Sound Deadening: RAAMmat BXT II

For starters I did pretty much the same as this tutorial:
09 Double Cab Complete Audio Makeover

I followed this guide for the install of the PAC SWI-PS:
www.pac-audio.com

This is the resistor soldered into place:

I also bypassed the head unit's video protection using this link:
Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD Bypass
Its pretty straight forward and I forgot to take picks of my install.

Head Unit installed:

Wire runs through center console and under passenger dash:

Interior removed:

I decided to have all my wires for the speakers meet in the well located under the access cab seats. The amp wire runs along the driver side molding.

Rear speakers are actually in the roof (left them there). I chose to mount Pioneers in the access cab doors. This is how the the doors looked once the panels were removed. The plastic covers make good templates for the rear speaker mounts.

RAAMmat BXT II installed. Great product and easy to install.

Speaker amp is under the drivers side seat and the sub amp is under passenger side seat. There was plenty of space under the drivers seat but the passenger side seat had a bar that barely cleared the amp.

I used this link to solder the factory XM antena to the GEX-P920XM. I followed the wire from the factory location under the dash to the rear driver side pillar.

Speaker mounts fabricated out of 3/4" mdf:

I used this router attachment to complete the cutouts. Good website to help cutting circles.

Mounted ipod in center console storage:

Crossovers and distribution block mounted under access seat:

Subwoofer enclosure was constructed out of fiberglass as per this website:

I found a company locally that color matched my truck, so I ordered a few rattle cans of color and clear. Came out pretty nice for my first time. Looks more like a volcano though. Its attached to the mounting bracket for the factory rear console.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
Spending my beer money...
flattire is on a distinguished road
flattire's Tacoma Gallery
Other additions:

Weather Tech floor liners:

Cutout for clutch:

Weather Tech window deflectors: (access cab deflectors actually came off the adhesive strip. Weather Tech refunded rear deflectors.)

Lund Genesis Tri-Fold Tonneau:

K&N Cold Air Intake: (plastic is supposed to be better than metal) $257.29

Update:

Grillcraft GB installed. Used a cheap grill from Parts Geek. Seem to be the same as the factory grill. Painted with a rattle can from my local paint supplier. They are able to color match anything and put it in a rattle can. Also used a rattle can two part clear coat. The clear needed lots of sanding in order to remove the orange peel.

I also relocated the horns to a single bolt on the lower cross support. This way they cannot be seen through the new grill. Also painted the radiator with some black primer.

Also installed HID fog lights and HID head lights. All was easy per the install pages from the group buy. Though I did have a ballast that was bad. Currently having a replacement sent. The lights are a drastic improvement. More pics of the light install to come.

Installed LT265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac and Xtreme Alloys Series 7089 Black Finish. No lift and had to remove the front mud flap. Didn't notice a change in power. Ride seems to be better. Mileage did drop off, especially for in town driving. Haven't tested in the snow yet, but it looks like its going to this week.

How the Taco looks now:

More to come
Old 10-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
Im kinda a big deal
JHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 2T251*Air Transportation*437th APS
Name: Justin
JHAirForce05's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
wow! interior is definitely complete!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #6
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Whoa!

That a lady tickler seat in the back?

Nice motor as well!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Well done!
Old 01-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #9
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
cleeeaaaannnn!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #10
2010TacomaTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: James
2010TacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
man your truck is amazing ! I love all the work you did with the audio, nice, neat and hidden away, i love it !

Products Discussed in this Thread