper
CBI Offroad custom swing away tire carrier rear bumper
Avid Offroad weld on sliders
Allpro IFS skid plate
Allpro transmission skid plate
Allpro transfercase skid plate

EXTERIOR
Bestop Supertop
Completely de-badged and de-stickered

LIGHTING
Stock

FUTURE MODS
TRD Short throw shifter (parts in hand)
Warn 9.5xp winch with Viking 3/8 synthetic winch line (parts in hand)
Supercharger intercooler pump relocation
Rigid 20" LED light bar
Dual battery setup
ARB Front and Rear selectable locker
ARB onboard compressor
4.11 gears front and rear
35x12.5-R16 tires
Cut and modified fender and flares to fit 35" tires

This is how my truck started, about 1 week after I bought it and the supercharger was installed!!!
Hey all, I recently traded in my access cab for a double cab sport. I got one of the last 2010 4x4 DCSB 6spd left on the west coast. Here are some pics of stuff I have done with it already as well as some parts I am getting put on this week and a list of parts that are on there way. Enjoy the pics and build.

My TRD 5 spoke offroad wheels and Cooper STT 265/70/R16. I took the mudflaps off because I hate them. I want to go with either 265/75/R16 or 285/75/R16 next.

I went with dark tint on my side & back windows and a bit of a tint on my windshield. I also went with the AVS window vents and hood shield

Here is my Mangnaflow cat back exhaust and rear TSB springs. I love the sound...

Here is my dog hammock for the rear seat for my dog. Awsome investment.

Here is the icing on the cake.... TRD SUPERCHARGER and CAI.

I also have a TRD short throw shifter installed, no pics of it though.

Here is a list of parts I have and a list of stuff on order that should be here in the next week:

5100's set at 2.75 and toytec 1.5" AAL

Underdrive pulley for supercharger. It will change it from a 3" to a 2.75" for a few extra pounds of boost.

AVID front bumper (painted flat black)
AVID side steps (painted flat black)
WET OKOLE seat covers... ALL BLACK

Here is my list of future mods before the end of the year...
Gonna debadge and de-sticker the truck here soon. Not going t
o put them back on, jsut straight de-badge.
Grillcraft grill and lover grill
Paint the lower valance middle flat black.
DT headers (not long tube, to much hassle at the moment)
Bestop soft top
Blacked out head lights and tail lights
TRD skid plate

I will add more pics as I get the parts and put them on.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Im diggin the Dog Hammok...Whered ya get that?
Old 09-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
Glockman11 is on a distinguished road
Glockman11's Tacoma Gallery
Looks very good! Which magnaflow did you go with? Does it sound deep or like a ricecar? I have always had flowmaster w/ a V8. Not sure how they sound w/ a V6.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

Navy: US NAVY SEABEE CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC
Name: Adam
08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Wow nice build you've got goin. Looks like a good start
Old 09-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #5
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Im diggin the Dog Hammok...Whered ya get that?
I got it at autoanything. Its an awesome purchase, only like $40-50 I think.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockman11 View Post
Looks very good! Which magnaflow did you go with? Does it sound deep or like a ricecar? I have always had flowmaster w/ a V8. Not sure how they sound w/ a V6.
I am not exactly sure which one I got. I actually had the TRD exhaust thrown in with the purchase but it was backordered so they offered me the Magnaflow and i went with it.

At start up, idle, and off idle it sounds great. Then it has a nice deep rumble until about 2500 when the supercharger noise overpowers the exhaust sound so I dont really know what it sounds like at higher RPMs.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:58 PM   #7
LoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud of

Name: Jeff
LoHoNas's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! Could you let us know some details on the hammock, that looks like a nice mod.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:58 PM   #8
LoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud of

Name: Jeff
LoHoNas's Tacoma Gallery
thanks.... I was a little slow
Old 09-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08PRELB View Post
Wow nice build you've got goin. Looks like a good start

Thanks... What part of SD you at? I was born and raised in Pacific Beach. I left there when I joined the military.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:01 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoHoNas View Post
thanks.... I was a little slow
LoL No worries, here is the link. http://www.autoanything.com/pet-travel/69A5405A0A0.aspx

It isnt a 100% perfect fit but it does the job nicely.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #11
Eurosport has a spectacular aura aboutEurosport has a spectacular aura about
Eurosport's Tacoma Gallery
nice diablo corsa IIIs
Old 09-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurosport View Post
nice diablo corsa IIIs

Yep, that is on my Ducati Hypermotard. I also have a 998, MV Agusta F4 312 RR, KDX 220SR, and a quad to play with. The supercharged Taco gets me to the track nicely.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #13
Some of my toys...

Old 09-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #14
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
5100's set at 2.75 and toytec 1.5" AAL

Looking forward to seeing this setup!!! You did mean 5100's set at 2.5 not 2.75 right???
Old 09-24-2010, 03:11 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntark03 View Post
Looking forward to seeing this setup!!! You did mean 5100's set at 2.5 not 2.75 right???
Yea, 2.5"
Old 01-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #16
UPDATE

Well I am finally returning from Afghanistan next week and I have a TON of parts to put on my truck.

As well as the 5100's, Toytec 1.5" AAL, 2.75" S/C underdrive pulley I never got a chance to put on. I now have the AVID step bars and light bar (both going a black with texture), black wet okole seat covers for front and back seats, Toytec/Eibach lift springs, black Bestop soft top, and TRD short throw shifter all sitting at home waiting for me to install them. I cant wait.

The plan is also to de-badge the truck, paint the lower valence black. Keep your eyes open for updated picture in the next 3-4 weeks. I will also update with more pictures of my toys and my Taco all together.

The only plan I really have in the future after this is slightly bigger tires, either 265/75R16 or 285/75R16. I cant wait to get home and do this all.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #18
jkcb2011 is on a distinguished road
Army: Canadian Army
jkcb2011's Tacoma Gallery
Black wet okole seat covers

Hey, I am looking at getting black wet okole seat covers for front and back as well. Let me know what you think of yours, are they difficult to keep looking clean, particularly with the dog around?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Well I am finally returning from Afghanistan next week and I have a TON of parts to put on my truck.

As well as the 5100's, Toytec 1.5" AAL, 2.75" S/C underdrive pulley I never got a chance to put on. I now have the AVID step bars and light bar (both going a black with texture), black wet okole seat covers for front and back seats, Toytec/Eibach lift springs, black Bestop soft top, and TRD short throw shifter all sitting at home waiting for me to install them. I cant wait.

The plan is also to de-badge the truck, paint the lower valence black. Keep your eyes open for updated picture in the next 3-4 weeks. I will also update with more pictures of my toys and my Taco all together.

The only plan I really have in the future after this is slightly bigger tires, either 265/75R16 or 285/75R16. I cant wait to get home and do this all.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:57 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcb2011 View Post
Hey, I am looking at getting black wet okole seat covers for front and back as well. Let me know what you think of yours, are they difficult to keep looking clean, particularly with the dog around?

Thanks
The black wet okole's arent hard to keep clean with my dog as he is a chocolete lab. I have two white cats and there hair gets on EVERYTHING though. But a lint roller picks it all up.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:02 AM   #20
So I dropped my truck off at Pacific Truck Performance the other day. They will be installing my bilstien 5100's, eibach springs, and toytec AAL while I am out of town. I should get about 2 1/2" of lift out of it. Plus they are installing my avid steps and light bar after they coat them with line x.

I also installed my bestop soft top, pictures soon to follow. I am not 100% satisfied with it right now though.

Products Discussed in this Thread