Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

CopyTaco's 2010 BSP Double Cab LB Build

Old 04-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #21
skeeert
CopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kins
CopyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gov875 View Post
love the PBR tailgate mod in the pic with the skis
That was a great day of skiing however my partner for the day got hit a littler harder from the PBR then me. Love performance beers.

Edit: Canopy found and I installed my scoop insert.

4/11 Edit: Canopy is at the shop being painted! Crappy weather today so no grill/bumper/badge painting for me however
Old 04-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #22
skeeert
CopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Added a ton of pictures from the past few weeks of modding. Check out post #3 for the pictures. Below I am showcasing my painting of my rear bumper, grill and toyota emblems as well as plastidipping my front tacoma emblems. Rear emblems are scheduled for removal. Might keep the tacoma one and dip that as well. Enjoy and thanks for looking!

First off the my neighbor's cat we decided to be the shop kitty for the day.

Next, I taped off the bumper.

Then I proceeded to prime and paint. First I buffed the chrome with 800 grit and then primed it using a plastic primer. Then I painted using a matt black finish.

While waiting for the primer to dry I went ahead and pulled off my grill and emblem. They both got the same treatment as above.

Taped off Tacoma emblems.

Finished product.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:54 AM   #23
lamericle is on a distinguished road

Army: Jump master, Pathfinder, Master Breacher, EMT
Name: keagan
lamericle's Tacoma Gallery
good looking truck. I plan to take mine in a similar direction. Keep posting pics!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #24
skeeert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamericle View Post
good looking truck. I plan to take mine in a similar direction. Keep posting pics!
Thanks man! TW is truly a vacuum for my wallet......

Case and point:

Got some sliders being fabbed by 4Xinnovations right now and I just purchased a Safari Snorkel from Kurt at cruiseroutfitters.

Fortunately I can play the "better MPG" card to the wife and this is trust fund money too (she can't touch it! ahahahhaa).... thanks Grandpa!
Old 05-20-2011, 07:17 AM   #25
jsbasham77 is on a distinguished road
jsbasham77's Tacoma Gallery
That is a badass rig! Very similar to what Im putting together. I looked forever for a black rig but settled for a silver. I just really like the look of a blacked out rig. Just built and purchased a new ARE topper. This will be my 1st mod. especially since the wife, dog and I are moving cross-country to your beautiful state. Shipping all the home goods and taking 4 weeks to make the trip xcountry. Should be a great trip.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #26
Beerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Beerrun's Tacoma Gallery
Not that I look at your truck all the time (trying to keep the head swelling to a minimum) and noticed your license plate is only 164 digits ahead of mine. This may seem trivial to you and maybe I'm a bit of a Rain Man but I thought it was kinda cool. What day in June did you get it? Thirtieth here.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #27
skeeert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbasham77 View Post
That is a badass rig! Very similar to what Im putting together. I looked forever for a black rig but settled for a silver. I just really like the look of a blacked out rig. Just built and purchased a new ARE topper. This will be my 1st mod. especially since the wife, dog and I are moving cross-country to your beautiful state. Shipping all the home goods and taking 4 weeks to make the trip xcountry. Should be a great trip.
Ouch that is a long move. Good luck with it! Thanks for the compliment My next mod is throwing on the Snorkel tomorrow.... I know the wife saw it in the garage but I don't think she bothered to actually read "Snorkel" on the giant cardboard box in the garage. She might come home to a shock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerrun View Post
Not that I look at your truck all the time (trying to keep the head swelling to a minimum) and noticed your license plate is only 164 digits ahead of mine. This may seem trivial to you and maybe I'm a bit of a Rain Man but I thought it was kinda cool. What day in June did you get it? Thirtieth here.
I believe I got it on July 17th however I could be mistaken. June and July were two straight months of hell for me. I like your attention to detail there too

I've seen 5 or so modded Tacomas in the area. I keep seeing a white one however there is always a chick driving it.
Edit: I also regularly see two that park in my work's parking garage. One is a silver 2nd gen with sport hood and some mean looking tread while the other is a 1st gen with some boggers and I think a fabtech 6".
Old 05-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #28
skeeert

Installed my snorkel today! Was a fun job, a little fustrating at times but was well worth it! My throttle response is like night an day now and my Ultragauge is now showing my instant MPG's (not incredibly accurate I know) have jumped tremendously. Highway MPG's are hitting 30-40 MPG's and city is showing 23-27 MPG's. I know they are way high but considering both show about a 10 MPG increase you know its working and realistically a 3-4 MPG would make me happy.

My wife was not happy when she saw it either. She found me walking the dogs this afternoon, pulled up beside me and I quote "You are in trouble..." HAHHAHAHAHHA So worth it. I threw the MPG card at her so I think she'll get over it. Oh well enjoy the pics!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:49 PM   #29
26+6=1
redrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to redrazr
Love your build! It's given me some great ideas for my own build
Old 05-24-2011, 03:05 PM   #30
the town is back that way
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Freeda Feltcher
GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Love it man, my snorkel comes in tomorrow!!!!, cant wait
Old 06-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #31
AuburnTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
AuburnTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyTaco View Post
Alrighty... weather is still shitty but here's a few teasers... I am extremely happy with the results. Tiny tiny tiny take off vibes however none beyond that. Minor trimming to clear the rear part of the front fenders. Did not have the chance to measure hub center to fender but the lift is SICK and I love my WHEEL/TIRE combo. Enjoy!
I really dig your truck man! I'm lifting my truck and getting those same wheels and tires soon (first major mods) so I'm nervous about the 285's rubbing. How much did you have to trim?
Old 06-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #32
skeeert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnTaco View Post
I really dig your truck man! I'm lifting my truck and getting those same wheels and tires soon (first major mods) so I'm nervous about the 285's rubbing. How much did you have to trim?
I used a razor blade to cut it away and there really wasn't much to trim. Just a little of the tough plastic and a bunch of the flimsy wheel well stuff.

Today I had these sliders from 4xInnovations fit to my frame and welded together. Going to paint them with Rustoleum bed liner to match my avid.

edit: and the canopy is off for now

Old 10-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #33
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like your Grabbers?
Old 10-16-2011, 08:27 AM   #34
scott8357 is on a distinguished road

scott8357's Tacoma Gallery
Sick truck dude!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #35
Armsmaster is a glorious beacon of lightArmsmaster is a glorious beacon of lightArmsmaster is a glorious beacon of lightArmsmaster is a glorious beacon of lightArmsmaster is a glorious beacon of light

Law Enforcement: Firearms Instructor
Name: Bill
Armsmaster's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job......

Quote:
Welcome!

Copy Taco's
Murdered Out DCLB

Stock

Current

- Picks on post #3
- Blacking out my badges, bumper and grill
- Snorkel install

Next on the list:
- rear high-clearance armor
- Fog any time mod
- Passenger seat-belt warning mod

Suspension:
- OME 90000'
- OME 886X
- Differential drop kit
- Carrier Bearing drop kit
- Rear 5100's (Soon to be OME N182)
- Toytec 2" AAL (no TSB)
- Light Racing UCA's

Wheels & Tires:
- General Grabber AT2 285/75/16R
- Mickey Thompson Sidebiters 16x8 4.5" BS

Functional Mods:
- Rear Differential Breather Mod
- MetalMiller Tire Rack
- Firestik 4' Tune-able
- Bed Rail CB Antenna Mount
- Mag Light Mod
- Custom CB center-console mount

Exterior:
- Demello Offroad 3-Hoop Front Armor
- SnugTop Canopy (Currently off for the summer)
- Yakima Roof Rack
- OEM Black Grill and Toyota Emblem (Rattled flat black)
- OEM Scoop Hood
- OEM Rear Bumper (Rattled flat black)
- Halo Projector Headlights
- Semi-debadged
- Badges Blacked Out
- Safari Snorkel
- 4Xinnovation DOM welded rock rails with kickouts
Old 11-20-2011, 07:47 AM   #36
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
look great! excellent job!
Old 11-20-2011, 10:44 AM   #37
skeeert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerretxx View Post
look great! excellent job!
Thanks man!

I've made a few changes to my truck since the picture shown on the OP. I added a grillcraft black mesh grill, OEM roof racks and my canopy is back on. Just received my EE light bar so I can install my 3 Hella 500's behind the grill too.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #38
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks man!

I've made a few changes to my truck since the picture shown on the OP. I added a grillcraft black mesh grill, OEM roof racks and my canopy is back on. Just received my EE light bar so I can install my 3 Hella 500's behind the grill too.
nice! i am planning to do the OEM roof rack as well, ill probably wait until the beginning of the year though. how do you like the snorkel? i am thinking hard about getting one
Old 02-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #39
skeeert

Bump! Been a while and a few mods added

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerretxx View Post
nice! i am planning to do the OEM roof rack as well, ill probably wait until the beginning of the year though. how do you like the snorkel? i am thinking hard about getting one
Love my snorkel. The OEM roof rack was a great addition. I enjoy its use so much more than my Yakima setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
How do you like your Grabbers?
They have preformed awesome. These past two winters they have amazed me in ice and snow (not sipped). This winter especially I drove up decent incline that was literally a river of ice after I took a bad turn to avoid hellish traffic one morning. Climbed it with no slips to my amazement. A+ on wear too!
Old 03-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #40
skeeert

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
i still hope to see this thing in person.
We should have a small meet at the ORV park before you guys hit MOAB so you can test your setups.

edit: canopy sold... need to update pics