Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Pugga's Superwhite

Old 02-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #21
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
New toys in!! Finally bit the bullet and bought front 5100's and Eibach's Hopefully 5100 rears in a little bit...

Also got an Ultragauge, so far it works great and I'm learning a lot about my driving habits.

This will officially be the first vehicle I've ever lifted so a little nervous even though I'm leaving the front at 0. After some measurements, if I get 1.5" of lift, it'll just about level me out. I'm hoping the weight of the double cab will keep them under the 1.5" mark so I keep a little rake for when I load up the bed or tow.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #22
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
You will love the Eibach and 5100 combination. I've had mine for a few months. With the 5100's set at 0 and the 1/4" spacer, the front raised 2". Ride is firm but near stock. Good choice!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #23
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
Cape Codder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I've had my truck for 3 years now but only found this site earlier this year.

So, lets hear it, what to you all think? Some of you have some pretty awesome rigs and mine will never be nearly as modified but I'm curious to get some comments.
Glad Ya found the site, It's gonna keep you Broke too, I see

I like the "Dog Mod" in the back window.
Not big on the Grill Guards, but they serve a purpose if you need 'em.
But IMO the Blingy Grill Guard, really take away for the overall "SuperWhite" image.
Every time I see a nice SuperWhite all color matched (Radiant Reds too), I second guess my Color decision
Headlights look great (again, Grill Guard Issue)

Quote:
I'm surprised I didn't get more people saying the same thing about the grille guard. I'm actually not really a huge fan of it either but it was to protect the painted bumper from the infamous 'Boston Bump'....... I'm seriously considering the Avid bar in it's place or saving up for the ARB even though it's overkill and would require some additional front end modification.
I see the ARB's the decision. Cool
Down here all the "Boston Tourists" park by Braille.....Hense:

Both from AVID Offroad

Quote:
I saw this before, just didn't ask
Does that 2x6 extend all the way across and rest in the depressions above the Storage Compartments?
Can't tell from the pic.

Quote:
New toys in!! Finally bit the bullet and bought front 5100's and Eibach's Hopefully 5100 rears in a little bit...
Now I'm Jealous.

Ya gotta Nice Truck, Enjoy the Moddin'
Old 02-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #24
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
Glad Ya found the site, It's gonna keep you Broke too, I see

I saw this before, just didn't ask
Does that 2x6 extend all the way across and rest in the depressions above the Storage Compartments?
Can't tell from the pic.
I found the site a while ago and it has been hell on my bank account and heaven to my truck!

I'm not huge on the 'blingy' grille guard but, on the other hand, I love that it's stainless steel and I'll never have to deal with rust. Plus, I have some fairly expensive lights mounted up front and I'm not sure if the Avid bar would protect them if some jackass backed into my.

The 2x6's do extend across the bed and sit in the pockets on the bed sides. The piece you're seeing in the back was just a 1x2 that I screwed in from the top. It doesn't go the full width, it was only used because there are 2 pieces of plywood and I wanted them to stay even and rigid at the back of the platform.

Nice truck BTW! I like the Avid bar color matched!
Old 08-12-2011, 05:30 AM   #25

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
never noticed u had a build page......looks good!
Thanks Brock! I need to get some updated pics with the new suspension set-up and new shoes. The little Tacoma is growing up little by little, 1.6" from Eibachs and AAL, now going to 265/70 17 for another 1/2". I'll have to get some pics up with the new AT3's mounted up this weekend
Old 08-20-2011, 08:31 AM   #26

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the latest and greatest! Just got home from the tire shop so here's the before and after. I went from 265/65R17 Cooper ATR's to 265/70R17 Cooper AT3's
These are also the first pictures post-lift. The lift is 5100's all around, fronts at 0 with Eibach coils and a TSB rear with the Icon 3-leaf AAL with the factory overload still installed.
Before:

After:
Old 08-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #27

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How they treatin ya?
Brock, they're awesome!! So smooth! I really liked the ATR's but these are a lot better. The ATR's would try to 'follow' ruts and imperfections in the road surface and these don't do it at all. I don't have many miles on them yet but so far I'm a happy camper

Plus the 265/70's fill the wheel wells nicely. No power loss noted and I'll have MPG info in a few days.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #28

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wandering isn't fun..............don't forget the chalk test!

Looks good mang
Good call, I think they set me at like 29 PSI, I'll have to get on that tomorrow!

Thanks Brock
Old 10-03-2011, 05:23 AM   #29

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
So it continues... it's been a busy couple weeks for the Tacoma.

I finally got around to painting the lower valance. It had gotten pretty chipped up from driving through some brush so I used Rustoleum Bedliner to cover the marks. It went on pretty easy with minimal prep work.

Next up, I broke one of the welds on my Hunter grille guard so my girlfriend bought me an NFab light bar for my b-day to replace it. I coated it with the same Rustoleum bed linere and mounted up with a pair of PIAA 520's and a pair of PIAA 540's (I forgot to get an in line fuse so the 540's aren't operational yet). The Nfab does come powder coated from the factory but it seems to scratch very very easily and it seemed to be a thin coating so the extra protection from the bedliner will hopefully make it hold up better to the salt up here.

Lastly, I got hit a while back on my passenger side and my headlight bulb blew on impact and the fog light bulb went out shortly thereafter (and the fog light housing is now fogging up ). I had Philips Xtreme bulbs before and replaced them with PIAA Xtreme White bulbs. So far I like them, that have a blue hue on the reflector bowl when you look at them straight on but shine white. BTW, the nitwit who decided on the placement of the battery and windshield washer fluid tank can kiss my ass! I don't know who's hairbrain idea that was but neither one can move far as the ground for the battery is only 3" long and there's a wiring harness holding the fluid tank in place even if you remove the bolts. Anyways, the headlight bulbs are in and I held off on the fog bulbs until I can get the housing out, dry it up and reseal it.

Pics to follow if the rain ever stops
Old 10-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #30

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well, u can actually unclip the harness for the washer fluid....its easy as Apple pie.

Buuuuuuut, put ur finger over the hole if its full, and set it in a bucket so when it leaks outta the hole where the hose was removed, u don't lose ur washer fluid.

As for the battery, I know....its a total pita.

I usually just unbolt the hold down and wiggle the fugger and tilt it as far out the way as I can.
Of course it was chock full because I just filled it last week I didn't know how everything was connected so I didn't mess with it, just moved it out of the way as much as I could, same with the battery. Hopefully it'll be the last headlight bulb change I have to go through for a while!
Old 10-22-2011, 05:13 PM   #31

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
New bedlinered NFab light bar, second set of lights (PIAA 540's), painted lower valance and fully detailed

Old 11-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #32
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
what paint did u use for the swhlm
Old 11-19-2011, 11:45 AM   #33

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3bigk0 View Post
what paint did u use for the swhlm
I used Krylon Fusion, same stuff from Viet's BHLM write up, just white.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #34

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Updated pics! Got the Tacoma all nice and clean today so I took a pic with the new lights up front (I like the look of 4 PIAA 520's vs. 2 520's and 2 540's)

Old 05-31-2012, 05:58 AM   #37

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
Looking good man...clean as a whistle!
Thanks! That's just soap also, no wax. I use Mother's Carnuba Car Wash and it really does a great job for just a simple wash. In a couple weeks (once the pollen stops falling) I'll do the complete wash, clay, polish and wax

Quote:
Have u seen what a whistle looks like after a peanut butter and jelly sammich loaded child has gotten to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ICKlVlAN View Post
WHLM FTW!
Hell yeah!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #38

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
New pics! I got color matched mirrors and went back to H/T tires. I half assed detailed it. I just did the wash, Ultimate Compound and then NXT wax and skipped the clay bar (I personally don't think the clay bar did that much).

I used my free sample of Fluid Film to wax the rear bumper. It came out great I think. If you use it as a wax, don't apply as liberally as a wax, you don't need that much to cover the same area but it will polish up nicely!

Color matched mirrors!

Old 08-28-2012, 05:25 AM   #39

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
New mods: Diff breather relocation (breather is now behind the fuel door) and a modified fog light anytime mod. I've got mine wired so the fogs will only come on with the parking lights. I bent the fog light relay tab and spliced a wire into the factory marker light to trigger the relay since I don't have the tow package. Pics to follow!
Old 10-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #40

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Time for a thread bump, retrofits are done! Just gotta get the mounted and wired up.

Next up are heated mirrors and new OTRATTW switches.