Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Pugga's Superwhite

Old 10-30-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Pugga's Superwhite

I've had my truck for 3 years now but only found this site earlier this year. I wanted to make a thread so I can at least keep track of what I do to the truck from here on in. I can't really call it a build thread cause I haven't really done a whole lot of custom work. Pretty much everything on the truck was put on for a reason. It will never be a dedicated off road machine so no plans to lift it. Before you all start saying 'mall crawler' it does get put to work around the yard, draging trees out after we drop them, etc, I just like the clean, stockish look.
Started out with a brand new 2007 SR5 4x4 Double Cab Short Bed.
Updated 5/16/2013:
Exterior additions since I got it:
Stainless steel steps (Removed and replaced with sliders)
Toyota OEM D-rings added to the front of the bed
Rubber bed mat
Hidden hitch class III receiver and wiring
Backstopper back-up sensors
Tinted windows
SWHLM (Superwhite headlight mod)
2011 Color match grille
Ditched the 16" Baja wheels and Dunlops for 17" TRD sport wheels
Valor exhaust tip
A.R.E. MX Series shell w/ sleeping platform
NFab Light Bar Coated with Rustoleum Bed Liner.
4 - PIAA 520 Driving Lights with Factory Switches (Factory Switch Replaced with OTRATTW Switches)
Bedlinered Lower Valance
Retrofitted Fog Lights using Blazer Projectors and Gattling Shrouds
Retrofitted Headlights using Morimoto H1 and Gattling Shrouds (Removed, back to halogen)
Modified Fog Light Anytime Mod
BAMF Sliders with Filler Plates
Color Matched TRD Sport Mirrors w/ Heated Highlander Mirror Glass

Suspension:
5100's all around
Eibach coils
Icon 3-leaf progressive AAL and TSB pack (with factory overload leaf still in place)

Performance:
TBD

Interior:
Husky all weather mats
Wet Okole rear seat covers
USA Spec I-Pod adapter
Illuminated 4x4 switch
Dog Transport Mod

Wish list:
Relentless aluminum front bumper
Color match Line-X rockers and fender flares
Sliders (Off the wish list thanks to Jerry at BAMF )
Some pics!

So, lets hear it, what to you all think? Some of you have some pretty awesome rigs and mine will never be nearly as modified but I'm curious to get some comments.
As she sits 8/28/12

On the trail:

New BAMF sliders:
Old 10-30-2010, 09:13 PM   #5
ycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
ycart1201's Tacoma Gallery
looking good.

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 10-30-2010, 10:12 PM   #6
Shaq-enzy Falls
supataco has a spectacular aura aboutsupataco has a spectacular aura aboutsupataco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ichiro
supataco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job!
Old 10-31-2010, 12:28 AM   #7
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: FN
Name: Kyle
Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
look good liking the headlights!!
Old 10-31-2010, 05:48 AM   #8
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I'm curious to get some comments.
Not diggin' the grill guard or the OWL tires.

Love the headlights.

Nice truck.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:03 AM   #9
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Not diggin' the grill guard or the OWL tires.

Love the headlights.

Nice truck.
I'm surprised I didn't get more people saying the same thing about the grille guard. I'm actually not really a huge fan of it either but it was to protect the painted bumper from the infamous 'Boston Bump'. You see, a lot of people up here park by touch so I just gave them a big piece of metal to back into instead of my bumper. I'm seriously considering the Avid bar in it's place or saving up for the ARB even though it's overkill and would require some additional front end modification. As far as the tires... weak moment I suppose. Call me crazy, I went for the look.

Thanks for the honesty though! I definitely wanted to hear people's opinions.

Thanks for the comments guys!
Old 10-31-2010, 10:59 AM   #11
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm surprised I didn't get more people saying the same thing about the grille guard. I'm actually not really a huge fan of it either but it was to protect the painted bumper from the infamous 'Boston Bump'. You see, a lot of people up here park by touch so I just gave them a big piece of metal to back into instead of my bumper. I'm seriously considering the Avid bar in it's place or saving up for the ARB even though it's overkill and would require some additional front end modification. As far as the tires... weak moment I suppose. Call me crazy, I went for the look.

Thanks for the honesty though! I definitely wanted to hear people's opinions.

Thanks for the comments guys!
You are welcome.

You have a real nice truck.

The OWL tire comment was kinda in jest (mucho discussion on this forum about them vs. black wall), and even though I've had both...I prefer the BW.

The grill guard is serious. You have an awesome and unique headlight mod...it's a shame to put a fence in front of it.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #12
fresh taco
redlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Aaron
redlight's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a super white as well... do you happen to have any pics with the WHLM w/o the grill guard on? That's an interesting variation that I've considered, and I just ordered a white grill to replace my chrome'd version.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #13

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have any pictures w/out the grille guard but here are a couple before I put them on the truck. I also included a link to a thread of someone else's WHLM. He doesn't have a grille guard but has eye lids.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-tacoma-5.html
Old 11-18-2010, 05:42 AM   #14

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
New toys!

Just ordered the bumper guard/lift point from Timicha and finally replaced my driving light switch with a stock switch so it actualy looks like it belongs! Still waiting to put on the roof rack... pics to follow!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:03 AM   #15
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just ordered the bumper guard/lift point from Timicha and finally replaced my driving light switch with a stock switch so it actualy looks like it belongs! Still waiting to put on the roof rack... pics to follow!
cool waiting on the pics, your truck looks great!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:45 AM   #16

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
cool waiting on the pics, your truck looks great!
Thanks! I should get the 'battering ram' from Timicha soon hopefully and my girlfriend bought the rack for Christmas so I have to wait another month before I can put it on I'll get pictures up of the switches hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning. I just used another stock fog light switch so it looks kind of weird having two identical switches but, on the other hand, it looks cleaner than the autozone switches I was using.

BTW, those factory switches are a PITA! Every one of those slots in the dash are tabbed differently to only accept a specific switch. So if anyone is thinking about doing this, make sure you have a dremel.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:22 AM   #17

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
NEW PICTURES!!

First pic, new switches! I bought a second fog light switch and mounted it next to the factory one to run the PIAAs. What you can't see is the wiring, even with the switch on, the PIAAs will only come on when the high beams are on.

Valor exhaust tip, new addition... Chrome haters be damned! Very easy to install, took about 5 minutes.

Interior shot of the back seat covers. Neoprene seat covers for the dog. Not WO's, about 1/2 the price and have held up great so far. Not the greatest color as you can see, but this was a function over form item for me. It if weren't for them, the dog would have destroyed my seats.

Last, but not least, ready for winter with the tractor weights in the bed. Weights are about 90 lbs a piece.

More pics to come when the battering ram comes from Timicha!
Old 12-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #18

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I sort of went a different route with the truck and bought an ARE cap... Tacoma -> 4Runner complete, haha. I ditched the vinyl tonneau and the roof rack plans. I now have plenty of dry, lockable storage for camping gear and dog stuff!

Wood platform. 2-2x6's used for the cross members and a couple pieces of 3/4" plywood for the decking. It's built in 4 pieces so it breaks down into small, manageable pieces. I made the front 2 pieces able to lift out so I can get to things that slide to the front of bed under the platform. So far it's proven to be pretty stable and able to support a decent amount of weight. I'll probably finish it off with a rubber mat or possibly outdoor carpeting of some sort, still undecided.

Still waiting to get pics up of the battering ram from Timicha. I've got to wait for a nice day to finish paint it and I'm going to make a few modifications to it also.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #19
TACO SUPREME
c0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud of
Coast Guard: MK1/E-6
Name: Dennis
c0astie31's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to c0astie31
hey bud,

exhaust tip looks great, i am glad you could use it, and i love the new cap, plenty of room for the chocolate lab, what a awesome dog, we need to meet up again, good people
Old 12-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #20

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0astie31 View Post
hey bud,

exhaust tip looks great, i am glad you could use it, and i love the new cap, plenty of room for the chocolate lab, what a awesome dog, we need to meet up again, good people
Thanks man. You can see why I'll be putting the lighting upgrades on hold for a while... I think the dog has officially taken over the back seat, the cap is for camping supplies and his crap I have to tote around everytime I take him camping! Take care, looking forward to seeing what those new lights do!